New & On Unfamiliar Territories.....

isavelives2

Hi everyone..... I found this forum "by chance" today, and I am really hoping I can get some insight here.

I find myself in a position I have never been in before. I am 31 yrs old, seperated from my M for 2 yrs, recently filed for divorce, and now in love with a MM.

This has to be the hardest thing I have ever been through. In January I applied for a job, I was hired in february after someone got fired. However I wasn't put in the store I had applied for I was moved to the store where the guy just left from. I was introducted to my sales manager that day, and everything was great. I started work there February 15th (coincidentally the day after his 15th anniversary). Anyway, in the beginning everything was "normal". I came to work, did my job and left.

Then the beginning of March my manager and I started having "talks" about our lifes, kids, marriage, etc. We found we were both married very young, and got married for almost the same reason (we were both going to be parents). On March 18th everything changed..... we just got really close and personal, and felt this amazing connection to each other. Throughout the rest of the week we talked about how we were both married, I was seperated, and how niether one of us was looking for anything, but we found we had everything in common. I'm sure you can see where this is going...... On March 21st we had our first kiss, and OMG it was amazing!! We talked later that evening about what we were going to do, and desided to just take things day to day and not expect anything from each other. I knew he was a dedicated father of 2 (nothing is more important than the girls).

Long story short, we are still together, and for the past month have been talking about being together forever. Things with his W became even more stressed, and she started spending nights away from the house. Since I knew he was dedicated to his kids, we desided the way for us to get more time together was to commute together. Eventually we found we started having very strong feelings to each other. We talked about not being intimate until we "knew" we loved each other..... and that's what we did. Our relationship stayed the same the 1st month, by month 2 we started being intimate. We knew at that point we were meant to be together, and that both of us had grown apart from our spouses. Twice he got the courage to face his W and said he was moving out, and both times something (the girl in the back of his mind) stopped him.

This past few weeks have been really really hard though, because he said he is struggling with a mental block about leaving the girls. He has put his home up for sale (with his W), and says when it sells he is moving out on his own.... so right now feels he needs to value every second he gets with the girls. He is so afraid of being his father (who left them), that he says it's killing him.

Today he asked me if we could take a step back so he could deal with his issues on his own, and he doesn't want it to ever come back on me, so he needs to do it himself. I am at such a loss, when we are together, he says he loves me (more than you know), and we will be fine, but I don't know what to think. He told me also today that "statistically our relationships don't work out"....... so he's afraid he's risking lossing everything (his kids now, and me later if he takes too long to get past this mental block).

I have NO idea what to do, i trully love him, and I know he loves me...... I hate being the OW..... but I do LOVE him too......

P.S -- To add into it, rumors at work have started, and people are making comments that we are together (or they think)......

Hi everyone..... I found this forum "by chance" today, and I am really hoping I can get some insight here.

I find myself in a position I have never been in before. I am 31 yrs old, seperated from my M for 2 yrs, recently filed for divorce, and now in love with a MM.

This has to be the hardest thing I have ever been through. In January I applied for a job, I was hired in february after someone got fired. However I wasn't put in the store I had applied for I was moved to the store where the guy just left from. I was introducted to my sales manager that day, and everything was great. I started work there February 15th (coincidentally the day after his 15th anniversary). Anyway, in the beginning everything was "normal". I came to work, did my job and left.

Then the beginning of March my manager and I started having "talks" about our lifes, kids, marriage, etc. We found we were both married very young, and got married for almost the same reason (we were both going to be parents). On March 18th everything changed..... we just got really close and personal, and felt this amazing connection to each other. Throughout the rest of the week we talked about how we were both married, I was seperated, and how niether one of us was looking for anything, but we found we had everything in common. I'm sure you can see where this is going...... On March 21st we had our first kiss, and OMG it was amazing!! We talked later that evening about what we were going to do, and desided to just take things day to day and not expect anything from each other. I knew he was a dedicated father of 2 (nothing is more important than the girls).

Long story short, we are still together, and for the past month have been talking about being together forever. Things with his W became even more stressed, and she started spending nights away from the house. Since I knew he was dedicated to his kids, we desided the way for us to get more time together was to commute together. Eventually we found we started having very strong feelings to each other. We talked about not being intimate until we "knew" we loved each other..... and that's what we did. Our relationship stayed the same the 1st month, by month 2 we started being intimate. We knew at that point we were meant to be together, and that both of us had grown apart from our spouses. Twice he got the courage to face his W and said he was moving out, and both times something (the girl in the back of his mind) stopped him.

This past few weeks have been really really hard though, because he said he is struggling with a mental block about leaving the girls. He has put his home up for sale (with his W), and says when it sells he is moving out on his own.... so right now feels he needs to value every second he gets with the girls. He is so afraid of being his father (who left them), that he says it's killing him.

Today he asked me if we could take a step back so he could deal with his issues on his own, and he doesn't want it to ever come back on me, so he needs to do it himself. I am at such a loss, when we are together, he says he loves me (more than you know), and we will be fine, but I don't know what to think. He told me also today that "statistically our relationships don't work out"....... so he's afraid he's risking lossing everything (his kids now, and me later if he takes too long to get past this mental block).

I have NO idea what to do, i trully love him, and I know he loves me...... I hate being the OW..... but I do LOVE him too......

P.S -- To add into it, rumors at work have started, and people are making comments that we are together (or they think)......

Yes..... I heard the same thing....... "I don't want this to come back on you" and "I want 'us' to be together without the shame of the affair" "If I leave and then we start dating it will look........ Oh, yes.... I heard this too. Then, it was - "my kids will hate me" "I cannot live without my grandkids in my life" "this has nothing to do with (the W)...." Don't fall for this crap like I did!

And all this from a man who would tell me I was his soulmate - that no one loved him for the real him except me - that he would be happy just to be in my arms even if we never had sex - he wrote me poetry, bought me wonderful gifts, flowers, cards, telephoned me 8-12 times a day and txt messaged me 3000-4000 times a month, and even went so far as to put his grandkids on the telephone with me at Christmas. He was sooooooooo in love with me - oh yes.... I heard all this crap too!

All lies..................

Tell him NOW - it's you are the highway - no more waiting game - now or never. If he cares about you he will be there - if not - then come back and join our party here. We have some strong women here and we will help you get throught this.

Take a deep breath - exhale - make the call!

CallMeCrazy

Don't do it.... stop it now.... I'm 28- almost 29 and was in a very similar situation.

Let me tell you things will only get worse, not better.... You think you love him and vs. versa, the feelings seem so real. I can tell you I was in your exact same shoes (minus the children for me...) and this will go nowhere. He is right, statistically you're doomed. The pull of the kids, the wife, the family is too strong. He needs time to figure out IF he really wants to do it and when he is really ready he will. If your relationship is really what you think than you're far better off waiting until he has his life worked out...

Save yourself A LOT of pain, heartache and stress at work. End it now and figure out your own life. You're too young to deal with any more of this...

I suggest reading the book I just recommended in one of my posts... I promise it will help you. Hang in there.

Sincerely, CMC

• Author
isavelives2

Thank you to everyone so far..... as I sit here on my couch all I can do is cry. I called my "aunt" (the women who raised me part of my life and has been in my life for 30yrs), and she told me to step back and let him get his life together. She told me that if he trully loves me (us), he will work on his own problems and get through them.

I haven't let anyone into my life ( or heart) in 2 yrs and I did him (stupid stupid me)..... and I find myself "blindfolded by love" and unsure of where to go or what to do.

I know what I need to do, I just don't know how to get there....... I don't know how to "step back"...... I'm Scared!!!!

Curmudgeon

P.S -- To add into it, rumors at work have started, and people are making comments that we are together (or they think)......I haven't let anyone into my life ( or heart) in 2 yrs and I did him (stupid stupid me)..... and I find myself "blindfolded by love" and unsure of where to go or what to do.

I know what I need to do, I just don't know how to get there....... I don't know how to "step back"...... I'm Scared!!!!

STOP! You are NOT stupid. You're in love. Of course, I suppose that sometimes the two could be considered synonymous.

However, the people and rumors at work are right, aren't they? That could spell the end of his job which could be a great excuse for the end of your relationship. He's already talking that talk, isn't he?

Having been severely alienated from two youngest daughters by a vindictive ex (who had an affair and left me) I can understand an honest concern about maintaining a relationship with his daughters. But the key word is "honest!" What he's saying may not be what he's really thinking. It makes a great excuse to end things or at least put you off until "the girls finish preschool," "promote from grade school," "graduate from high school," "finish college," "get married." And lets not forget the need to rid the front lawn of crabgrass, paint the kitchen or wait until the dog has her puppies and we've (he and his wife) found homes for them.

I hope you get my point(s).

Event Horizon

My advice would be to stop now before true pain sets in. This has been going on a short enough amount of time that you can still stop and not totally screw your life up.

I know you think it's already messed up and that you can't stop but you have no idea. It can get worse.

OTOH, you could be soul mates and you have to what you have to do. Based on some of the things you've posted that he said, my opinion is that this is a classic situation and not a soul mate situation.

