falling for a married man

I am attending school with a guy I am falling for hard and fast. He is the nicest guy I have ever met and he is so cute and sweet. We flirt like crazy, the problem is he is married, albeit unhappily. He has said to our group of friends that he's not sure they'll make it to their anniversary, which is in October. They married because she was pregnant.

Is it ok to have these feelings, I can't get him off my mind! If he were to divorce, I would jump at the chance to be with him, but am afraid of being hurt. I don't want to be his rebound relationship. I see something serious forming with him, but am afraid and unsure what to do. . .

There is nothing to be gained by getting involved with a married man. Nothing at all. Why would you want to hurt so many people, including yourself, when there are so many single guys around. Forget this one or you will pay a heavy price, guaranteed!

How am I to forget when I see him everyday were in school, and we haven't even discussed our feelings at this point. What if i were to go into school tomorrow and he were suddenly single and interested in seeing our potential, what if he is THE ONE for me?

What if I were to go into school tomorrow and he were suddenly single and interested in seeing our potential, what if he is THE ONE for me?

Now you're fantasizing.

The truth be known, there is no such thing as "THE ONE". In fact, there are many people who are well suited for us. It's a matter of timing.

In this case, the "timing" isn't right and no amount of wishing and hoping will change that.

While we may not be able to control our feelings, we ARE in absolute control of what we do with them. If you fixate and obsess on this one unavailable guy, you risk overlooking someone else who might be better suited for you.

And on a more personal note, I would have to question the character of any guy who so freely belittled his wife in the presence of other women while flirting. It's a cheap and oh-so-obvious ploy that also denotes a lack of intelligence and originality. Turn your sh*t-detector back on girl, cause you’re being played! :mad:

Please believe me when I tell you that your "love interest" is simply feeling the waters. If he can have his cake and eat it too, he will not leave her, especially not if there are children in the picture.

I agree with Enigma, any man who can publicly "dog" his wife is trouble. He got what he was looking for, didn't he? He got your attention. Beware, he may have gotten more than yours.

Involvement with a married man is nothing but trouble, pain and heartbreak. It will be agony for you to put your life on hold while satisfying his needs. Who will be satisfying yours? Believe me, if this guy is "the one" or if he really wants to seek a meaningful, new relationship, he will leave his wife FIRST.

You will do yourself a world of good if you make that clear from the very beginning.