:mad:Thank you all for the input to my first post. I don't know what to do my mm has left his wife. He is living with his brother. We have been seeing each other for 2 1/2 years. Of course I am madly in love with him. We see each other maybe once a week. We have a long history together. Been friends for over 15 yrs. Proably why we are so comfortable together. He used to work with my ex. Thats the big problem he says because of all his family knowing be they would never except us. I don't know what to do I can't get over him. I have been to therapist after therapist with no help.

I keep hoping he will see they would except us of course not right away.

My thoughts are he is going through alot right now just leaving her and all.

I try dating and going out but no one compares to him. He is also living 3 streets away from me right now. I don't know what to do about my situation. I have tried not calling him but I always give in after a few days. I believe I am addicted to this person. I know he cares about me and even loves me. All though he wont admit. He is always trying to push me away. I just don't know what to do with these feelings. I know the affair was wrong. I would appreciate some suport and suggestions.

Thank you. Please don't be to mean because know one can punish me more than I do to myself.

GreenEyedLady
My thoughts are he is going through alot right now just leaving her and all.

I try dating and going out but no one compares to him.

I believe I am addicted to this person. I know he cares about me and even loves me.

All though he wont admit. He is always trying to push me away. I just don't know what to do with these feelings. I know the affair was wrong. I would appreciate some suport and suggestions.

Everything I say is not to be mean, but meant to help you see the situation for what it is. I don't care if an A is right or wrong, it simply "is."

He is going through alot. And so are you.

You need to go out and date, whether you think about him or not. You need to feel like you're out of the A, because you are. Stop comparing. Think about it like you're meeting a new friend, not like your interviewing for a husband.

Addiction suggests that you don't have a choice in the matter. Your life is full of choices. You have the choice to not call and go out and move on or to give in and call him.

Now the last part suggests to me that he is an obsession to you. You say that he loves you but he won't admit it? When a man truly loves you, he can't wait to tell you he loves you, he can't wait to be with you, he can't wait to do things for/with you. Especially after 15 years of knowing you. If he wants his space and is pushing you away, stay away.

It hurts to feel rejection, but why would you want to feel it every time you contact him and you get the feeling he wants you to go away? Respect his wishes and don't contact him. If he wants to continue a R with you, believe me, you won't be able to keep him away.

Take care of yourself, keep yourself busy with friends and begin the process of moving on. Right now you're going nowhere and life is so full and worth living without all the feelings that you're describing.

Goodluck!

(((HUGS)))

If you want to "get over him"...or more specifically, get over your ADDICTION to him...you need to break off any and all contact with him...period, end of discussion, forever.

Otherwise, you'll remain exactly where you are right now, forever.

I believe I gave you the exact same advice in your previous thread. You might reread that and see what else you can glean out of it.