Good luck in any case,

E..H

You have nothing to lose by stepping back, ending this affair, and letting things play out the way they will. Either he will decide his marriage is done and he needs to get a divorce, or he won't. Either way, there will be a decision, which is what you need unless you want to be his OW indefinitely. You're better off knowing NOW if he won't end his marriage ever.

Staying with him and getting deeper into this affair will not help either decision. In fact, staying with him will just make everything worse and will probably make his decision take much, much longer. As long as he has you around, he doesn't need to decide between you and his wife.

Take control of your own life. If you don't want to be an OW, then choose not to be and walk away from the affair now. You'll find out soon enough after if his desire to end his marriage is genuine or not.

Curmudgeon
You'll find out soon enough after if his desire to end his marriage is genuine or not.

It's not, or he'd have taken assertive and definitive steps to do so already.

He's beating-around-the-bush. Not a positive sign!

You have nothing to lose by stepping back, ending this affair, and letting things play out the way they will. Either he will decide his marriage is done and he needs to get a divorce, or he won't. Either way, there will be a decision, which is what you need unless you want to be his OW indefinitely. You're better off knowing NOW if he won't end his marriage ever.

Staying with him and getting deeper into this affair will not help either decision. In fact, staying with him will just make everything worse and will probably make his decision take much, much longer. As long as he has you around, he doesn't need to decide between you and his wife.

Take control of your own life. If you don't want to be an OW, then choose not to be and walk away from the affair now. You'll find out soon enough after if his desire to end his marriage is genuine or not.

I agree with Norajane, I have been in R for 4 years... I have heard all you have... If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have walked before I gave 100%b of my heart.. But I trusted his words, I think he trusted his own words too,, but it s not easy with children involved, I know this sounds crazy, but you rather find out now if he has the strength to D.. I never once question my mm LoVE....till this day I dont.. I know his heart... It is weakness in his character I have a problem with... and you don't see that till its to late...Good Luck...
pelicanpreacher
I agree with Norajane, I have been in R for 4 years... I have heard all you have... If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have walked before I gave 100%b of my heart.. But I trusted his words, I think he trusted his own words too,, but it s not easy with children involved, I know this sounds crazy, but you rather find out now if he has the strength to D.. I never once question my mm LoVE....till this day I dont.. I know his heart... It is weakness in his character I have a problem with... and you don't see that till its to late...Good Luck...

THIS IS THE MOST DEAD ON ADVICE THAT I'VE HEARD SO FAR!

Look deeeeeeeeeeep before you leap for rocks at the bottom of the quarry have a way of jumping up at you when you don't know they're there!

Watch out for those rumors at the office/store. That will definitely put a damper on things for him like a cold shower. He won't be any good to his family or you unemployed. Definitely pull back. No more commuting together or lunching together. The office rumors are rarely ever wrong.

torranceshipman

Read lots of the stories on here...unfortunately it sounds like he's one of many MMs who hooked you in with the 'i love you's', 'togetherforever's', but when it comes to making good on his promises....he breaks them all. I'd willingly bet all my money that he sells that house with his wife and they BOTH move out together to a new house, and the status quo stays JUST the same...because he's NOT intending on moving out on his own but it is a good way of keeping you involved a bit longer, .i.e giving you hope. He'll always come up with an excuse to why he hasnt left his wife. Why? Because he doesnt WANT to ever leave his wife. But he DOES also want the excitement of an A to perk up his life....remember he started off by saying neither of you would make any promises, etc? He clearly realised that wasnt going to keep you involved in an A by promising nothing, so the promises came out....

Also, if he cared about you, he wouldnt be putting you in the situation of risking your job, by having other workers gossiping about you. He wouldnt be giving you damning statistics about the chance of your R not workin out-he'd be tryin to persuade you why it would work out!! He'll stay in the M AND keep you only if you let him, so dont let him!

I'd step out of this situation immediately and end the A, go NC outside of work and say you are 100% there for him when he moves out of that house (which isunlikely to happen!). Don't allow any protracted conversations about 'us' as he'll use any excuse to talk to you again if you've ended it...don't entertain any of that. And try your best to move on, date other guys, set other workers straight that you're not involved...dont sit around waiting for this idiot!

Good luck!

Been there and hear that... different varaition. my xMM said that he had spoken about me to his father.. he said that he prayed to his GOD to forgive me and any punishment to be on him. He too was a devoted father, yet spend his free time with me and not his "PRECIOUS" kids... what a joke it was on me (if he spend his free time with me and not them, how could I think he really loved me) He claims that I was the ONE, but he is not with me right now, because they have to out the house up for sale and they blah blah blah blah

I have had NC for 2 weeks,,, big for us since we spoke, emailed, txt 5 times a day at least. He would spend hrs on the phone with me.

