How to be dignified...

NC with xMM 5 months. I found out I was thrown under a bus when he blanked me in the street.

I am bound to run into him in this town. One day we will walk right past each other and he will blank me again.

What do I do?

Blank him back. I could not not look at his face though.

Smile and say hi?

Whisper 'You ****' as he goes by?

Confront him?

How do I keep the pain from my face? I don't want to give hime the satisfaction.

Any other ideas?

Look at him in a faintly puzzled way like you think you should recognise him, but you're unsure if you actually know him at all :D

Dignity, my dear, always dignity.

"A closed mouth gathers no foot."

NC with xMM 5 months. I found out I was thrown under a bus when he blanked me in the street.

I am bound to run into him in this town. One day we will walk right past each other and he will blank me again.

What do I do?

Blank him back. I could not not look at his face though.

Smile and say hi?

Whisper 'You ****' as he goes by?

Confront him?

How do I keep the pain from my face? I don't want to give hime the satisfaction.

Any other ideas?

Man, I'd love to see some answers to this one. I live in a very small town and haven't encountered him as of yet. I do see him out and about, but thank goodness not face-to-face.

Some days I think my reaction would be confrontation and in the worst of ways. I never had any chance to have a final talk - he said he was going back to his W, I slammed the door in his face.

Some days I think I might act like none of it ever bothered me. Smile and say hi - like it was never a big deal to me.

I find that my emotions are still all over the place since he ended it. My hope is that by the time I see him, I'll know what to do.

I say treat him like a stranger that you have never met before. A stranger that you are cordial with but have no intention of engaging further.

bentnotbroken

I would walk past him, just before I reached him, I would pick up my foot look at my shoe and say, "Damn, I stepped in some s$^*(t again!" Smile and walk away. :D

I would look right at him regardless of who he or I were with , smile politely and say "Hello, Dave". You have nothing to hide from, why act as though you do? Its his issue alone now.

I would walk up to him and thank him for letting you go, because you since met a man who is so amazing (and I would take the time to enumerate his qualities - all things your former MM lacked), you are deeply in love, and planning a future together. Tell him this never would have happened if he hadnt of broken things off.

• Author

i like the dog**** idea, but like many things it is a fantasy because I just can't do something deliberately to make someone feel bad. And I don't feel it anyway.

I think I will say hi cordially, despite the likelihood of a blank. It is dignity I am most interested in here, and looking down with an ill-disguised bruised look on my face won't cut it.

Perhaps he and his wife would do the dog **** thing with me. Then I would let rip.

I've just had another idea. I could think of an appropriate tune to whistle as I go by. I know the one which would act like dog mess, but does anyone know a generically appropriate tune?

Oh, and maybe 'hello Dave' is good. Dave is an ex, and may sort the cordial intent with an undercurrent of I've forgotten you already!icon12.gif

I think a curt "John" (or whatever his name his) and non-emotional look and keep walking - almost a "nothing" of an acknowlegement. Look at your watch or behind him and keep walking and hopefully they'll be another person you know vaguely near them where as you can say "Hi Sue- how ARE you?" very cheerfully and upbeat.

If things don't work out with my MM I have anticipated this is how I will behave when I see him at the gym.

I don't have the chutzpah to make a scene- but in my fantasy world I would be a screaming psycho bee-atch and the conversation would go like this...

HEY *********! How are you? Still lying and cheating on your wife you POS? Sorry I've been SO busy lately, but tell wifey I'll give her a call REAL soon you f'in *********!!

Oh- and HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

Blank him right back. Not with your shoulders hunched but with your head held high, good posture and a body language that says you dont exist for me.

Hopefully your face wont give you away but who cares if it does. Its not about him anymore.

I would look right at him regardless of who he or I were with , smile politely and say "Hello, Dave". You have nothing to hide from, why act as though you do? Its his issue alone now.

PERFECT.

Why do you have to cower and hide? Why do you have to pretend you don't know him? What did you think would happen had you two stayed together? Would you have hidden from everyone?

learnfrommymistakes

lol DiDi

This is a riot, I love it. I would not have the balls to do it, but in my fantasies I would love to take out a can of whoop ass and go crazy bee-aacthh too..lol

But, I digress. I don't enjoy revenge or getting back, but in my fantasy life I dream that I blow his cover...and the world knows he is lying...but I am too much of a wussy and have too much heart and self respect to do that....but in my wild ass dreams, I do it often, and smile..lol

lfmm

bentnotbroken
i like the dog**** idea, but like many things it is a fantasy because I just can't do something deliberately to make someone feel bad. And I don't feel it anyway.

I think I will say hi cordially, despite the likelihood of a blank. It is dignity I am most interested in here, and looking down with an ill-disguised bruised look on my face won't cut it.

Perhaps he and his wife would do the dog **** thing with me. Then I would let rip.

I've just had another idea. I could think of an appropriate tune to whistle as I go by. I know the one which would act like dog mess, but does anyone know a generically appropriate tune?

Oh, and maybe 'hello Dave' is good. Dave is an ex, and may sort the cordial intent with an undercurrent of I've forgotten you already!icon12.gif

Don't take this the wrong way, but the bolded statement seems to a bit of a contradiction. Use the skills you learned during the A to deal with what is unpleasant. The wife is a victim of not being deliberately hurt, give MM a good dose of the same treatment.

I have to admit, once I started dating my current boyfriend, there was a part of me absolutely delighted to be able to tell my old AP that I had met someone that I really liked. Which I did. My AP was French and we got together over French lessons at lunchtime in the school where we both worked. My new boyfriend is also French-- he lives in England with his two children.

Even though we were just "friends" once I mentioned in a text that I was seeing someone else his texts completely dropped off. He only texted me very occasionally. The last time we had contact he called me from his tiny tropical island and we had most of the conversation IN FRENCH.

"Wow," he said... "Your French has really improved...."

TAKE THAT YOUR M%&^%^ F^^&*&^)kr!!!

Sorry to be so childish... but I was so delighted! hee hee hee.....

xx

It did, actually. Who knows what the reality of his situation is but what I have decided to believe is that he is bored stiff in his bourgeois, conventional French life. He's a teacher now in a school completely without challenges (at least from behaviour, difficult kids etc) in a segregated society. I love France and I'm very pleased that he didn't return at the end of his training year.

All of this is probably total fiction, but hey, it's my movie, after all!!!

This is the beauty of NC-- make up what you want and go for it!

Maurey x