Another spin-off thread - "work W/Hs"...

Most As allegedly start in the workplace.

Without giving TMI, did your A start:

* at your workplace

* at your AP's workplace

* at both of your workplace (you work together)

* somewhere else?

* at your workplace

* at your AP's workplace

* somewhere else?

Affair began at the workplace where we both worked together. She has since moved to another company.

We work at the same company so our A started at our workplace. Just put in way too many work situations by our managers where we spent a lot of time together, got to know each other too well and our chemistry was unbelievable.

* at your workplace

* at your AP's workplace

* somewhere else?[/QUOTE]

The other thing I would be interested in and I guess this falls into the somewhere else category, but it seems like lots of A's also start among friends or groups of friends where couples do things together frequently (neighbors, kids are friends, kids go to school together or play sports together).

* at your workplace

* at your AP's workplace

* somewhere else?

No, on vacation.

* at your workplace

* at your AP's workplace

* somewhere else?

We worked at the same place, different departments, no reporting relationship (he was not my boss).

because of our work relationship (different companies) the time we spent together because of work was what fueled the A before it began. If not for our work relationship we would have been unlikely to meet.

We worked at the same place in '99/'00...he seemed to always be "there", where ever I was....we got laid off and he bugged my friend for my email...I shinned him on.

Got called back in '03, got put in the same shop, same project and almost burnt down the building together....after that were inseparable. Still are.

jennie-jennie

Highschool sweethearts. He found my email address with the help of internet and hoped it was me and not somebody else with the same name. It was! :love::love::love:

Did I get a shock seeing his name as the sender on an email after 31 years! He had this letter he had tried to send to me 26 years earlier but it was returned "Back to sender" since I had moved. He now sent it to me once again. :love::love::love:

Then he found another letter deep down in a box which he had written way back although he knew he had no address to send it to. How can you not love such a guy? You could make a movie of it! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Highschool sweethearts. He found my email address with the help of internet and hoped it was me and not somebody else with the same name. It was! :love::love::love:

Did I get a shock seeing his name as the sender on an email after 31 years! He had this letter he had tried to send to me 26 years earlier but it was returned "Back to sender" since I had moved. He now sent it to me once again. :love::love::love:

Then he found another letter deep down in a box which he had written way back although he knew he had no address to send it to. How can you not love such a guy? You could make a movie of it! :bunny::bunny::bunny:

This is way too cool!!!!!! This is the dream to end all dreams (I really don't know if this is the way this saying is supposed to be said...oh well, I mean no malice).

I tried to make this happen, with no luck :lmao:...wow too cool :D

• Author

* at your workplace

* at your AP's workplace

* somewhere else?

All of my As, IIRC, started in work-related settings, but only one was in an actual workplace (the MM's).

• Author

... it looks like with one exception (meeting on holiday), it was either in a work (or work-related) setting or online (with or without some RL connection behind that) where the A started.

I guess that's unsurprising, given the way society is organised these days. We spend most of our (waking) time at work, and with people encouraged to identify with their job (rather than just doing it) it's often a source of great personal investment. And, OTOH, the internet allows communication, networking and tracking on a scale unlike anything before...

... it looks like with one exception (meeting on holiday), it was either in a work (or work-related) setting or online (with or without some RL connection behind that) where the A started.

I guess that's unsurprising, given the way society is organised these days. We spend most of our (waking) time at work, and with people encouraged to identify with their job (rather than just doing it) it's often a source of great personal investment. And, OTOH, the internet allows communication, networking and tracking on a scale unlike anything before...

Just for the record, my MM worked with males only and could only find women outside of work. Some visited his workplace so that would be the only work-related meeting and one time only at that. And even that case turned out to be a LTA for him.