This is it for Stampdaddy

Well, I have made it, and I have made a decision, nothing dramatic, just one for ME. I have decided that my New Year's resolution (one of the many) is to NEVER step foot into the OM/OW section again. EVER

Now, it's no offense to the section, but I have had my time, BOTH as a OM and as someone that can help others. My story is there, and it gets referred to enough that I don't need to add any more drama to my already trampled heart and soul. It hurts to see others on the same path that I and so many others couldnt get off. I have learned that it doesnt matter what we say, LOVE won't allow us to "see the light" of what we already know, THAT BEING AN OM/OW SUCKS!

Again, this is not a dramatic move, it's just a smart one, for me. I will be around other sites, and I find more SANITY for Stampdaddy talking about food, jokes, and of course, good 'ol fashioned Anal Sex! (just kidding)

So, as of 2010, I will bid this section Adieu! So catch me while you can, if you are looking for sound and solid advice of being an OM.....

God Bless (moderators, am I allowed to say that?)

PS - I won't be like The Eagles or Brett Farve and have countless numbers of "Comeback Tours or coming out of retirements"

Edited by stampdaddy

Stampdaddy,

I smiled reading your New Years Resolution. I've made my resolution to never be inappropriatly involved with a commited person.

I won't say that I will never post on the ow/om discussions, though. In fact reading the posts here, actually just serves as a reminder, as to why I will never become involved with a mm again.

I wish you peace, now and in the future Stampdaddy.

phoenixrising

Hi SD...

Though I haven't contributed much in the way of writing, I have followed your story (and others) closely, and applaud the decisions you have made. This is a new day, a new era, and I am considering moving away from this forum myself. In fact, as a point of "closure" with my xMM I wrote a goodbye e-mail this morning... and actually hit send! My xMM and I had been "x" for about a year, however as we were still working together I could not go complete NC (and you all know what that means...). But I did take steps over the past year, based on the advice of SO MANY regular posters, to get to a point where I could say "no more contact"!!!! and I did that today. I couldn't have done it without reading all of your replies - Lakeside, Stamp, JJ, NID, GEL, Owl, OW, LB, Devil, Lizzie, Heartbroken, Chrome, Old Europe... I simply can't name all of you but you all helped me to have the strength to gain back my freedom, and my respect for myself.

Thanks to all of you there is a new life waiting for me... starting now.

mybrowneyedgirl

Wow. I'm a little saddened by reading this but at the same time overjoyed for you. You are always someone that I willingly seek advice from, while at the same time you have this amazing ability to provide a much needed laugh and pick me up.

I have always valued your posts, insight, advice. Ive gained strength from reading your story. But most important, I now have a new goal. That someday after all this has passed I hope and dream that I may have the courage and strength to move on past this board as well.

Good luck to you and I'm so proud and happy that you have recovered so well. Thanks again for all you have given to all of us.

Hi SD...

Though I haven't contributed much in the way of writing, I have followed your story (and others) closely, and applaud the decisions you have made. This is a new day, a new era, and I am considering moving away from this forum myself. In fact, as a point of "closure" with my xMM I wrote a goodbye e-mail this morning... and actually hit send! My xMM and I had been "x" for about a year, however as we were still working together I could not go complete NC (and you all know what that means...). But I did take steps over the past year, based on the advice of SO MANY regular posters, to get to a point where I could say "no more contact"!!!! and I did that today. I couldn't have done it without reading all of your replies - Lakeside, Stamp, JJ, NID, GEL, Owl, OW, LB, Devil, Lizzie, Heartbroken, Chrome, Old Europe... I simply can't name all of you but you all helped me to have the strength to gain back my freedom, and my respect for myself.

Thanks to all of you there is a new life waiting for me... starting now.

Good luck Phoenix!!!

PS - I won't be like The Eagles or Brett Farve and have countless numbers of "Comeback Tours or coming out of retirements"

Hasn't Favre said that before? :)

And...he's actually doing WELL post retirement number...whatever.

Sorry to see you go...keep in touch my friend...

It has been a journey eh? I have to say SD has been a very good friend to me in our very similar situations. Go and live your life Stampdaddy you are a great person. You've earned your stripes that's for sure. I will miss your charm and humor.

Good luck with everything and may you have a prosperous New Year....

• Author

gosh, thanks so much for all of the kind words, they mean ALOT!

But again, I am not leaving the Shack, just this particular section.. You can always reach me by PM if you want to say "HI" or go snoop me out at the Water Cooler.

