Emotional Affair Question

Thought I'd pitch this to all who are in these things.

Can you be involved in an EA and not know it? I know it takes two people but can someone whos in a relationship (not married) be attached so someone else and the person he/she is attached to, not know it?

Can you be involved in an EA and not know it? I know it takes two people but can someone whos in a relationship (not married) be attached so someone else and the person he/she is attached to, not know it?

Sure, why not? Many people don't realize what they are in, doing, or feel. It's normal to not be aware of it as well. It's not so much being in denial--it's just being unaware because you might not had experienced these feelings before. It's like being in love with someone--you might be in love, and have these weird butterflies and such, but might not know why or what these feelings are that you are having. Then one day you might realize "wow, I am in love with this person," and such.

Are you not sure if you are in an EA?

• Author
Sure, why not? Many people don't realize what they are in, doing, or feel. It's normal to not be aware of it as well. It's not so much being in denial--it's just being unaware because you might not had experienced these feelings before. It's like being in love with someone--you might be in love, and have these weird butterflies and such, but might not know why or what these feelings are that you are having. Then one day you might realize "wow, I am in love with this person," and such.

Are you not sure if you are in an EA?

There's a guy I personally know that's attracted to me and I thought he was over me due to having a girlfriend. Well I wasn't aware that he was still attracted to me until one of my friends recently said something to me about it.

He's using his gf as a cover up so no one suspects anything but he clearly wants to start something and is willing to settle for an EA.

WTF??? is going on here?

There's a guy I personally know that's attracted to me and I thought he was over me due to having a girlfriend. Well I wasn't aware that he was still attracted to me until one of my friends recently said something to me about it.

He's using his gf as a cover up so no one suspects anything but he clearly wants to start something and is willing to settle for an EA.

WTF??? is going on here?

And you are single, and he knows this? I have always thought that guys become intimidated by a girl they really like--especially the younger guys with less experience with dating.

These younger guys also avoid asking the girl out because they may feel he is out of her league.

Have you tried talking to him, or has anyone tried talking to him about these feelings? Are they obvious feelings?

Of course.. I'm sure there are lots of MMs out there that are very attached to me and I don't know it.. ;)

• Author
And you are single, and he knows this? I have always thought that guys become intimidated by a girl they really like--especially the younger guys with less experience with dating.

These younger guys also avoid asking the girl out because they may feel he is out of her league.

Have you tried talking to him, or has anyone tried talking to him about these feelings? Are they obvious feelings?

I'm not available and he knows this.

I haven't tried talking to him about this and as far as I know, no one else has talked with him either. In fact many of my girlfriends don't like him and I don't know why. Our personalities click but maybe this is why they don't with this crazy crap going on.

Yeah you can tell I've been busy with work. Normally I'm aware of this stuff but I have tunnel vision right now. I'm preparing for a very important presentation which he happends to be a part of. Go figure. :rolleyes: But he's not the only one so I feel a little bit better about it.

• Author
Of course.. I'm sure there are lots of MMs out there that are very attached to me and I don't know it.. ;)

Someone has an ego this evening. :laugh:

Someone has an ego this evening. :laugh:

Always.. I should have used 'EGOTISTIC' instead of Lizzie60.. :laugh: