Just Out of Curiosity

I would really like to know how you came upon your online names, what is the meaning behind them?

I would really like to know how you came upon your online names, what is the meaning behind them?

Mine means nothing really - it's just the happy side of me that gets out once in a while!

Well, I wanted a different online name then what I usually use. Because I found all sorts of different sites H has signed up for over the years and know his password that he typically uses when he's messing around and doesn't plan to actually use a site, I was able to see where he's been and if he's bothered setting something up or if he was just checking something out to see if it were worth it (most were set up during a time when we first started swinging, so it wasn't he was cheating, he told me about the ones worth looking into, and none had profiles or pictures on them, no mail nothing) but I was checking because the fact that he did cheat was such a huge shock to me because he doesn't have to cheat that I spent like three weeks in utter disbelief and searched everything. :o

So when I decided to come here and start posting, I use the private browser mode, and picked a new online name that I've never used before.

Now if he did stumble upon this site, which I doubt he would, I'm sure just my story would give me away. But he can't do a google search on my usual name and find me posting. Not that he would, but I don't want him finding out I know this way :o Yeah yeah the tangled webs we weave.

Now a days I keep doing it and when he comes in switch screens and exit out when he gets close to see etc because I'm seeing if I could pique his interest enough to try and figure out what I'm doing. :p Its silly really, but ah well I think I'm entitled.

Anywa long story for a short answer. I love cats. I identify with cats. I'm going to be getting a cat tattoo to represent me (its actually Bastet that I'm getting the Egyptian cat goddess)(me and our hopefully girlfriend are going tomorrow to talk to the tattoo person about how much and design and stuff I want it done before the cruise, H is encouraging me to do this because he knows how much I want it). The crazy because well, I have a crazy side that I've been rather open about here, and I wish that side were out more because I like it rather then the boring side of me which is often out. And lady because I am a lady right up until you piss me off. :D

And there you have it.

CCL

"doushenka" comes from a novel by Eva Ibbotson, A Countess Below Stairs; it's a Russian endearment meaning "little soul".

jennie-jennie

I was a member of a medical forum for several years. Then there was this major fallout which divided the forum in two. I went and visited another medical forum where my "opponents" hung out, and needed to sneak in there with an anonymous, common name. Thus Jennie. When I joined here, I figured I would get lost in the crowd with such a regular name, so I turned it into Jennie-Jennie instead.

Jennie is good at sneaking in where she is not wanted. LOL

Edited by jennie-jennie
LucreziaBorgia

I'm a bit like my screen name - lots of crazy stories and speculation, but most of what is passed around isn't true, and the stuff that is true no one would believe anyway. I never poisoned anyone though.

My real name is Sarah but my parents were at one point considering Zarah instead. Sarah is a very regular, common name and if I remember correctly there were 9 other Sarah's in my graduating class in high school!!! Zarah to me is exotic and different and it represents a different side of me - an alter ego - an edgier version. Sometimes it's nice to "reinvent" yourself ;)

MY HEAD FELT SCATTERD WHEN i WAS HAVING PROBLEMS MANY DEAFS IN FAMILY LOT OF CRISIS THEN MY HUSBAND FELT SCATTERD.

Mine is pretty easy to figure out huh? Just crazy in love with this guy.

So Pure, any insights behind yours? Please share!

My MM calls me his Angel. I told him once I didn't feel much like an angel, after finding out that he is still married, and me staying in the relationship with him despite it. He told me I am still an angel, that it was his fault and his lies that make me feel tarnished, that it is nothing that I have done, and that I shouldn't feel like a "fallen angel" because of his weaknesses.

That is when I took on that screen name.. I use it, because that is what i feel like, because being in this affair goes against what my morals tell me is the right thing to do, yet I feel that I am shaking my fist at God, for allowing me to fall so head over heels in love with a man, that God himself says I shouldn't love.

Yeah, yeah, I get that whole 'free will' thing, but it seems cruel that God would allow me to meet my soul mate, and not expect me to love him.. haven't I been tested enough?? I have accepted all the crappy, heartbreaking things that have happened in my life, I took it on faith that it was God's will, and it is not my place to know His will, but this test is just too hard for me... and I broke and continue to break his commandment in this case... I feel fallen away from My God because of it... :(

• Author
Mine means nothing really - it's just the happy side of me that gets out once in a while!

