Whats the best book you read

Getting_stronger

The Rules by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider. It helped make me stronger so I could get my head out of my @ss and start making sensible decisions for myself.

I tried reading some other books that dealt specifically with affairs. But the authors were either the Morality Police (yeah I got it, I KNOW it was wrong) or way too sugary like emotional syrup (I'm already drowning in my own emotions, I don't need any more).

I hung on to The Rules like a drowning man on a lifebuoy.

pureinheart
The Rules by Ellen Fein and Sherrie Schneider. It helped make me stronger so I could get my head out of my @ss and start making sensible decisions for myself.

I tried reading some other books that dealt specifically with affairs. But the authors were either the Morality Police (yeah I got it, I KNOW it was wrong) or way too sugary like emotional syrup (I'm already drowning in my own emotions, I don't need any more).

I hung on to The Rules like a drowning man on a lifebuoy.

You crack me up!!!!!! OMG there are soooo many books that I read...but the one that really opened my eyes was, "Men Who Can't Love"...it was written by a man and is very good. Am now reading, Go Away, Come Closer".

Am more into encouraging books now that help me focus on my future.

OB...I'm gonna get the book you suggested...I have read about 50 books or more in the last 2 years....I don't do morality police books at all...

Excellent subject GS!!!!!

jennie-jennie

The book that stopped the war between my head and my heart and made them join forces:

Patterns of Infidelity and Their Treatment by Emily Brown

AND

Francesco Alberoni's basic book:

Falling in Love and Loving

where falling in love is defined as "the nascent state of a collective movement made up of just two persons", the beginning of a revolution. This book can be found in its entirety online.

• Author
Getting_stronger

Thanks Pure- I am getting addicted to LSers advice :)

OK I am on amazon as we speak ... thank you guys xxx

Am almost mortified to admit this, but based on amazon reviews, I bought Paul McKenna's "I Can Mend Your Broken Heart" (yes, I was slightly desperate!). Absolutely ace - takes you right from the initial break up, through to future waverings as to whether you should go back to them, through to being prepared to date again. Has exercises at the end of each Chapter to do to help deal with emotions from the break up, but also build your own self confidence to prepare you for improved relationships in future.

Would really, really recommend, especially as the exercises mean you FEEL like you're doing something positive.

• Author
Getting_stronger

You are funny Tash- 'mortified to admit it' :)

That sounds like a good recommendation to me :)

• 2 weeks later...

"Mating in Captivity", Esther Perel, on R issues. "The God of Small Things", Arundhati Roy, overall.

Have not read any books on it ... just continue delving into my cookbooks, and decorating magazines...

Rather than trying to analize why anyone does what they do: I have to say that the Posters of LS have been the greatest for helping to put my head back on ...............Straight! :confused: