The chapter is closed

I received a voice mail from xMM today.

He's called twice and I did not answer.

The message said that my happiness is what is important here and that he will not contact me again. If I ever find it in my heart to be his friend again, I know where to find him.

With one message, a little over 2 years is closed completely.

I know this is all for the best for everyone involved and I have no tears left. I just feel kind of numb.

Book a spa day for yourself. Grab a girlfriend and go pamper yourself. Laze in the hottub, then get a massage, pedicure etc. Sigh, you deserve it!

• Author

Already in the works. My friends are planning a night out on the town for me. We're getting our hair and make up done.

I have to show off this new body I got from all the pain of not eating because of xMM somehow, right?

Don't you hate it when they want to stay in touch "as friends"?!?? No thanks, we've had just about enough of your kind of friendship. It's drained us dry, there's nothing left. We're DONE.

• Author
Don't you hate it when they want to stay in touch "as friends"?!?? No thanks, we've had just about enough of your kind of friendship. It's drained us dry, there's nothing left. We're DONE.
i

Yeah, we have tried the "friendship" thing since July. Did not quite work. I guess I accepted it because I was not really ready to let go completely. There was nothing physical involved, but he was still draining me.

Now I am. As hard as it is, it is time. For me, his W and oh yeah, I guess him too. Sounds like he is ready too. Some things just run their course. Now I need to work on my guilt over what I did to his W (even thought she does not know). One step at a time though.

The 'friendship' clause is him basically extending a line to you that he will still be there if you want to resume the affair. He does not want to remain friends with you...he is hoping you will miss him and call him using the "friend" excuse.

Do not do it...or you will fall into the same ol' trap....I did and it only extended my hurt....

• Author

I am assuming what I am going through today is normal withdrawal, at least I hope so.

Missing him terribly which has physical pain

Anger that his life is going on easily and perfectly without a second thought as I hurt and feel such anger.

Fear that I will never find anyone else I connect with like I did him

To sum it up, my day has been filled with anger, fear, sadness and physical pain. What fun.

I had a good time last night though :bunny:

I had a good time last night though

Then try to build upon this.

Grieve when you need to, but make yourself go out and do stuff, laugh and be silly daily. Humour can save you at times.

I am assuming what I am going through today is normal withdrawal, at least I hope so.

Missing him terribly which has physical pain

Anger that his life is going on easily and perfectly without a second thought as I hurt and feel such anger.

Fear that I will never find anyone else I connect with like I did him

To sum it up, my day has been filled with anger, fear, sadness and physical pain. What fun.

I had a good time last night though :bunny:

Baby steps. Having a good time last night is a good start.

And you WILL find someone you connect with even better than him. I know it's hard to believe now, but one day, when you least expect it, the right guy for you will walk into your life. Be well.

That's the salt in the wound...BUT, you can use that anger to stay strong and be grateful that you are no longer holding onto fruitless hope, no longer being strung along by MM. That anger will help you know in your gut that this is the best thing for you, for your future. Keep in mind, his wife is stuck with a cheater, and for you the best is yet to come.