What happened to Mr Right - the author - ha ha - was he a troll?

moaningmyrtle

I was busy responding to somebody on that thread (when it disappeared!) who asked me why I post to this forum. I'd already answered a similar question by Jennie.

I just happened to save my answer so here it is anyway.

I suppose I am trying to make sense of it all. Sometimes it does cause additional pain especially when I see yet another traumatised wife (usually in the Infidelity board) , or an uncaring/spiteful OW (more likely on this board but sometimes on Infidelity) or a defensive MM (as we had recently).

But these days it contributes to my healing especially as the "spiteful OW" type (and I'm not suggesting all OW are like this) no longer seems to have the power to hurt me as before. I am now much stronger and partly it is from being here.

Surprisingly there are posts by OW and MM where I really do have sympathy for them and these sorts of posters help me understand my own WH and his OW. While I know what they did was a terrible thing for me, I do know that their prime motivation was not to hurt me and that they were both very remorseful afterwards. I also know my H is a reasonable person, after all he is the same person I married.

Edited by moaningmyrtle
jennie-jennie

I figure you count me in among the "uncaring/spiteful" OW? That is too bad in that case. Unapologetic is not the same as uncaring/spiteful.

Not being remorseful does not mean you are uncaring. It means you do not consider what you did to be wrong and therefore you feel no remorse.

Just because my moral differs from yours does not mean that I am uncaring and spiteful. It might seem so in yours and other people's eyes, but it is not so. It is a lack of understanding from your part that others might view the world differently and still be good people.

jennie-jennie

About Mr Right - someone must have reported the thread. It most likely broke some of LS' rules. Too bad, it was an interesting discussion.

Mr Right might very well have gotten banned because of that thread. We will see.

I was busy responding to somebody on that thread (when it disappeared!) who asked me why I post to this forum. I'd already answered a similar question by Jennie.

I just happened to save my answer so here it is anyway.

I suppose I am trying to make sense of it all. Sometimes it does cause additional pain especially when I see yet another traumatised wife (usually in the Infidelity board) , or an uncaring/spiteful OW (more likely on this board but sometimes on Infidelity) or a defensive MM (as we had recently).

But these days it contributes to my healing especially as the "spiteful OW" type (and I'm not suggesting all OW are like this) no longer seems to have the power to hurt me as before. I am now much stronger and partly it is from being here.

Surprisingly there are posts by OW and MM where I really do have sympathy for them and these sorts of posters help me understand my own WH and his OW. While I know what they did was a terrible thing for me, I do know that their prime motivation was not to hurt me and that they were both very remorseful afterwards. I also know my H is a reasonable person, after all he is the same person I married.

MM,

I don't think you have to explain why you post here or read this forum.

I think most posters supply something meaningful to each thread. I have learned quite a bit and it has helped me with MY healing process within myself for my actions many years ago.

As long as people follow the rules, I think anyone is allowed to post to any forum.

• Author
moaningmyrtle
I figure you count me in among the "uncaring/spiteful" OW? That is too bad in that case. Unapologetic is not the same as uncaring/spiteful.

Not being remorseful does not mean you are uncaring. It means you do not consider what you did to be wrong and therefore you feel no remorse.

Just because my moral differs from yours does not mean that I am uncaring and spiteful. It might seem so in yours and other people's eyes, but it is not so. It is a lack of understanding from your part that others might view the world differently and still be good people.

I should have said "uncaring or spiteful" as they are not the same.

My original remark was not directed at you Jennie.

Edited by moaningmyrtle
jennie-jennie
I should have said "uncaring or spiteful" as they are not the same.

My original remark was not directed at you Jennie.

Thanks, Myrtle, for clarifying that. I thought if anyone stood out here it would be me. :)

jennie-jennie

Myrtle, it is too bad your post in reply to me in the other thread got lost. I think your answer there about your motivation is very valid: to want to participate in the discussion rather than persuading anyone to end their affair.

I actually do think the discussion becomes more vivid because of the mixed population here on LS. But I don't care for the persuassion and the one-sidedness with which many try to convince OW to end their affairs.

This forum should be a safe and supportive place even for the OW/OM who want to stay in the affair.

i wonder if they banned him or just deleted the thread. maybe he'll pop up with a new username today.

i was prompting him a bit to see if i spotted any troll tendencies... nothing showed - he seemed quite nice and respectful even when i pushed him a bit.

hope he returns, he had an interesting back round that we could find value from his experience and perspective.

aahhhh, looks like they deleted his username... i know he posted a link referencing his email address, that's a big no no here.

Edited by 2sunny
jennie-jennie

I thought he was interesting too. He was the Unapologetic Married Man and yet not a cakeeater since the affair was out in the open and both women agreed to it.

Can a person that has started a thread delete the entire thread? If so that would be disrespectful to the people who reply. If there were "rules" broken, what were they? Why would it be wrong to ask people for their stories?

Can a person that has started a thread delete the entire thread? If so that would be disrespectful to the people who reply. If there were "rules" broken, what were they? Why would it be wrong to ask people for their stories?

only mods delete the threads. i did see where he posted a reference to an email address... big no no here - giving out personal info.

Ah, crud, I think it's my fault. I encouraged him to find me for job purposes. Went back, read the rules... yeeeeeeah, that would be a no-no. I'm sorry, guys.

• Author
moaningmyrtle
what does TFB mean?

Well one meaning is "too f...ing bad". Which sounds somewhat hostile for such a nice guy as Half. Hopefully there's a more benign meaning as well which Half Nice Guy can elaborate on.

White Flower
of course he was a troll

I was going to be the first to post and then decided it wasn't worth my time. I was going to say, 'Do you think we're all going to fall for it?'

It could very well have been a BS who just wanted general email addy's and locations of an OW they believe to have a story that would fit their own.

White Flower
Mr_Right still exists

Half has a thread running on his propensity to be an OM with married women

Based on what I read in the deleted thread, IMO not the same person or perhaps same person, different trolling iteration.

Carry on....

Anyone else having trouble clicking on pages 2 and 3 on the link provided? I reported it to the mods.

• Author
moaningmyrtle
I was going to be the first to post and then decided it wasn't worth my time. I was going to say, 'Do you think we're all going to fall for it?'

It could very well have been a BS who just wanted general email addy's and locations of an OW they believe to have a story that would fit their own.

Err... is it my imagination or has Half's thread gone as well?

Whatever next I wonder?

Err... is it my imagination or has Half's thread gone as well?

Whatever next I wonder?

yes, it is gone.....but why though? Did he say anything to cause his thread to be taken down?

• Author
moaningmyrtle
yes, it is gone.....but why though? Did he say anything to cause his thread to be taken done?

My guess is somebody reported him to the mods. [not me I was enjoying the diversion :D]

Presumably the mods know something we don't and decided to delete his thread and apparently all/some of his posts.

My guess is somebody reported him to the mods. [not me I was enjoying the diversion :D]

Presumably the mods know something we don't and decided to delete his thread and apparently all/some of his posts.

Too bad, it was interesting....