5 and a half years on - now together

I've re-written this post so many times!!!

But all I want to say is....

If Love between two people is real.... it will make itself be real... everyday of your life.

No marriage certificate or vows or family or community pressure can alter the fact that Love will find a way. It will hurt, it will cause the most devastating pain to all involved...but if it's Love... then it will find a way. And Love will make it so that the Love can endure.

If it's NOT TRUE LOVE...it will not endure.

I've tempered a tenacious belief in love with a reality check that it takes more than love to have a healthy relationship.

Yes, I was an OM (and later a WS) and that love and devotion has mutated and endured long enough to see grandchildren meet the world. Good luck on your path :)

I've re-written this post so many times!!!

But all I want to say is....

If Love between two people is real.... it will make itself be real... everyday of your life.

No marriage certificate or vows or family or community pressure can alter the fact that Love will find a way. It will hurt, it will cause the most devastating pain to all involved...but if it's Love... then it will find a way. And Love will make it so that the Love can endure.

YES YES YES! I completely absolutely AGREE!!! Why do people have trouble believing that? Is it because they haven't experienced it?

It sounds like congratulations are in order I hope you will be very happy.

What is behind the cryptic post? Were you having an affair and he has just gotten divorced? Have you married?

If it was true love, why did it take 5 years? In all honesty if two people love eachother THAT much and one is already married, it shouldn't take 5 years to work it out to finally get together.

If it was true love, why did it take 5 years? In all honesty if two people love eachother THAT much and one is already married, it shouldn't take 5 years to work it out to finally get together.

WWIU - why not? What difference does it make if it takes 5 minutes or 5 years for two people to get together? What was said was that TRUE LOVE PREVAILS and if it doesn't it wasn't.

Life is complicated and not necessarily black & white (as much as we'd like it to be). The older I've gotten, I've found that a) life gets funnier and b) it gets more complicated - and the complications are the various shades of gray.

angryyoungman70
WWIU - why not? What difference does it make if it takes 5 minutes or 5 years for two people to get together? What was said was that TRUE LOVE PREVAILS and if it doesn't it wasn't.

Life is complicated and not necessarily black & white (as much as we'd like it to be). The older I've gotten, I've found that a) life gets funnier and b) it gets more complicated - and the complications are the various shades of gray.

You are a wise man.

I find it hard to imagine how anyone could love a person who cheated and lied to another.

You have to have respect, it is a must, and how can you respect a liar and cheat?

Guess you will see if this is true. I suspect the WS's spouse may have thought the same thing at one point. Now, back to my Daniele Steele book.:bunny:

bentnotbroken

Life is complicated and not necessarily black & white (as much as we'd like it to be). The older I've gotten, I've found that a) life gets funnier and b) it gets more complicated - and the complications are the various shades of gray.[/quote]

Funny you found out life is gray, and I found out it only gets gray when we want it to. Black and white all the way baby:D

Sometimes true love isn't enough. Obviously..

You may have your MM now finally but in another 5 years, what if he falls inlove with someone else, finds true love all over again? Never say never... I bet his first wife never thought he'd leave her..

I think it is fine to leave a partner when you do not love them and want to be with them anymore but to have an affair behind their back is deplorable and makes the person untrustworthy.

I would find it impossible to love a man who could lie and cheat so easily, especially if I had witnessed the deceit first hand!

HIS OTHER ONE

I so believe this. Maybe since I am in that situation ( 4 & 1/2 years now) I do believe. But also the older I get, I do understand that sometimes life cannot be as simple as we wish.....

and Lishy you seem angry.....bitter :mad:.

I so believe this. Maybe since I am in that situation ( 4 & 1/2 years now) I do believe. But also the older I get, I do understand that sometimes life cannot be as simple as we wish.....

and Lishy you seem angry.....bitter :mad:.

I believe this, as well. Three of the last Harlequin romance novels I read demonstrated this very thing.:bunny::bunny::bunny:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Author
I think that love may find a way, but love doesn't hurt anyone as it finds it's way.

This is simply not true! in any situation. Don't be so naive and generic!

This is simply not true! in any situation. Don't be so naive and generic!

I think BNB means without the affair drama, the fallout, the lying and deceiving, the hiding and knowingly hurting another person's marriage for your own benefit. She (BNB) wasn't talking about regular relationships.

True love doesn't make cryptic posts and hide in the shadows.

It states what it is and who it is up front for all the world to see.

And I certainly agree with the others that it doesn't take 5.5 years of seeing each other continuously to FINALLY show up either.

Somebody is phishing.....

• Author
I think BNB means without the affair drama, the fallout, the lying and deceiving, the hiding and knowingly hurting another person's marriage for your own benefit. She (BNB) wasn't talking about regular relationships.

I think you have been here too long WWIU:-).....many many people have moved on.... life goes on.... it really does!... and whether the MM and OW end up together is immaterial to my specific post...my post was a genuine statement of my interpretation of what life is like

If Love is real... it finds a way....

I think you have been here too long WWIU:-).....many many people have moved on.... life goes on.... it really does!... and whether the MM and OW end up together is immaterial to my specific post...my post was a genuine statement of my interpretation of what life is like

You aren't making any sense.

You state that 5.5 years in, you are FINALLY together because real love always finds a way. Now you state that the MM and OW finally getting together is immaterial to your post.

Doesn't make any sense at all.

bentnotbroken

As was my post. Genuine and my interpretation of what life is like.....True love doesn't hurt anyone as it finds it's way. Especially children.:confused: It doesn't matter that you believe WWIU has been here too long, it is after all only your interpretation.:rolleyes:

How anyone can find happiness at the cost of someones unhappiness is beyond me. Bragging about the fact is even more classless.

I can not even comprehend what the OP is so happy about! She won the prize? More like the booby prize! Cheaters are not attractive and I worry the OP will be feeling like the wife one day!