25 years

I just stumbled onto "LoveShack" and read posts for an hour. I started crying like I have not cried in many years. I didn't cry because I'm going to miss her (which I'm sure I will), but I cried because I feel so sorry that I have spent so many years of my life in vain. It 's not her fault. It's mine. I could have walked away at any time, but I didn't. I've know for many years she was not going to leave him, but I kept hanging on, year after year. I don't know why I kept it going. I thought I was in love. I suppose I should have been more in love with myself. This site has in a very few minutes helped me face the truth and with that my future.

Hello jenman,

Hope you are feeling better. (((Big Hugs)))

It is painful to realize that we give more of ourselves to another than we can afford to lose. Especially all the time that we can never get back.

However, given how we feel about these MM/MW, if someone would've told us all the things we read about here on LS, I don't know at the time, it would've necessarily changed the outcome.

I just try to believe that when we do finally learn from our choices, that, there is something better in our future.

BlueeyedJonesy

Welcome to loveshack. The members here will start to feel like family. I know I'm addicted so watch out..lol I hope that time heals your pain. Its very heartbreaking to find out the person you loved more than anything is nothing like you thought they were.

I just stumbled onto "LoveShack" and read posts for an hour. I started crying like I have not cried in many years. I didn't cry because I'm going to miss her (which I'm sure I will), but I cried because I feel so sorry that I have spent so many years of my life in vain. It 's not her fault. It's mine. I could have walked away at any time, but I didn't. I've know for many years she was not going to leave him, but I kept hanging on, year after year. I don't know why I kept it going. I thought I was in love. I suppose I should have been more in love with myself. This site has in a very few minutes helped me face the truth and with that my future.

OMG....my heart goes out to you....wow...please while your going through this hang with us...there are so many caring people on this site.

For me, I am not sure what I was in love with...the idea? The fantacy, who knows. I am re-thinking my life for me now.

You may have wasted some time, but you will get it back, that I can promise...just try not to beat yourself up, healing is the key now.

• Author

Thank you the support. My story is like most of the others on this site. The only difference is my affair lasted so long. I know I have finally crossed the most important hurdle. That of recognizing the truth. The healing will take time. I am now dating other women. It is so refreshing. I feel alive again. Too soon old, too late smart (unknown author).

Thank you the support. My story is like most of the others on this site. The only difference is my affair lasted so long. I know I have finally crossed the most important hurdle. That of recognizing the truth. The healing will take time. I am now dating other women. It is so refreshing. I feel alive again. Too soon old, too late smart (unknown author).

LOL...Hey, we are not getting older, we are getting better....I refuse to get old, no way!

My soon to be 30yr old kid said, man I hope I look as good and do as good as mom in 20 yrs...lol....I have been through hell and back, it is a miracle that I don't look 100.

I am glad you are dating and feel alive again....the vitality will return as much has been stolen from you....and if this applies cool:

Shortly after 9/11 I had been through hell and back and it showed, I looked in the mirror (and have before and after pictures to prove it) and thought omg I have aged....God told me He was gonna restore me and that I would be better than before....in about 1 yr this all took place and no lie I looked great.

Well here I am again....same thing looking in the mirror (everyone else says they don't see any change) the omg thing again....well God has told me this again....and I believe it this time because it happened before!

It's all good and stay encouraged!~

Jenman,

I am so sorry you struggled with this pain for 25 years. I'm glad you found LS. How did you find this site?

I'm glad you're dating, good luck with everything.

The POSITIVE is that you realize the time you have wasted and have made the decision to NOT waste anymore time!!