A New Beginning

GreenEyedLady

GreenEyedLady

I started my journey here in 2006. I had just found out that my BF was married. I came to LS for support. What kind of support? Those who were or had walked in my shoes.

I found many good friends here. Movinon, Realitycheck, Yousaveme, Stillhere, ScaredinLove, lovernotafighter, even NoIDidn't and WWIU just to name a few. They are the ones who listened and didn't judge. They kept me grounded and told me what I needed to hear, not what I wanted to hear. And I thank them for that.

But as you know my role as OW ended earlier this year. And I wanted to share with the forum, my friends and even those who aren't my friends, that my partner and I made our union legal.

I want to let people know this for a couple of reasons. First and foremost, because I am so happy and we are crazy in love. Secondly, I want to say to those OW who are in a similar R, when a man truly loves a woman, HE WILL MOVE MOUNTAINS. Fear not, for what will be, will be.

We are now married. November 9, 2008. I share this in joy and happiness.

This is the beginning of our new life together. The past is where it should be, the past.

For those who cannot post something supportive, please skip this thread.***

GEL

Wow Gel!!!! Thats the best thread ever!!!! I am so very happy for you and your sweetie.. I know it was a tough road . I wish you two nothing but joy Love happiness and lots of passion!! :love: Hope you not leaving us Gel on LS.. We need you here! Especially me;).lol I hope to follow you in your footsteps:) Mino

• Author
GreenEyedLady

Awww, Mino!

Thank you! I am jumping for joy, too!

I am not planning on leaving LS***It's addictive!

I have to admit, I'm trying to cut back!

My wish to you is pure happiness!

Love,

GEL

Congratulations, GEL.

I'm surprised I was listed as a cyber friend. We started off really rocky. LOL.

I second that "when a man truly loves a woman, he moves mountains". Mine did. Yours did. Any man that does anything short of that, well.... everyone is free to fill in the blanks on that.

Because you've shared some of your relationship history with us, I say this without any bitterness or gile (sp?) - that I hope this marriage is for the both of you, better than your previous ones.

Congrats again.

• Author
GreenEyedLady
Congratulations, GEL.

I'm surprised I was listed as a cyber friend. We started off really rocky. LOL.

I second that "when a man truly loves a woman, he moves mountains". Mine did. Yours did. Any man that does anything short of that, well.... everyone is free to fill in the blanks on that.

Because you've shared some of your relationship history with us, I say this without any bitterness or gile (sp?) - that I hope this marriage is for the both of you, better than your previous ones.

Congrats again.

That means alot, NID. :D

I always listen to what people say. And determine for myself the validity. I don't dismiss what anyone says just because I don't want to hear it.

Thank you so much for your congrats. I am looking forward to the future, happily.

GEL

• Author
GreenEyedLady
*tosses a handful of rose petals your way*

Huzzah!

I'm really happy for you and your husband!!!

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

I love roses! Thanks for the support!

• Author
GreenEyedLady
Hi GEL! Congratulations, hun and I am happy for you and your husband :).

All the best!

xxx

I am so HAPPY too!

Thank you! I guess that makes me a MW now! :cool:

IfWishesWereHorses

Best wishes to you and yours! What the heck are you doing on the computer??? Get yourself into the bedroom!:D

LakesideDream

GEL, so ready with a kind word, or understanding opinion. Congratulations are absolutely in order. You deserve the best.

Congratulations GEL!! :bunny::bunny::bunny: I hope he will continue to appreciate you, and you him, as you both transition from forbidden lovers to life partners. As you are well aware, marriage is sometimes not an easy road. Love is so fragile, and requires lots of nurturing to keep it alive.

I wish you both much love and happiness in your new life together.:love::love:

Congratulations to you!

I think your story is needed on here to show that not all MM are simply looking for bit on the side.

And you're right - a man in love will do whatever it takes to be with the woman he loves - just look at the Duke or Windsor and Wallis Simpson.

You have to continue to contribute here to show to OW what is possible and to make them see sense if they're being taken for a ride.

I wish you both long lives and a long happy marriage!

CONGRATULATIONS GEL! May you have many years of happiness together.

I agree, a man will move mountains for you if he really loves you. Obviously your MM loved you enough to end his M and start a new life w/ you.

I hope the BW is finding her own happiness and it's sitting around being depressed about their D and your M. She needs to find her own happiness.

Congrats Gel! I hope you and your husband have many wonderful years ahead. Stay young, healthy and happy!

I am not planning on leaving LS***It's addictive!

Ha, no sheeyot eh? :laugh::o

:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny: Great news, GEL!!! :bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

I'm so thrilled for you both - I hope the years to come bring you more and more joy and fulfilment. You've deserved your happiness, and I hope your blended family can put aside any past unhappinesses and dwell only in the joy of the present, and the blessings of the future that will surely follow.

(((((hugs))))) and happiness :love::love::love::love::love: and very best wishes!

P.S. Just to make the point - GEL's story isn't just the story of hope leading to happiness for an OW, it's also the story of triumph over adversity for a BW.

GEL's been on both sides, and her success demonstrates not just that there's life beyond longing (for OWs) but also that there's life beyond bitterness (for BWs).

We can all look forward to a future of love and light, if we embrace the positive and let go of the poison.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Congratulations GEL! You sound like a super woman that has been through a lot and came out a total winner!

YOU are my hero!

Here's to a lifetime of blessings and happiness!:)

You don't know me but I know you. So, I'm happy for you. :) I know you've been through a lot. I wish you the best!

My brother got married this past weekend too, after living together for 13 years.

Here's to November 2008! *raises glass of Pepsi* LoL