I'm still standing...

I'm still standing and am actually feeling quite proud and confident at the moment. For the past two weeks or so (basically after NYE) me and my MOW have been acting on a different level with each other. We barely speak online at the moment (unless its about work stuff that eats at us but we havent had an intimate conversation for the past two weeks) and we just get on with our job at work. Eventhough somehow we are spending a lot of time together at work (our seniors have put is together much more often, strangely enough where before all of this really kicked off we were seperated alot) it seems way more distant. This might now be because she is temporarily my team leader but I dont really mind.

I am going out with her Friday night but I have not felt the need to discuss this gig or whatever with her so far. By Thursday I will probably just ask when she picks me up (if I can't be bothered during shift I will text her when I get home) She will most likely ask me if we go out for a bite to eat before that. I'll say thats cool.

At the moment me and her are both going through a stressy time as we have both fallen out with a mutual friend at work over the weekend. But me and her are sticking side by side and she stuck up for me yesterday when I was talking myself down and blaming myself for what happened.

So we are communicating but almost only on a basic level. Though last night again she mentioned to me that most of the messages in her phone are mine (she wad deleting loads of others) and her husband is a prick and she doesnt love him. I didn't answer.

Me and my girlfriend are doing well though we did have a big row last week but we talked about that. Things are clear and bright at the moment. We have started our search for a new house again (local - and we have found one but it depends on several things now) but my girlfriend also applied for a job over a 100 miles away - which would mean that if she gets if we will be moving away from here. MW was quite supportive when I explained this whole job thing to her two weeks ago and even said she thinks that it is a great chance for the future. I personally believe that though it will be hard, it will be good.

She questioned me about it yesterday and I said my gf hadn't applied (she first said she would, then that she wouldn't and when I got home last night she said she had done it) and she appeared shocked and happy at the same time. Now I will go back this morning and tell her she has applied...

I am fine. I am good. I am really good. I am quite happy and have had some great times with my gf and my inlaws over the past two weeks. I am happy and I am smiling. I just want it to stay this way :laugh:

I too am glad things are going good for you! Hey I can't help myself, but I have to ask you about the "Teaming" thing....you used the term "Team Leader".

I am just curious if this is the same teaming concept that I had with my job that I am now retired from....without discussing proprietary information.

Our "teaming" concept was an indepth job.....in the past it was referred to as a leadman position and a leadmans position back then was to assign and assist....now a team leader meant something completely different, our interaction was mainly management and doing the teaming work, like process improvements, ect...

It was difficult for the crews to understand the transition so I had to assign and assist also....I can tell you that that is not an easy job....

• Author

I work in health care. Our team is divided in 3 smaller teams, consisting of 2 duo's (partnerships, shiftpartner) and a senior, aka teamleader. MW is under normal circumstances my shiftpartner, which means we are together every shift. But she is also acting teamleader when teamleader is off. Like now. She is on the floor constantly however so therefore around. I told her my gf applied for that job far away and she was somewhat shocked and hasnt mentioned it again.

• Author

The rest of my working day was actually hilarious. Me and her laughed, joked, teased and wound each other up like we hadn't done for weeks. She even asked me to go to the movies with her next week.. Part of me doesn't want to go but I don't wanna lose this friendship as well.

No intense conversations, apart from our thoughts and feelings over the falling out with our friend.

Its allright. We'll get there. :-)

• Author

@ Die Hard I just listened to it and it made me feel great!

I am going out with her tonight, to go see a band I like (she is going merely because I needed someone to go with). Thursday she asked if I would like to go see a movie with her at some stage next week. I actually quite like to go but I don't wanna lose myself in all of of this again.

For the past two or three days she has been coming close to me again after the two weeks I described in which we didn't do or say more than the basic.

She approached me on facebook/chat, been making jokes and laughing at work and constantly around me during the shift. God this is like freakin "push me - pull me" game and I am not a bloody doll! I am trying to stay positive and have got a lot going on in my own little life, as my gf and I are looking into buying a house (either here or further away - if she gets that job a 100 miles away) and we have been having a good time.

But yesterday after work I came home just drained and depressed because she had been around me all day, playing on my senses and winding me up with silly jokes and games and stuff. By the time I had eaten something I just went to bed. This morning she was straight back on me on facebook.

I am trying really hard not to let her get to me as she did before. I want her to be my friend but I don't wanna feel like I did before. My own relationship matters to much to me. I am getting married this year even. So it was easier when she was not around me as much, easier to feel better and stronger. Now I need to keep on doing that with her being around me more and trying to spend more time together. :confused: