Space and then finale

showupbutbroken

Well, space has lended itself to my MM finale. I saw him briefly at work yesterday and through personal counseling, he has made great strides and is happy again. He was thankful for the space from me to be able to figure it all out. It was so great to see him happy and sad at the same time because I know I must say goodbye. As the curtain closes on my story, thanks to everyone for all your advice, thoughts, well wishes, wake up calls, etc.

I cried all night last night but am forcing myself out today with a friend for lunch. I am trying to get the puffy out because this friend shouldn't know about my pain and my MM situation. I will probably break down again tonight though. I guess just the typical stages of mourning though. Don't fall in love with a MM, even one that ends up separating. The pain he would have to go through for a divorce would have been more than my MM could have handled anyway. For the record, over our 2 years of an EA, we never slept together (close but never did). And right now, I am very thankful for that. I know he never had 100% of me then, just 100% of my heart.

I say, Thank God you didn't sleep with him!! At least you can walk away knowing that he never got THAT precious gift from you. And he will always wonder... what would it have been like? But he will never know. You will be the one that got away.

And now, you are heading out into the unknown, into uncharted waters... exciting adventures await you in your future - the possibilities are endless!! While he must stay stuck where he's at, and deal with the same ol' same ol'. Personally, I'd much rather be in YOUR shoes!

• Author
showupbutbroken

I am sure in a few days or weeks, I will be glad for my shoes too. For now, I am a cleaning machine. I got back from lunch and decided to clean out extra clothes in my closet to take to a soup kitchen by my house. I have also hung paintings I have been meaning to get to and cleaned things that have needed cleaning for some time. I am tired now but keeping the pace because if I stop, I know the tears will come back. And having everything clean at the end of the day will make me feel good, productive.