Negotiating a settlement

Someone I know was involved in an EMA with a very wealthy man. When he wanted to end the A, she negotiated to keep things quiet (ie. not telling the W) by way of a Patek Phillipe watch (worth $25k maybe more).

Which leads me to my question: Do you know anyone who has done something similar?

fooled once

Sorry but that is yuck :sick:

Relationships end. Part of life.

Negotiations for a settlement in my view are between 2 people divorcing, not having an affair. Almost makes it sound like hush money or a extortion or payment for services rendered....

Thats blackmail. Seems to me that if someone did it once, they would come back for more later.

Never negotiate with a terrorist.

If she wanted the watch, why didnt he just buy it for her as a gift when things were good between them?

Negotiations for a settlement in my view are between 2 people divorcing, not having an affair. Almost makes it sound like hush money or a extortion or payment for services rendered....

Totally does. She may as well be a hooker. A settlement is meant to be when parties have invested and need to divvy up the proceeds.

And.. if I was GOING to tell, no $25k watch would stop me. :D

• Author

I am by NO WAY approving/encouraging/promoting this type of behavior.... Was just wondering if anyone else knew of something similar.

This woman is every man's nightmare (single or not) - extremely predatory. She specifically targets multimillionaires (to date, try to marry, have A's with).

I could never live by her "code" but there is a small part of me that is...I guess, fascinated, by how she goes after what she wants.

• Author

Oh it was totally blackmail.

• Author
Thats blackmail. Seems to me that if someone did it once, they would come back for more later.

Never negotiate with a terrorist.

If she wanted the watch, why didnt he just buy it for her as a gift when things were good between them?

Trust me, she got PLENTY of gifts while they were together. I think the watch was just the cherry on top.

And my line is "Shoot the hostage". :)

Well, in the arena she is shopping in - if she is so low as to start blackmailing multi millionaires for watches....she is done.

bentnotbroken

Thank God I don't know anyone like this...because I would blow her(or him) out of the water without a second thought.:sick: Absolutely no standards what so ever.

complicatedlife
Thank God I don't know anyone like this...because I would blow her(or him) out of the water without a second thought.:sick:Absolutely no standards what so ever.

The bolded is the first thing that came to my mind. Why do some women have to continue to give men names like "golddiger" to call (some of) us?

Although, I will say that I heard that the word golddigger was specifically created by men so that women wouldn't ask them for anything...don't think it worked much! :p

Which leads me to my question: Do you know anyone who has done something similar?

I'm only aware of a couple personally, and the arrangement was a condo and a house.

In those circles, a Patek Twenty-4 is a nice gift, but hardly an arrangement, IMO.

Like my best friend says, be glad she's on to her next victim.... :)

Excellent point Carhill. Its a parting gift. I forget what movie or book or whatever it was where when the man ended an affair he gave the women a particular Hermes scarf. Women would see each other wearing that scarf and know that they had an affair with the same man.

Watch is about 50x more expensive than the scarf but same difference.

Those sorts of parting gifts are common in certain cultures (or sub cultures of certain cultures at the risk of stereotyping). There are women who make a lot of money with those gifts and relationships.

And the men fearing retribution (telling the W, political retribution etc) pay up.

I have talked several men out of giving much more generous parting gifts to women (in one case a house in another case several million dollars). Smacked them upside the head I did!

Edited by jj33
GreenEyedLady

YUCK!

Some people have no class whatsoever.

Maybe it'll get the MM thinking twice about cheating again.

GEL

xpaperxcutx

I think in affairs, such transactions are common if unspoken of publicly. Didn't David Boreanaz the actor cough up to having an affair in the first place because his ex- mistress went to his lawyer about blabbling to the press if he didn't pay her?

• Author
I'm only aware of a couple personally, and the arrangement was a condo and a house.

In those circles, a Patek Twenty-4 is a nice gift, but hardly an arrangement, IMO.

Like my best friend says, be glad she's on to her next victim.... :)

I'm sure if she had gotten PREGNANT and decided to "keep things quiet" she may have gotten a nice apartment out of it.

I'm not friends with her (I only *know* her) - so it's possible she'd keep the kid and squeeze what monies she could out of him.....

Someone I know was involved in an EMA with a very wealthy man. When he wanted to end the A, she negotiated to keep things quiet (ie. not telling the W) by way of a Patek Phillipe watch (worth $25k maybe more).

That's disgusting.

Going after someone for their money in the first place is disgusting, though, so I guess you can't be surprised by blackmail at the end of it.

My love is a man of some means, and has told me of several women who made blatant over the top comeons onto him after finding out about his position. From how he tells it, these women are normally so transparent that the MM probably knew what he was getting into.

Mimolicious
I am by NO WAY approving/encouraging/promoting this type of behavior.... Was just wondering if anyone else knew of something similar.

This woman is every man's nightmare (single or not) - extremely predatory. She specifically targets multimillionaires (to date, try to marry, have A's with).

