Anniversary

We just celebrated. Can't believe how quickly times goes! I love him more today than I did yesterday. He is a lovely, wonderful man. :love: That morning I woke up to him gazing at me and wishing me a happy anniversary. I laughed as I forgot. :D

Fallen Angel
We just celebrated. Can't believe how quickly times goes! I love him more today than I did yesterday. He is a lovely, wonderful man. :love: That morning I woke up to him gazing at me and wishing me a happy anniversary. I laughed as I forgot. :D

AWWWWW, we just had an anniversary as well... two years ago this week, we kissed for the first time.

I remember it like it was yesterday... we had missed each other at the airport, and after a time I had decided that he had changed his mind and decided not to come get me. (we had told each other that if for any reason one of us was not there, we would let each other go without anger *remember we had been in an online and on-phone EA for well over a year) I finally gave up looking for him, and went outside to call my friend. I told her he was not there, and she was heartbroken for me. She made me promise to enjoy my vacation anyway. To call a cab and go directly to the beach and have the cab drop my bags of at my hotel.

I went back into the airport to find a phone book to call a cab. As I picked up the phone book at the bank of payphones I heard him ask me who I was planning on calling... I actually felt my knees weaken..

I was shaking so badly I couldn't even turn around and face him. He asked if he could hug me, and I said yes. before i could turn around he had wrapped his arms around me from behind and held me close, his face burried in my hair. We were both crying. When I turned around to face him he took my face in his hands and then kissed me.

I still feel butterflies in my stomach when he kisses me. :love:

Thanks for this thread, and giving me a space to talk about that :D!

Happy Anniversary, Got It!!! :bunny:

jennie-jennie
My pleasure! :DThere is happiness in these relationships. That is a very sweet story.

There sure is! I like this feel-good thread! How nice for a change.

Happy anniversary, Got it!

Our anniversary is the day I saw his email in my mailbox. The first sign of life from him in 31 years. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw his name as the sender and next to it the topic: the street we lived on as young. There was no way around it, it was him!

Edited by jennie-jennie

Hope you had a great anniversary! :)

Been away for awhile...are you still dating others or is he the only "man" in your life?

Wasn't he living out on his own? Did he file? Just looking for an update...

• Author

Yes we had a lovely, though low key time.

jwi71 - No we are not dating others. He has been out of the house for some months now but cannot file until he is separated for a certain amount of time. Both are wanting to move on that so other than the stickiness of the house and the outstanding debt they are both ready to get things moving. Those points may cause issues in the future (there are threats about attorneys, etc) but right now things are being done civilly.

I have met some of his family and he has met some of mine. We are starting to come "out" as a couple though we have not hidden our relationship either. Many knew then or know now. I will not meet the kids until the divorce is final. She does not know I am still (back) in the picture.

It is a wonderful relationship and I love him to bits. Sure we squabble and snip at times as we both have fiery personalities but then he melts me when he does things unasked. The other day he vacuumed my house, cooked dinner, walked the dog, and did the laundry! Why? Because he wanted to and was appreciative of the things I do for him. :love:

Who knows what the future holds but every day I am so thankful he is in my life. I am truly, fully loved. :love:

• Like 1

Thanks.

From all you say those are healthy steps I agree with.

Move forward albeit slowly.

Personally, no woman I date will meet my kids after a year.