MM want it all and don't (rarely) give what they promise. A are doomed not because there is not some kind of feeling, but because so many emotions and people are involved... get out now and don't look bad... if for odd chance he gets D and THEN he seeks you out then maybe you guys will have a shot, MAYBE.

• Author
isavelives2

Again, thanks to everyone so far. I did write him and email last night and told him I need to do exactly what he asked, I need to step back so he can concentrate 100% on what he needs to do, whether it be stay with his family, or break away and be with us. I did however not completely break the ties, I told him I would be here when he needed someone to talk to, and I would ensure things go back to the way they were at work, so the rumors stop.

I probebly didn't do things as stern as I should have because I also told him he has 3 months to get somethings straightened out in his life, or at that point I will step back completely.

I dont know if he read the email yet, but I did get a text at 6:48 this morning (which I haven't gotten in about a week or so) telling me "good morning, we'll talk soon". My heart sunk when I got that thinking about the email that I sent him.......

That is so hard for me considering, we bought wedding rings together, we booked (and almost completely paid for) our honeymoon already, we did alot of things to get married, so this is really tough. The money isn't the issue, it's just remembering the times we sat there, and picked things for the wedding, and talked about all the details, everything......

HOWEVER, you are all right, when I sit there and look back, it's been nothing but excuses for almost 4 months (he would beg to differ that they weren't excuses), the reasons he has never spent the night, the reasons he hasn't moved out, the reasons we haven't done what we planned to do (going out, dinner, etc), it has been 1 excuse after the next, and the more I think about it ..... the ANGRIER I get.

I hate the fact that at 31 yrs old (oh and I do have 5 chldren with my exhusband, who absolutely love this man and look forward to us being together), and have let myself get into something like this.

I need to get past this somehow, someway, and I need to be able to regroup and let things work out the way they are going to.......

Thanks for listening everyone!!!!

Dark-N-Romantic

You are so wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Yes YOU are wrong.

1) Your still married. People need to stop considering themselves as single if they are only separated with their spouse. This is STILL adultery by all sense of the word.

2) YOU KNEW HE WAS MARRIED! How dare you disrespect another person like that? What gives you the right to engage in an emotional and physical affair with this MARRIED MAN?

You both deserve whatever you get in your lives. What kind of role model do you think you are being with your kids? Do you not know they know what you two are doing and they are basing how love and a marriage suppose to be? There is a correlation between children of cheating and those who grow up to be cheaters?

So, if your hurting now, you deserve it. I hope he is hurting as well and that his wife does kick him out and take the girls from him. He is a bad role model. I will not sympathize with you because you KNOW what you did was wrong and don't say love guided you because love does NOT make you do what is wrong or harmful to yourself or others. I do sympathize with your children and your spouses, no matter how bad they are or not (if they are really that bad, get a divorce and move on then).

DNR

Apparently has little morals has no meaning in this world when it concerns us doing what is right and wrong.

Curmudgeon
I hate the fact that at 31 yrs old (oh and I do have 5 chldren with my exhusband, who absolutely love this man and look forward to us being together), and have let myself get into something like this.

ISL2, this is not to pick on you but to use your situation as an object lesson. A lot of people come here and read, even if they never post. You've just given the best reason in the world for people to NOT introduce their children to potential partners until such time as there is a firm, verifiable commitment AND the other party is totally, completely, undeniably and 100% free and available.

I'm not just talking affairs here. I'm talking any relationships when there are children on either side. Generally the children are confused/upset enough over the end of their parents' relationship/marriage. It just hurts them all the more if the primary parent bounces them in and out of subsequent relationships.

Thanks for opening the door, ISL2. This needs to be said and reiterated over and over again.

I hope your children come out of this whole.

torranceshipman

You picked out wedding bands?! You planned your wedding?? OK now I dont understand. Isn't he married? So why on earth would you both do that? Makes no logical sense whatsoever. This is a messed up situation and it sounds like you believe any old crapola he tells you. It screams 'fantasy world' that a guy would pick out wedding bands with his affair partner! And paid for the honeymoon? Are you insane?! The practicalities associated with HIM being married, needing a divorce, starting over with you, engagement, marriage, becoming step father to 5 kids...believe me he isnt thinkin about the reality of ANY of that, he just wants a ridiculously unpractical fantasy A to escape to for a bit. Clearly there is no reality associated with this scenario WHATSOEVER. I'm not flaming you at ALL but seriously, will you believe anything!? I know these MMs are capable of saying some very well crafted lies to keep an A going, but this? Its really ridiculous.

