LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > The Other Man / Woman

falling in love with brother in law.

The Other Man / Woman The other side of the story: Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th March 2009, 4:34 PM   #1

Exclamation falling in love with brother in law.

i just read a question on yahoo answers where a girl fell in love with her brother in law(sisters husband) and now she's understanding how hard its going to be to be with him. But they both want to be together. Theyve been keeping their love a secret for about 3 years, but they would do anything for eachother. (her question was about the baby their having together cuz she got pregnant) My questions are: do you think that everything is all fair in love and war? Is she just being selfish? Do you think that love blinds you into making stupid choices? Do you believe that fate is in control of all of us, and therefore there is nothing she could do to stop her love for him even if she wanted too?

It's just that this story shocked me and i want to know your opinions on this.

Last edited by scared_hope; 26th March 2009 at 4:43 PM..
scared_hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 4:45 PM   #2
Established Member

That sister is going to hell... I'm sorry, but that's your flesh and blood where do you draw the line between right and wrong?
Chrome Barracuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 5:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by scared_hope View Post
i just read a question on yahoo answers where a girl fell in love with her brother in law(sisters husband) and now she's understanding how hard its going to be to be with him. But they both want to be together. Theyve been keeping their love a secret for about 3 years, but they would do anything for eachother. (her question was about the baby their having together cuz she got pregnant) My questions are: do you think that everything is all fair in love and war? No Is she just being selfish? Yes Do you think that love blinds you into making stupid choices? No Do you believe that fate is in control of all of us, and therefore there is nothing she could do to stop her love for him even if she wanted too? No
And this story has no bearing on your life?

Some people just feel the rules don't apply to them.
Untouchable_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 5:45 PM   #4

what does love mean?

This story really impressed me and I really don't know what to sayI just think love is to feeling a new big deep sight when u really don't see,I don't think she is selfish,man was created to love all the other creations and the brother is the nearest,I believe we make our destiny and I also think a real love doesn't belon to sex!!!
amir_ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 5:47 PM   #5
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_ie View Post
This story really impressed me and I really don't know what to sayI just think love is to feeling a new big deep sight when u really don't see,I don't think she is selfish,man was created to love all the other creations and the brother is the nearest,I believe we make our destiny and I also think a real love doesn't belon to sex!!!
Y'all women are naive and stupid to believe it. and y'all fall for it 90% of the damn time. Y'all let your fellings take control of you blinding you to the obvious truth. but hey 'yall feelings is what is most important right?
Old 26th March 2009, 7:41 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_ie View Post

To love what? Pain, anger, stupidity.
bentnotbroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 7:52 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scared_hope View Post
i just read a question on yahoo answers where a girl fell in love with her brother in law(sisters husband) and now she's understanding how hard its going to be to be with him. But they both want to be together. Theyve been keeping their love a secret for about 3 years, but they would do anything for eachother. (her question was about the baby their having together cuz she got pregnant) My questions are: do you think that everything is all fair in love and war? Is she just being selfish? Do you think that love blinds you into making stupid choices? Do you believe that fate is in control of all of us, and therefore there is nothing she could do to stop her love for him even if she wanted too?

I wonder what her and YOUR IQs are.
signedin2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 11:27 PM   #8
Established Member

There it is again-----> love and soulmates...!

I mean, really? a brother-in-law?
tami-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 12:51 AM   #9
Established Member

You can't really help who you fall in love with. If I'm understanding this correctly:

Sister is married to Husband. The person in question is in love with Husband's brother. There is no direct blood relation between the woman in question and the husband's brother. I don't really see a huge problem here. I know of 2 couples off hand that have a relationship similar to what you are speaking. If in the end they don't work out yes there would be awkwardness at say family gatherings, but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

I'm just not quite understanding what all the fuss is?
bobdole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 4:03 AM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdole View Post
You can't really help who you fall in love with. If I'm understanding this correctly:

Sister is married to Husband. The person in question is in love with Husband's brother. There is no direct blood relation between the woman in question and the husband's brother. I don't really see a huge problem here. I know of 2 couples off hand that have a relationship similar to what you are speaking. If in the end they don't work out yes there would be awkwardness at say family gatherings, but it wouldn't be a huge deal.

Huh??? Brother in law as in her sister's husband!!!! That's what I'm seeing. He'd be her sister's husband's brother.
Old 27th March 2009, 10:49 AM   #11
Owl
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdole View Post

You ABSOLUTELY can help who you fall in love with.

You can't help who you're ATTRACTED to...I'll grant that.

But love doesn't form unless you feed the attraction...unless you deliberately allow the relationship to grow by deliberately interacting with the object of your attraction on an emotional/personal level.

See the difference? That's why affairs are NEVER "an accident" or "just happened".
Old 27th March 2009, 11:54 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Sister is married to Husband. The person in question is in love with Husband's brother
Sister's husband IS the brother in law - Not the brother of the husband. She's inlove with her sisters husband (aka BIL).

Anyway what a messy situation to be in.. Yuck!
whichwayisup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 1:42 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Barracuda View Post
Huh??? Brother in law as in her sister's husband!!!! That's what I'm seeing. He'd be her sister's husband's brother.
Ahh I see. I was wondering why this was in the OM/OW forum. Ya theres a problem then for sure heh I had thought the person was in love with sister's husband's brother. Sorry for the confusion.
bobdole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 5:36 PM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post
You ABSOLUTELY can help who you fall in love with.

You can't help who you're ATTRACTED to...I'll grant that.

But love doesn't form unless you feed the attraction...unless you deliberately allow the relationship to grow by deliberately interacting with the object of your attraction on an emotional/personal level.

See the difference? That's why affairs are NEVER "an accident" or "just happened".
What a great post this is, explaining it so very well. I wish I could cut and paste this post and send it by email to my H, but I am afraid his first impulse would be to google it and find Owl's post, and search the site, and find ME! Then his narcissistic side would turn revengeful and he would focus on obliterating me... I already see in the last couple of weeks he has completely stopped phoning me at night (when he returns from his pub visits) to feed on me to fulfill his emotional needs... which is indicative that he is possibly, once more, engaging in another affair...

Thus his N side is having his ego stroked and his need for admiration fed by another 'supply' source, and should he see me and my posts in here, telling the LS board about his escapades, I think he would explode in rage.

Ah, pity... because I would so like for him to read Owl's explanation which would elucidate how H's falling in love with his last OW was not inescapable, but came about as a direct effect of H pouring six months of attention into her beforehand, and offering her advice and warnings about all those other MM 'wolves' who might only have been trying to get into her panties, unlike HIM who was special (cuz he was a 'happily married man')... but of course, as he declared to me -- he couldn't help 'falling in love with her' could he?

Last edited by Athena; 27th March 2009 at 5:44 PM..
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2009, 8:01 PM   #15
Established Member

I honestly don't think we can help who we fall in love with (or least the emotions/feelings we equate to be love), however we definitely can chose how we act/respond to these feelings.

BTW, I don't care who you are or where you are from Y'all is NOT a word!!