How cool, I love to be happy! Also have wondered what most people names mean to them, sure some are obvious, although some you know there has to be a story...lol

• Author
Well, I wanted a different online name then what I usually use. Because I found all sorts of different sites H has signed up for over the years and know his password that he typically uses when he's messing around and doesn't plan to actually use a site, I was able to see where he's been and if he's bothered setting something up or if he was just checking something out to see if it were worth it (most were set up during a time when we first started swinging, so it wasn't he was cheating, he told me about the ones worth looking into, and none had profiles or pictures on them, no mail nothing) but I was checking because the fact that he did cheat was such a huge shock to me because he doesn't have to cheat that I spent like three weeks in utter disbelief and searched everything. :o

So when I decided to come here and start posting, I use the private browser mode, and picked a new online name that I've never used before.

Now if he did stumble upon this site, which I doubt he would, I'm sure just my story would give me away. But he can't do a google search on my usual name and find me posting. Not that he would, but I don't want him finding out I know this way :o Yeah yeah the tangled webs we weave.

Now a days I keep doing it and when he comes in switch screens and exit out when he gets close to see etc because I'm seeing if I could pique his interest enough to try and figure out what I'm doing. :p Its silly really, but ah well I think I'm entitled.

Anywa long story for a short answer. I love cats. I identify with cats. I'm going to be getting a cat tattoo to represent me (its actually Bastet that I'm getting the Egyptian cat goddess)(me and our hopefully girlfriend are going tomorrow to talk to the tattoo person about how much and design and stuff I want it done before the cruise, H is encouraging me to do this because he knows how much I want it). The crazy because well, I have a crazy side that I've been rather open about here, and I wish that side were out more because I like it rather then the boring side of me which is often out. And lady because I am a lady right up until you piss me off. :D

And there you have it.

CCL

You crack me up, even in your serious postings, one can still see the fun side. The bold is what I was concerned about, because I stumbled on this site too, and there is a lot of detail in my stories. I'm sure some in my town have figured it out...big town, small world ya know!

Hey have a good time on your cruise...I bet you are way cool to party with (never could quite break away from that...love to party sobor or not sober, makes no difference to me, just love parties)

• Author
"doushenka" comes from a novel by Eva Ibbotson, A Countess Below Stairs; it's a Russian endearment meaning "little soul".

AHHHHHH how cool, I'll have to read that book, love to read...I realise this is not the same, but your on line name remeinded me of the term donkashane...that mostlikely is not the correct spelling, I need to install the spell check from this site, and started to do it 3 years ago....I am a bit slow..lol...

• Author
I was a member of a medical forum for several years. Then there was this major fallout which divided the forum in two. I went and visited another medical forum where my "opponents" hung out, and needed to sneak in there with an anonymous, common name. Thus Jennie. When I joined here, I figured I would get lost in the crowd with such a regular name, so I turned it into Jennie-Jennie instead.

Jennie is good at sneaking in where she is not wanted. LOL

Wow, division in a forum, it must have been bad...are you a medical person? My daughter is, that is why I ask...also was it a forum for med personnel only? Man that must have been a really bad fallout because you don't fight with anyone....

This is so cool, I have always wondered, although never thought to ask.

I realise this is not the same, but your on line name remeinded me of the term donkashane

If you mean "thank you" in German, say it with me: "Danke schön, darling, danke schön..." Just like in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". :)

• Author
I'm a bit like my screen name - lots of crazy stories and speculation, but most of what is passed around isn't true, and the stuff that is true no one would believe anyway. I never poisoned anyone though.

The problem with me, it is all true! All kidding aside LB, you have given great advice, man I went through some hard times back then.

I tell my friend when he acts up and we are around town....we like to frequent the thrift shops (we have a problem and need a support group) that he will come up missing if he isn't quiet....we actually are a comedy team...

I think he is a hoarder....

• Author
My real name is Sarah but my parents were at one point considering Zarah instead. Sarah is a very regular, common name and if I remember correctly there were 9 other Sarah's in my graduating class in high school!!! Zarah to me is exotic and different and it represents a different side of me - an alter ego - an edgier version. Sometimes it's nice to "reinvent" yourself ;)

I was gonna comment on your name, but something told me not to, meaning I was thinking it might not be your birth name....I love the name Sarah and Zarah is exotic, I've never heard it before and just loved it....hey name your first little girl Zarah.