My goal is to enter into other sections, like RELATIONSHIPS and then FAMILY as I move forward with my life this year. I will NOT (repeat), I will NOT be stuck in this shi*tty hell hole anymore.... Anybody else want to come along??

so, just like that little black kid on the E Trade commercials sings:

"Take, these broken wings, and learn to fly again......."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhfl4mFH1No&feature=related

I think this is a good move for you. I noticed that I find myself not wanting to talk about it anymore either. I saw a post this morning that I almost commented on and then I thought, "If I answer, that means that I will have to talk about this one more time." I didn't post anything. As you say, it is pretty clear cut - being the OM/OW is the worst of the worst. I got out and I'm staying out.

There does come a point when it's necessary to stop focusing on the affair topic because it just keeps it alive.

*nods approvingly*

I think you reached the next level, my dear friend ...

Agreed!

This forum sucks you back into the neverending drama triangle of an affair. Get out!

Hey SD, you will be missed my friend but I am happy for you. You can move on and that gives me hope.

I'm sure I will be PM ing you for your words of wisdom and for the kick up the ass when I need them.

xx

• Author
Aw Stampy, I'll miss ya. But I will stalk you over at the Watercooler.:p

TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! help me!

Stampdaddy,

In the past few days I have read your posts and I thank you for the honesty and humor. I, like you, choose to stop coming to the LS forum, it really is not conducive to the peace I so value. But there is obviously something that I value here, and I feel it is the honesty of the people, the directness, and the humor.

One thing I wanted to tell you is that the same way you feel like 5 years have been taken from you, and the same way you grieve and may grieve for many more years, know that there is a way out of this pain. You don't have to live with any pain, period. Stop punishing yourself and feeling guilty, let it go. And because I know that may sound easier said rather than done, I wanted to tell you about a book, I have a feeling you will enjoy its humor. It's called The Disappearance of the Universe by Renard. Awesome book, it will crack you up. Go to a book store and check it out. I am continually amazed at how awesome it is, it smacks me upside the head, and helps me reach true forgiveness for myself and everyone else so I can live in peace.

I wish that for you and for all the people in this forum.

• Author
Stampdaddy,

In the past few days I have read your posts and I thank you for the honesty and humor. I, like you, choose to stop coming to the LS forum, it really is not conducive to the peace I so value. But there is obviously something that I value here, and I feel it is the honesty of the people, the directness, and the humor.

One thing I wanted to tell you is that the same way you feel like 5 years have been taken from you, and the same way you grieve and may grieve for many more years, know that there is a way out of this pain. You don't have to live with any pain, period. Stop punishing yourself and feeling guilty, let it go. And because I know that may sound easier said rather than done, I wanted to tell you about a book, I have a feeling you will enjoy its humor. It's called The Disappearance of the Universe by Renard. Awesome book, it will crack you up. Go to a book store and check it out. I am continually amazed at how awesome it is, it smacks me upside the head, and helps me reach true forgiveness for myself and everyone else so I can live in peace.

I wish that for you and for all the people in this forum.

Thank you VERY much, and yes, I will check out the book....

So does this resolution begin on Jan 1 or did it begin when you posted this thread? :confused:

Since you started this one, you started another one in this forum.

I am confused. I am guessing that you will quit posting here on Jan 1.

And out of curiosity, does posting here keep the affair fresh? Is that why you "need" to leave this section?

So does this resolution begin on Jan 1 or did it begin when you posted this thread? :confused:

?

He said "as of 2010".

• Author

And out of curiosity, does posting here keep the affair fresh? Is that why you "need" to leave this section?

Well, I thought I was pretty clear with words like, "as of 2010, and for this week only, and I am here til Thursday, try the veal...."

So, I will re-clarify, "I am here til Thursday (December 31st, 2009) so be sure to tip your waitresses and bartenders..."

and yes James, this is KILLING ME, and I just need to take care of my health, and everytime I get involved here, my chest fills with such anxiety it aches for the rest of the day...

I understand. I guess it's the same reason I took a one year plus leave of absence from this entire site. At least I'll still be able to bust your chops in The Water Cooler. ;)

and yes James, this is KILLING ME, and I just need to take care of my health, and everytime I get involved here, my chest fills with such anxiety it aches for the rest of the day...

hmmmmm, could call for a massage therapist , sauna , mucinex dm , maybe ay yi yi, what you said stampdaddy, exit the OM/OW.

OH well, our meeting was short but sweet.