Threats

mistresswchildren

mistresswchildren

Dear God! When sh** hits the fan, it hits the fan. I have no idea what is going on, but I have been receiving threats from an anonymous person via e-mail. They are outright death threats threatening the lives of my children and me. There are only TWO people, besides myself, that know about my situation well enough to write these e-mails. It was either the xMM or the W. It is completely unsettling, and I'm not sure what to do about it. I was originally going to go to the police, but then last night, I was kicked out of my account. When I tried signing back in, I was told that I had insufficient credentials. I ended up locking myself out of the account, but that also means that I have locked anyone else out of the account. I am now worried that someone is really trying to mess with me and my kids. What do I do now? I have contacted the correct people to try to resolve the issue, but if someone did this they have probably already deleted the proof that I had about the threats. One positive is that I showed two of my friends the threat. One of them is in criminal justice and has taken courses on criminal psychology. He said it read as if it was coming from a man. This makes me question just how sane my ex is. If anyone knows anything about computers, I would really appreciate some input.:(:(

whichwayisup

Did you look up the IP? If so, you can do a search and find out the ISP and contact them to let them know you're being harrassed, that is hopefully if you can get back into your email account.

Hopefully others will be able to help you with the techy part of this..

Sorry that you're going through this - Try not to panic - I know easier said than done. Maybe go stay at a friends house for afew days..

bentnotbroken

I don't know about computers, but it could be someone that either of them told also. I am well aware of a person with twisted mental capacity messing with you and your children. I have dealt with that kind of crap too. I would inform the police even without proof, get something on record and then switch accounts. Tell a trusted friend about what is happening and document everything.

• Author
mistresswchildren

Well, as far as I know, no one has this new address. Neither of them should have any idea where we live. I'm just going to have to hope that that is true. I typically delete all my sent e-mails after a week or so, so the e-mail that I send out to my family with my new address in it should be deleted. It is just one of those violations of privacy that gets under your skin. I think that without the "break in" I wouldn't have been as worried about the threats. I would view them as idle, but someone seems to be out to get me. It upsets me. I have no idea what is going on. If I can get back in, and IF all the evidence has not been deleted, I will check the IP as soon as I can. The issue is whoever is doing it seems to be smart because it looks as if they have forwarded it a few times from several different accounts, thus making it difficult to track. I'll keep you updated, but I probably won't rest very easy tonight.

I would call the police. Those e-mails will still be accessable to the folks at hotmail even if you can't get at them. They'll also have more detailed identifying information on the sender(s) than will appear on the mail headers alone.

Even if the emails have been deleted, the ISP should have backup copies of them on their server. Report it to your ISP as well. The dates of the emails to them and what you can remember of the return domain name. And report it to the other domain as well as threats would be a violation of any use policy.

Too much drama for me, though.

You really need to contact the police RIGHT NOW! They have an Internet fraud department that can figure out where these emails came from. If you have any friends that can stay the night with you for a few days then call them and get them over. I hope you are safe. Good luck.

Dear God! When sh** hits the fan, it hits the fan. I have no idea what is going on, but I have been receiving threats from an anonymous person via e-mail.

You save up those messges, contact your internet service provider. The email "headers" will have a date, time, and an IP address associated with them. The ISP should be able to contact the ISP of the other party and find out who used that IP during that time and boom, you have them. And you can press charges and it will be a federal offense.

You also could contact the FCC.

GO TO THE POLICE!!!

Tell them about what's gone on, share the emails with them, ask them for help...this is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

Give the police your full assistance and work with them to go through your internet provider and the email provider to identify the source...and PRESS CHARGES.

This is serious...don't blow it off.