LOL, I was reinvented, a lot....first my birth name was Michelle (so I named my daughter Michelle), I was adopted shortly after birth and was named Kathleen (that is where pureinheart comes from), my dad insisted that my middle name start with a C so the initials were KC...Casey, and that is what my family called me....I hated being different so when starting school went to Kathleen...yep reinvented....lol....I still am not sure who I am lol

• Author
If you mean "thank you" in German, say it with me: "Danke schön, darling, danke schön..." Just like in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". :)

Thanks....see....yep...:D

• Author
MY HEAD FELT SCATTERD WHEN i WAS HAVING PROBLEMS MANY DEAFS IN FAMILY LOT OF CRISIS THEN MY HUSBAND FELT SCATTERD.

AWWWW, I am so sorry...my family feels scattred too...most of them are locked up...one family member prays for them all of the time and I spoke no more incarceration, but to no avail. I miss them all so terribly.

My head seems to feel scattred a lot too, both me and my friend run around not knowing what we are doing most of the time, you know just overwhelmed, but it will work out for all of us.

I hope your hubby is ok ....

• Author
Mine is pretty easy to figure out huh? Just crazy in love with this guy.

So Pure, any insights behind yours? Please share!

Yep, I hear that one!

It's the meaning of my name Kathleen (Kathy)....just in case, didn't want the stumble on with the info in the posts....soooo. I don't ever want him to see what I wrote because much of it was anger, and ya I had a right to that, yet i wouldn't want to hurt him like that...I mean I have said all of this stuff to his face and family, but still, you know.

jennie-jennie
Wow, division in a forum, it must have been bad...are you a medical person? My daughter is, that is why I ask...also was it a forum for med personnel only? Man that must have been a really bad fallout because you don't fight with anyone....

This is so cool, I have always wondered, although never thought to ask.

No, I went on a very long term, difficult treatment for a hard-to-cure disease. To get through the treatment patients support each other and also research cutting-edge ways to tweak the treatment. So a lot of medical discussions but also support. I got cured! :D

And the division of the forum was really bad - personal threats and all. :( Luckily the worst offender got banned. But kind of sad also, because he used to be my friend until a woman came into the picture! :eek:

Now I have gone from researching medicine to researching affairs! Just my personality - I want to know as much as possible about the things that are going on in my life.

Edited by jennie-jennie

Pure - I took myself seriously for too many years for far too long. H kept wishing I would have an affair so I would loosen the f*** up and be fun again. Took a big row about 6 or so years ago to break me out of that trend, and until about 2 years before before I really started feeling that side of me again. I use to be like this all the time, then I got serious because I thought grownups were, and wow I was unhappy then. Now I see laughter is better, the more serious the more we need to laugh.

Other then my H finding out or possible the OW, I don't care who knows. I was very open about my unhappiness when I discovered it with all my friends. Oddly enough my friends are taking my lead in things and are not behaving funny with H, they totally understand me and get me. I have been blessed with our last move to have gained such a wonderful group of friends. :D They are the best. But not a one of them gets it this, so I post here now.

And this isn't the type of thing H would even stumble upon unless it shows up on fark or something. If he finds it, he should get a cookie :laugh:.

I'm cruising with my two sisters (one of whom is the OW :confused:) but we usually have a great time partying together. And yeah I usually am a lot of fun partying. Last time I got together with my sisters, the security was called (family wedding, we are a rowdy group) and my sisters and I spent like an hour flirting with the security officer so he wouldn't break up our after hours pool party (the groom and others are tossed into the pool during the rehersal dinner, its a family tradition). Oh man we had so much fun. Well until a few hours later and they found me passed out in the elevator unable to get out because I didn't have my key card (well that and I was totally drunk). I hurt the next day but it was fun. :o:laugh:

I have enjoyed learning everyone's name and why.

Jennie - why am I not suprised you were involved in an online scuffle :laugh: I so totally dig that. I have gotten that way on a few things over the years. And you don't seem to take yourself too seriously, but you sure feel strongly on your position and will share it no matter what. I like that.

CCL