Has it ever stayed non-physical?

For those who have been in or are in an EA. has it ever stayed this way (intentionally, even though you both wanted more but because of the situation, decided not to go any further...)?

WhereToGoFromHere

Yes, 1 1/2 year long EA with no PA. We both decided that since we were already in M's that we wouldn't do that until we reached the decision to end our M's. We never reached that decision so it never went any further.

• Author

BBO7, are you talking about nothing physical at ALL or sex? I've been in an EA for about 6 months now and we've been holding off (we're both married), primarily for all the reasons you mentioned. We can both see ourselves with each other in the future and he has complete respect for me, as I do for him. We talk about taking it to another level all the time and it's tough, and I hope we can continue to keep it non-physical until both of us are ready to make some (huge) decisions..

Yes, and the circumstances were either one or both being in marriages/committed relationships. Time elapsed: 25 years, 9 months.

It might have been a quarter century mind-f*ck, but I'd like to believe it was more than that. One never knows, though. Life goes on :)

• Author

We did have some physical contact as well but no sex and I know this would complicate things even more. It took a lot of willpower to hold back but we did and have continued to do so. I am happy that it worked out for you, even if it was later down the road.

I bet that is one heck of a story! :cool:

The older part of the story is in my LS journals. Some of the newer parts exist in anecdotal journals and my postings. Truth told, if I hadn't gone to MC with my stbx, I'd likely still be embroiled in that milieu, hence why I often recommend MC and/or IC to people. It can help, IME.