Just sex??

Has anyone been involved with a MM or MW sexually, but never developed feelings for them or not want a relationship with them?

Yes, many times.

But it's not infallible.

I posted about Oxytocin but it got deleted because of the link I used.

It's released when you get physical with someone and makes you think you're in love. Google it.

So, whether you want or not, you'll probably fall in love.

outofthedark
Has anyone been involved with a MM or MW sexually, but never developed feelings for them or not want a relationship with them?

Just sex, twice a month. Lets explore each others freak side. All the positions, all the exploration, hot deep penetration.. lots of oral. Uninhibited raw sex. Yep, that was all that I wanted. I wanted a GREAT fk buddy that would NOT interfere with my life.

We fell in love... sigh. Yep.. great sex led to that. Didnt want it, got it.

I think this is much easier for guys to do. I also think it's much easier for them to not fall in love in the long run.

Oxytocin requires estrogen to work.

I always thought the Samantha character on Sex and the City was so unrealistic.

Most women really cant fk everything that moves without developing feelings.

LucreziaBorgia

Most of my experiences were like that. It was rare for me to develop genuinely romantic feelings. Mostly it was either affection or just outright lust.

Yes I did.. many times.. and I still am involved with many MMs just for sex.. no commitment..

I’ve being seeing my MM for years and don’t have any feelings or want for a R. Sometimes I think am I sure I don’t or am I trying to convince myself. But no, I’m sure. The last thing I would want is for him to D because then I think he’d assume he and I are a couple, which I in no way want. But I don’t think I’m capable of falling for any MM. If I’m interested in a guy and approach him (not knowing he’s MM) and find out he is M, like a switch, any romantic potential for the R is gone. I have no problem with a PA with a MM, but an EA is absolutely off-limits and out of the question. I couldn’t accept feeling like I was sharing my man.

I read something recently that said women in their late 40's start losing estrogen and gaining testosterone, which makes them more aggressive and sort of explains the "cougar" thing (though it's always been around).

As for OP

It's pretty impossible to never develop feelings, for either party. The BIGGEST difference is men (for the most part) CONTROL their emotions, think logically & act rationally. Women tend to react emotionally. If you can control your emotions, you may be able to do it.

That must be a cultural difference. I always thought Samantha was the only one who was remotely like a real woman - the others were just hideous caricatures dreamed up by some misogynist screenwriter.

I read something recently that said women in their late 40's start losing estrogen and gaining testosterone, which makes them more aggressive and sort of explains the "cougar" thing (though it's always been around).

It's supposed to be from mid-30s onward - which is when women's sexuality peaks.

TBH, I've kind of had the reverse. I had none of that oestrogen thing until my 40s - before it was just rampant lust! Lots of phenylethylamide, great sex, tons of passion... but none of that oxytocin-need to cuddle crap! That nasty surprise was waiting for me to hit 40... :rolleyes:

(Still have the crash hot sex, the passion, the lust... but now we cuddle afterward too :love: and I don't kick him out of bed as soon as I've gotten my rocks off)

That must be a cultural difference. I always thought Samantha was the only one who was remotely like a real woman - the others were just hideous caricatures dreamed up by some misogynist screenwriter.

lol Samantha was like a dude in drag... the character behaved like a homosexual man. Very atypical woman.

I wonder how many girls and young women watched her and aspired to be like her. (and wondered why they couldn't enjoy swinging casual sex without those annoying mushy feelings popping up..)

These hormonal differences make sense in an evolutionary sense. It makes sense for women to want to bond while men are ready to move on to the next.

(but of course we can choose to go against our biology and evolution - men CAN be faithful)

Well, I'm 47 & want the sex. It's like my body's last hurrah or something?? The OM is perfect in every way for this, he's 10 years younger.

As for developing feelings....I do have feelings for him. I care about him a lot, and I want him to be happy. Those were there before we started though, or I wouldn't have been attracted to him. If I feel too close, I push away for awhile. This is my first (and last) A though. I can't seem to get out of it!!! There's a book called, "The Brain in Love" that's helped me deal with a lot of my feelings. If I was younger, I would be totally in love. My age helps me focus on reality.

• Author

thanks for sharing everyone. so far that's all it is for me and the MM i see. I want nothing more. I don't want to break up his M or my relationship. I just always think a R between us wouldnt even work out- especially since i know what he's doin with me on the side. i worked with him for almost 2 years- i know how he is. it's all out of lust ;)