I just found out last night that the man I love is married.

I just found out last night that the man I love is married. He told me that when we met he had just lost a child and that he needed a friend. He said that his marriage had been going downhill fast and still is. I asked him if he loved his wife and he said yes. I told him that he needed to work on his marriage. I love this man and I always will but I will NOT get involved with a married man. He told me that he will always love me. We have broken all contact, although I still would like to be his friend, I know that is just not possible. I want to be with someone who I can have a future with...I don't think that is too much to ask.

my_mother's_daughter

If you thought it was OK, you wouldn't be confused, you would be sure. I think deep down you're probably a decent person and know that it's wrong. Don't continue with this, find someone who you can trust to be true to you and who will have time to spend on you and you alone. Everyone seems to forget that when a married man has an affair, he cheats on two women, and you're just the other one he's living a lie with.

When you fall in love with a married man its not really love, its something else, I really don't want to explain it. Its never ceases to amaze me who some woman get off by the thought or the reality of being a homewrecker or a potential one. If you don't play into the game the guy has to deal with his problems with his wife and you make the world a better place. C'mon now, there are no single guys out there, I think not.

I posted my situation as a reply to the thread "falling in love with a married man" or something on that order. Like I said in my post, I only found out last night that he is married. Had I known earlier I wouldn't be in this mess that I am in now. I still love this man but like I said I will NOT pursue anything with him...it is just wrong. We have broken contact and I don't even think it is possible to keep the friendship. I am not about breaking up someone's family even if there are no kids involved. That is just not the person that I am. I told him he needed to work on his marriage and that is all there is to it. I am not and will not be a homewrecker. I will just have to have to move on with my life. And that is exactly what I plan to do.

When you fall in love with a married man its not really love, its something else

superd, falling in love is falling in love. It's exactly the same. Just curious - how many people have you fallen love with? Any of them married? I thought not.

well I have been in love a few times, none of them have been married, at least as far as I know, but i do know what I am talking about. Anyway, if we don't agree we don't agree. At least we can agree to disagree! No? ;)

Originally posted by superd

well I have been in love a few times, none of them have been married, at least as far as I know, but i do know what I am talking about. Anyway, if we don't agree we don't agree. At least we can agree to disagree! No? ;)

If you met a woman, dated for a while, fell in love with her -- THEN found out she was married...um...would that mean you were never really in love with her?? I'm confused. :confused:

let me unconfuse you, i would break up with her whether I thought it was love or not because she was dishonest from the getgo and I can't live like that.

• Like 1
Originally posted by superd

When you fall in love with a married man its not really love, its something else.

Well, maybe THIS is what confused me. Put together my last two posts and see if you can figure out what I'm saying.