MM, X-mas, & New Year's

whatever_nevermind

whatever_nevermind

MM, X-mas, & New Year's

I'm just curious... If you're an OW/OM, did you spend christmas and/or new year's eve with your MM/MW?

If not, was it a one-sided decision or did you each plan to spend it with your own friends/family?

If so, how was the MM/MW able to be absent on such important family/SO related holidays?

The first year of my Affair, we spent Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve/Day together.

The second year -- we spent none of it together as he was out of town with his wife (after lying to me and saying he needed time to figure out his life).

crystal_lostheart
The first year of my Affair, we spent Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Years Eve/Day together.

The second year -- we spent none of it together as he was out of town with his wife (after lying to me and saying he needed time to figure out his life).

How did he get away with the first year w/o W suspecting?

I spent 'some time' with MM on these occasions, except NYE... that was hard last year but not as bad this year.

Crystal, he was living in his own apartment - separated from his wife. We started dating in August, he moved into his own place in October and lived there for a year. He moved back into the marital home September the following year. The affair ended the following June.

This was MANY years ago. I have been married now for almost 12 years :love:

Fallen Angel

I spent Christmas Eve's Eve with him... not Christmas Eve or Christmas itself, but he called me, and talked online with me both days. As for New Years Eve, I had discussed with him that I would be busy. I was, but I was online playing a game that he and I play "together" at about 11:30. He did not know I was there, and he was there asking if anyone had seen me. I was still visiting with my friend, and so did not give him my attention, as I didn't want to be rude to my host. At Midnight, he commented my page with a "Happy New Year" and stated that he hoped I was having a nice time. At about one am, I thanked him for his well wishes, and he asked if he could call. I could see by his posts in the games chat board that he had been online the whole time, apparently waiting for me, worried because he did not know where I was going, with whom, or when/how I would get home. I thought it was rather sweet... and since the game posts time stamps with each comment left.. I know that at midnight he was thinking of me, instead of kissing in the New Year with his W.

(And yes, I know I will get a bit beat up with comments about how "he wasn't with" me.. he was at home etc etc.. but again, I TOLD HIM, I HAD OTHER PLANS... he was planning on using work as an excuse to come to me... but I told him I had already made plans that did not include him... and as much as people will be upset at me for voicing it.. YES, I AM glad he spent the 'magic moment of midnight' pining for me, wondering where I was, and what I was doing etc. rather than kissing his wife.. I love him, how could I NOT be glad about that? :o )

I spent about 4hrs on Christmas night and New Year’s Eve (11p-5a) with my MM. He told his W he had to work, which was true, but lied about the hours he was working. For Christmas, he came to my house with a bunch of gifts (unexpected and really sweet) and stayed until about 9p before going home to his family. New Year’s Eve we both had other plans. He was supposed to join his W and kids at a relative’s place after work and I was staying overnight at a friend’s house after a party. We tried to figure out a way to see each other, but there wasn’t anytime between our plans. Then early evening he called to say that he’d told his W he had another assignment and it would keep him from coming to the party. Since it’s not uncommon for him to work all day (even holidays sometimes) his W “accepted” it (he told me he didn’t want to go anyway). I first told him that it was too late of a notice and I would try to spend some time with him (his W and kids were staying at the relative’s house) but it wouldn’t be until after midnight and I could not say how long after midnight it would be. But around 9p I called and told him I did want to ring the new year in with him. So I left the party around 11 and we spent the evening together. MM and I have never spent either holiday together. We usually see each other the day before or the day after. I’m usually doing my own thing and assume he would be doing the family thing. It’s never been important for me to spend any holiday with him, but because he CHOSE and wanted to spend them with me instead of his W, I was so totally flattered and got such an arrogant satisfaction that there wasn’t a way I wouldn’t give that time to him.

MM, X-mas, & New Year's

I'm just curious... If you're an OW/OM, did you spend christmas and/or new year's eve with your MM/MW?

If not, was it a one-sided decision or did you each plan to spend it with your own friends/family?

If so, how was the MM/MW able to be absent on such important family/SO related holidays?

In the past, it would depend on where we both were at the time. If we were both in the same country at the same time, we'd spend those holidays together; otherwise he'd spend them with his family (parents, siblings, and his kids - excluding his then-W) and I'd spend them with my family and friends. They're not a big deal in my life, but I usually try to make some effort for the kids. If we weren't physically together, we'd spend some time together online, connecting.

Last year, we hosted the family christmas for his family, which worked really well. He'd always wanted to (but couldn't because no one would want to stay over at his place, because of the then-W) and so it was a big deal for him. This year, we were in his former marital home (the D having since gone through, and his xW having moved out) and so it was his first hosting of a family christmas here - what he'd always always wanted, and a white christmas to boot. The xW tried to spoil things by trying to guilt-trip the kids into spending the day with her (so she wouldn't be all on her own...) but that didn't work, so they were here, and one of my kids was out visiting too, so we had a massive family christmas with everyone.

We spent Xmas together. He spend new year with his son.

He said he wasn't feeling well. Actually I have no clue how the hell he managed to get out of it. he told me he didn't really spend the day with his family. He was very tired. I think his family went around another families house and had xmas there. He was too 'ill' to join them :p

We spent Christmas Eve night together, saw each other Christmas night and went away for New Years.

Last year I saw him Christmas Eve and then we went away for New Years.