My ex won't leave me alone

PrettyCrissy

I've been dealing with this situation for the last ten years of my ex marriage. He insist we be friends and it always starts out that way until we slip up and something happens. Seven years ago we had an affair and about two years ago I almost found myself in the same situation. I'm honestly not proud of this I really need a way out. I always pull myself away and even changed my number on a few occasions but he always finds a way to come back in contact with me.

I told him that I don't think we should communicate because its appropriate but he insist that its ok because were friends. My thing is I feel bad talking to him because sometimes the conversation goes left and we began to flirt.

I'm sooo tired of this situation and I really don't know how to get out of it. I've done everything I thought possible to get out of it but somehow he finds a way back. Please can someone give me advice on how to handle this.

Sincerely

Scared and confused

Chrome Barracuda

Well first thing you need to do is a big NC letter. Then start doing things to remove this guy outta your life if your serious. because women will say one thing and do something else.

It is a bit tiring isn't it, to have to change your number all the time?

A letter to him would be good - tell him that you want absolutely nothing from him and that he should respect your wishes and that you need to move on without him in your life.

I've been dealing with this situation for the last ten years of my ex marriage. He insist we be friends and it always starts out that way until we slip up and something happens. Seven years ago we had an affair and about two years ago I almost found myself in the same situation. I'm honestly not proud of this I really need a way out. I always pull myself away and even changed my number on a few occasions but he always finds a way to come back in contact with me.

I told him that I don't think we should communicate because its appropriate but he insist that its ok because were friends. My thing is I feel bad talking to him because sometimes the conversation goes left and we began to flirt.

I'm sooo tired of this situation and I really don't know how to get out of it. I've done everything I thought possible to get out of it but somehow he finds a way back. Please can someone give me advice on how to handle this.

Sincerely

Scared and confused

Um...the problem is YOU, not him.

He calls, YOU answer. Its really that simple.

When you want it to end...when he calls...not only do you NOT answer this time, you BLOCK his number.

He tries to contact you...IGNORE him.

He keeps trying, call the police, call the DA. You'd be surprised how effective police officers can be at telling some cretin to back off...

But in reality...YOU keep RESPONDING. Stop.

Who cares if he insists? You have the power to say no. Do you have caller ID? When you see his number dont pick up.

White Flower

Sincerely

Scared and confused

Is this your exH or an exMM? If an exMM did your R with him lead to a D? Are there lose ends or issues undealt with in your mind that lead you back down that path subconsiously to deal with?

He finds a way back and you let him in. You must ask yourself why you allow this to happen. I'm guessing unresolved issues (that may never get fixed.)