Is anyone here a WIFE, that started out as the OW???

isavelives2

Ok, so "statistically" most affairs don't work out, but I was wondering if there is anyone on here, that IS married to or still with the MM (meaning he got divorced, and you are still a couple).

This may sound bad, but my stbxh, was married when I met him, he was dating someone else while the divorce was going on (Finalized in 12/97), and after the divorce we remained really close friends, and he was dating this other girl when we started "dating"..... we literally went on 1 date together, and got married 30 days to the day later (Married 6/98).

I guess at one point I was the OW, and we did get married. I have been married to him now for 10 yrs, and did file for divorce (personal reasons)..... but we did get married, and had 5 wonderful children together!!!

So I was just wondering "if" there is anyone else out there married to the MM/MW???

bentnotbroken
Ok, so "statistically" most affairs don't work out, but I was wondering if there is anyone on here, that IS married to or still with the MM (meaning he got divorced, and you are still a couple).

This may sound bad, but my stbxh, was married when I met him, he was dating someone else while the divorce was going on (Finalized in 12/97), and after the divorce we remained really close friends, and he was dating this other girl when we started "dating"..... we literally went on 1 date together, and got married 30 days to the day later (Married 6/98).

I guess at one point I was the OW, and we did get married. I have been married to him now for 10 yrs, and did file for divorce (personal reasons)..... but we did get married, and had 5 wonderful children together!!

So I was just wondering "if" there is anyone else out there married to the MM/MW???

So you started your marriage out as OW and it eventually came to an end(his cheating again), and now you find yourself in the same situation. If you and MM were to get together, do you see that relationship enduring or do you think it will eventually meet the same fate? Not trying to be disrespectful, just curious about your thoughts on the matter:confused:

I guess at one point I was the OW, and we did get married. I have been married to him now for 10 yrs, and did file for divorce (personal reasons)..... but we did get married, and had 5 wonderful children together!!!

I never married.. but lived 18 years (common-law) with my first MM. I was the OW for 11 years prior to him moving in with me.. (total of 29 yrs more than a lot of married couples out there.. ;))

I left him after 18 yrs... never regretted it once second.

• Author
isavelives2

My situation was very hard to describe. He was dating someone and living with them while his divorce was being finalized, when we got together.

He did cheat on me once right after we got married (slept with the ex who he was living with when we got together). He has never cheated on me again. Our marriage ended due to mental health issues.....otherwise there is a chance that we would still be married.

As for my current situation with my MM, I'm really not sure were we stand right now, his thing is "if we are meant to be together, everything will work out the way it's suppose to". The only reason I would see my MM and I enduring is because we are closer in age (13 months apart), and have many things in common, where my stbxh is 9 yrs older than me and other than the kids we have nothing in common.

There is always the chance that my relationship with MM would end in the same fate as my marriage, but I can honestly say my marriage ended by MY choice, if he had his way, we would still be together...... so I am kind of "indifferent" about my current situation.

So you started your marriage out as OW and it eventually came to an end(his cheating again), and now you find yourself in the same situation. If you and MM were to get together, do you see that relationship enduring or do you think it will eventually meet the same fate? Not trying to be disrespectful, just curious about your thoughts on the matter:confused:

This pattern is really interesting/disturbing/dysfunctional. And now you are expecting another man to leave his established relationship to be with you?

Truly a psychologist's dream.

eta: definitely not meant in a disrespectful way

FMM left his marriage (mutual agreement) and I'm not married to FMM - yet. We both want that but not anytime soon. I want to get familiar with the living situation first! :love:

Well, it doesn't sound to me like you were his OW at all. You didn't even start dating him until after the D was final. But it does sound like he has a tendency to jump into other relationships without ending the previous one first. I'm sorry you're going through a D, especially with five (count 'em, FIVE!?!?) children. Love can really make you blind, if you let it. Do you think you'll be able to see the "signs" next time?