A question if I may...

A close friend of mine were friends-lovers now friends again. They're happy. He wants her back. She's not sure. They still go out. He comes around. They talk/text. They still have feelings for each other. But they're too afraid to be the first to make the move.

I suppose it depends on how you two ended the lovers part.

Everyone knows it's very hard to be friends with someone you still have feelings for. We've all been through it at some point in our lives, whether it be the teen years, or in our 20's or even 30's.

Blue, in your situation, it's going to be very hard on you because he is married, that's not going to change and being his friend will always prevent you from finding someone else, allowing love to be in your heart from someone else. You'll care too much about hurting him, I mean, if you tried the friendship and he acted jealous or hurt that you met someone finally, what then? Being in his life is holding YOU back, I just wish you could see that..

• Author
Being in his life is holding YOU back, I just wish you could see that..

I totally agree with you (as previously mentioned, I've already turned down date offers from others). And I *can* see it - I just need to put it into action.

It's like knowing that smoking is going to kill you. Doesn't stop you from sparking up a Marlboro light though does it?

(FYI though - he's not married, he's engaged. Not that that really changes anything - he is locked and loaded....right?)