Guy likes me, has a girlfriend in Japan too

I just recently met this guy who seems really nice. He was the one that went to all the trouble of getting my attention and talking to me. He was the one that asked me for my number.

He tells me that he has a girlfriend in Japan and that he even visited her not that long ago. I think that in his mind they are on a break since they don't see eachother anymore because they are in different countries. The girl is supposed to be visiting him next year if they are still together. I hope not.

He hasn't even been back in the country that long and is already seeing someone else. Me. I can tell he likes me. Even after I gave him my number he rings me pretty often at night before he goes to bed. We talk for probably like half an hour to an hour. We both seem to get along pretty well.

I don't know what's gonna happen. I guess it's up to him what he ends up doing.

IF he really wants you, then make it clear to him that you want him to CHOOSE you, and 100%...no overseas attachments.

If he really loves her, then this will end your little adventure together, but at least it makes things clear for all concerned.

(Bill, due to the late/early hour, I had to borrow your razor to chop down this post...hoping you don't mind.)

:laugh:

Curt

Give the guy a few points for being honest with you. The fact he has a girlfriend in Japan and told you about her indicates he may fear close, emotionally intimate relationships. It could also be an opportunity for you to win him over since you are right there with him and his girlfriend is 10,000 miles away. Either could be the case. You'll have to figure it out.

Generally speaking, when a guy announces he has a girlfriend I think that's enough information to move on and forget about him...unless you just want to be his buddy and entertain him until the next time he visits with his girlfriend. If you think you might end up liking this guy a lot, stay away from him. That's my slant on things.

• 2 weeks later...
Whosdatgirl_07

I have a friend who is in a similar situation, she was with the guy for 4 months while he had a girlfriend in spain, and him and the girlfriend hadn't seen each other in ages, and apparently she was supposed to be coming over here all the time, she never did though..

my friend got sooo emotionally drained that as much as she loved him, she walked away, because- sweetie, like her situation, this guy with the girlfriend in japan wont change, this girl is always going to be in the picture, unless he REALLY likes you and chooses you over her.

Why is he holding on to this relationship with the girl in japan if hes seeing someone else? because he has hope of them being together again in the same country some day.

If you stick around in this relaionship its going to be like a competition for you two and im pretty sure that you're gonna b the one who gets hurt here.

i suggest you tell him to tell the girlfriend in japan about how he has been seeing you, and then work from there, if he refuses to tell her, then theres no hope seriously, that was like my friends guy.

Sorry to sound so negative, but ive seen it before.

good luck with him, take care

Thanks guys for your thoughts. I haven't heard from this guy in two weeks so I guess it is over with him. It only

lasted for like a week. He tells me he has this girl after I get you know intimate with him. I am glad he was

honest with me so I wouldn't get emotionally attached. At least I know I don't have to deal with all the trust

issues he is going to have with that girl. He goes to the club every weekend with his male friends. I wonder how

many other girls he is going to try get with before she comes back. If she ever does.

Next time I pick up. I know now to ask if the guy has a girlfriend so I know not to get in this situation again.