And you've given the guy another 3 months to mess around and he's currently on holiday with his family having fun? You know you're signing up to 3 more months of crap and misery-voluntarily. Its hardly an ultimatum, its more like a gift...bet he cant believe his luck that he gets a 3 month free card to carry on the A without any worries. Plus thats 3 more months of your kids getting more attached to a guy that doesnt really give a crap about them.

Honestly, that wedding band story is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board. Pleeeeaase get out of this situation!

Lookingforward

Bottom line...you and he are at different points with your Ms - you have separated and filed for D, he isn't even separated yet, and may never be.

• Author
isavelives2

Ok, so here's where I am today..... I talked to my aunt for 4 hours (she works for a physcologist), and she talked me through my crying spells, my making excuses for him, everything.

SO when he called me tonight, I told him flat out : "I am doing what you asked, I am stepping back from us completely for 3 months. I do not want to talk about "us" or our family lives.... I want to go to work, and come home from work" I can't do this this way anymore. If we are on the same page with this relationship, and you trully think we are meant to be together, than in the next 3 months you will have time to make the toughest desicions you have ever had to make". I also told him, I will be here when he needs to "vent", but that where it ends. He has 3 months. I also told him that if he trully doesn't think he is going to seperate and file for divorce in that amount of time, then he needs to "Let me go completely".....

I don't think he knew what to say, he got really quiet with me, and said he loved me, and that he is very thankful that I am willing to give this to him so he can get his **** together. We will see...... until then, I am taking everyone's advise, and backing away. I know how I feel for him, and I know that over the next 3 months that will not change on my part, but I can't be his "yo yo"...... I just need to go back to being his friend........

And for those that condemned me for my situation, I am sorry if you don't completely understand....... I NEVER intended on this happening, I AM trying to make it right, and that's why I feel I stumbled onto this board last night, is to help me get the strength and the courage I needed to do what's right. I have been seperated 2 yrs, and filed for divorce awhile ago, my H and I have worked things out between us, and I felt it was time for me to move on when I met MM. I was not ever looking at getting involved with him, so please don't criticize me for making a wrong desicion, I am trying to make it right!!!

If you love him, set him free. If he comes back to you he was always yours, if he doesn't then he never was.

Just always remember that, because that is all you can do.

Why do the OPs always talk about the MP "letting them go"?!!!! No one can hold you where you don't want to be!!!

Other than that, you said nothing different to him. You are STILL giving him three months to do nothing more than fence sitting. You will NEVER be able to go back to just being friends, no matter what you are thinking right now.

IMO, you want to end the A, but not the R with him. You want to do what is right, but for yourself. As they say, "the heart wants what the heart wants". But you are going to have to deny your heart for a season. This situation is no good.

Wedding bands? A Honeymoon already paid for? LMAO. Is he a Mormon?

Dark-N-Romantic
Wedding bands? A Honeymoon already paid for? LMAO. Is he a Mormon?

Now he is the jerk and the jackbehind. The poster would have to be the mormon for putting herself in this situation and willing to put up with the whole thing. You know the kind who know they are doing wrong and chose to stay there until they are proven right.

DNR

Chrome Barracuda

Wow 5 kids! one soon to be ex husband and she's already lining up some schmuck who is already married to be her kids stepfather. but first she have to divorce?!

WTF? talk about sloppy business.

That's kinda reckless trying to introduce the kids to the OM your not even divorced yet, matter of face the MM!! is still married!!!!

What I think happened is this man is the reason she left her marriage for. She wanted him so badly she told her husband the usual bs. now she's trying to get the MM to join her, which may not happen. it's sad.

Lookingforward
Wow 5 kids! one soon to be ex husband and she's already lining up some schmuck who is already married to be her kids stepfather. but first she have to divorce?!

WTF? talk about sloppy business.

That's kinda reckless trying to introduce the kids to the OM your not even divorced yet, matter of face the MM!! is still married!!!!

What I think happened is this man is the reason she left her marriage for. She wanted him so badly she told her husband the usual bs. now she's trying to get the MM to join her, which may not happen. it's sad.

I don't think so - not if she has been separated 2 years and only met the MM early this year......... but whatever, seems it floats your boat to think otherwise....

I don't think so - not if she has been separated 2 years and only met the MM early this year......... but whatever, seems it floats your boat to think otherwise....

More thinking, less assumption would be good...