I could never live by her "code" but there is a small part of me that is...I guess, fascinated, by how she goes after what she wants.

Not that I am approving nor promoting it either but I wouldn't call her anything but that's "ONE SMART BITCH!".

Isn't that the point of getting involved in A's or R's period? To get what you want? Doesn't everyone do this but just the "want" part is what changes to a MM/MW, BENZ, a Chopard, love, etc..??

Is your friend any classless than other people that get involved with MM/MW?

But isn't "I'll tell your W if you leave me" also blackmail and "extremely predatory" also?

Seems like your friend gets goodies rather than dealing with drama.

There are thousands of women "golddiggers"/men "gigolos" who achieve a certain financial status and lifestyle by behaving this way. They have different motives, taste, interest, drive. A'la Anna Nicole Smith (RIP).

At the end of the day these situations are somewhat similar but embellished with a fine piece. Some walk away with material things and some walk away emotionally disturbed. To each its own!

these women are normally so transparent that the MM probably knew what he was getting into.

I agree. They don't seem to mind getting into to it or buying lavish gifts either. Let's remember, very rich men don't look at price tags. A $25,000 watch to a very wealthy person is like a Seiko to the not-so-wealthy.

Now, did you friend demand for the watch or he gave it to her as the "kiss of death"?

Sounds like Kim and Big Poppa! LOL!

Well, think about.....

Affairs cost SOME money, no? Hotels, trips, gifts, dinners...

I wonder how many poor, jobless, or homeless guys are out there having affairs.....

Cannot imagine too many.

My single dating friends claim everyone is attracted to the alpha male; the guy who seems like he has money, or at least a lifestyle that could afford them some of the niceties of "dating."

Most, if not all, would never consider a chronically unemployed man.

Hahahaha! Which makes me wonder if the OW in our triangle would have even considered him a prospect during the years of back issues, pain meds, and in and out of jobs....

Just DON'T THINK SO.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

• Author
Well, think about.....

Absolutely.

I wonder how many poor, jobless, or homeless guys are out there having affairs.....

Cannot imagine too many.

I would think the women in a "worse" social category than them probably would.... but then again, you'd be surprised.

I know a woman (acquaintance, not friend) who wanted to get married and dated a guy who, although he had a job, was technically "homeless" living in the warehouse of the company he supposedly "owned".

My single dating friends claim everyone is attracted to the alpha male; the guy who seems like he has money, or at least a lifestyle that could afford them some of the niceties of "dating."

Most intelligent women (single & working) would not purposely go out and DATE a man like that. But I bet there are women out there MARRIED to men like this. Go figure.

Most intelligent women (single & working) would not purposely go out and DATE a man like that. But I bet there are women out there MARRIED to men like this. Go figure.

TOWinNYC, I'm not sure why, but you absolutely seem to have a major issue with wives in general today.

On 2 seperate threads you've posted comments like this that are just generally insulting to wives in general.

You're deriding them.

Normally you're pretty level headed, but these comments are pretty point blank insults.

Wassup?

Mimolicious
Well, think about.....

Cannot imagine too many.

Hahahaha! Which makes me wonder if the OW in our triangle would have even considered him a prospect during the years of back issues, pain meds, and in and out of jobs....

Just DON'T THINK SO.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I know! My xH... :lmao: His OW never expected that if he walked out, he was going to do so empty. No luxury cars, home and the lucrative business he once had. Now I am his boss! Sucks to be her! :p

Mimolicious
Absolutely.

I would think the women in a "worse" social category than them probably would.... but then again, you'd be surprised.

I know a woman (acquaintance, not friend) who wanted to get married and dated a guy who, although he had a job, was technically "homeless" living in the warehouse of the company he supposedly "owned".

I actually now one OW that goes out with a man like this... he was a Well-off MARRIED man. Now he is a BROKE MAN to his OW. He's my xH

Go figure.

TOWinNYC, I'm not sure why, but you absolutely seem to have a major issue with wives in general today.

On 2 seperate threads you've posted comments like this that are just generally insulting to wives in general.

You're deriding them.

Normally you're pretty level headed, but these comments are pretty point blank insults.

Wassup?

Yes, please let us understand.

Absolutely.

Most intelligent women (single & working) would not purposely go out and DATE a man like that. But I bet there are women out there MARRIED to men like this. Go figure.[/quote]

Sure, the marriage vows said, "..for richer or poorer, in sickness and health..."

The vows did not say, "Until I grow bored or you go broke, whichever comes first....."

HappyAtLast
I actually now one OW that goes out with a man like this... he was a Well-off MARRIED man. Now he is a BROKE MAN to his OW. He's my xH

Go figure.

He must not have had a very good attorney. I have not been divorced in many years, but I thought things were closer to fifty fifty split these days.

pureinheart

No I don't know anyone personally, although I did know guys personally that got taken to the "cleaners" by the exW...no difference IMO.