New Year, New me

This past week has unexpextantly been very hard for me. MM asking how I feel about him and then we had a little argument. Then I emailed him and revealed my feelings for him, and now he's ignoring me? Why is it that Men seem to Always ignore a woman when it's too much for them to handle?

Anyway, I wasn't planning on going out for NYE since I am moving Very soon and have a lot going on with packing and all. Well my friend Begged me to go out with her and promised me I'd have a good time. I'm all for having a good time, and so I though "what the heck?" I got dressed up and went out.

Well guess what? I met someone! Talk about randomness. We exchanged phone numbers and after I move in and get all settled, we will have dinner. I am very happy about this--it couldn't be a more perfect time. We chatted all night and when the ball dropped, we hugged.

I just hope he has no baggage with him--such as a wife. I also hope that he's mature enough to date a 26 year old woman because it seems that most of them men I meet and the ones my friend's meet, seem to be too immature to date woman our age and older.

:love:

First of all - Happy New Year to you, Gwyneth!

Next -- Yeay for you! It's already a good start for you, isn't it? I bet you were glad you went out! I too, sure hope there isn't any baggage with this New Guy.

All the best and do keep us posted on the New Guy - that is if you want to!

Oh and good luck with the moving! :)

Good for you. If this turns into something you will be even more pleased with yourself that you waited to have a full on PA with the MM. I wish you well in the new year with your new interest!

BTW- I came across this the other day & thought of you: "I love men, even though they're lying, cheating scumbags." Gwyneth Paltrow

I have to admit, I feel the same way about men. Ha Ha.

• Author

BTW- I came across this the other day & thought of you: "I love men, even though they're lying, cheating scumbags." Gwyneth Paltrow

I have to admit, I feel the same way about men. Ha Ha.

haha, Gwyneth Paltrow is my inspiration :) I was named after her (mom loved Blythe Danner).

Thank you Ms. Red and lyssa :)

This year is starting well with you. I hope that he's mature too!!!!Because us women, don't have time for babysitting.

Well guess what? I met someone! Talk about randomness. We exchanged phone numbers and after I move in and get all settled, we will have dinner. I am very happy about this--it couldn't be a more perfect time.

Gwyn - if both of them come back in the affirmative, which one would you choose? Or would you want both?

whichwayisup

That's great. I hope you really mean this about the new guy and are willing to give him a chance.

So, I hope if and when he writes you back you make sure he knows it's over, that you've changed your mind, even if the feelings are there, that it would be best not to pursue the affair or take it to the next level.

• Author
Gwyn - if both of them come back in the affirmative, which one would you choose? Or would you want both?

That's hard to say, because I don't know the new guy that well yet. He might be a psycho or something, ya know? So ask me again after my first few dates ;)

However, if new guy turns out to be a prince charming, then obviously I'd go for new guy. MM lost his chance, and he will suffer :p I can't help if he cannot admit his feelings and handle my answers. :o

Ah so any updates yet on the New Guy? I know I know... it's only been a day or two... quite excited for you!

• Author

Well he called me and wished me good luck with my move. We will probably go out next week. Somewhere in the city (NYC). I have a feeling MM isn't out of the picture yet--we have unfinished business, but my primary R focus will be on new guy :)

Gwen, you and your MM wont have any unfinished business if you finish it!!

I'd have given my right arm (well not really but you get the picture) to meet a guy that I even find attractive on NYE let alone exchange numbers. I have am guilty of thinkng/feeling that my MM is the only guy on earth for me!! Now this new fella may be nothing but a welcome distraction from your MM, but embrace that distraction with both arms and enjoy!!

I have am guilty of thinkng/feeling that my MM is the only guy on earth for me!!

Your MM, or the guy he pretended to be?

This past week has unexpextantly been very hard for me. MM asking how I feel about him and then we had a little argument. Then I emailed him and revealed my feelings for him, and now he's ignoring me? Why is it that Men seem to Always ignore a woman when it's too much for them to handle?

Anyway, I wasn't planning on going out for NYE since I am moving Very soon and have a lot going on with packing and all. Well my friend Begged me to go out with her and promised me I'd have a good time. I'm all for having a good time, and so I though "what the heck?" I got dressed up and went out.

Well guess what? I met someone! Talk about randomness. We exchanged phone numbers and after I move in and get all settled, we will have dinner. I am very happy about this--it couldn't be a more perfect time. We chatted all night and when the ball dropped, we hugged.

I just hope he has no baggage with him--such as a wife. I also hope that he's mature enough to date a 26 year old woman because it seems that most of them men I meet and the ones my friend's meet, seem to be too immature to date woman our age and older.

:love:

I think that's great that you meet someone, Congrat's! Sound's like a fresh start for you! Best of luck!

AP:)

Its good that you've met someone who is not a MM. Or, at least as far as you know. See there are single men out there.

As far as the MM goes, its finished business as long as you say it is.

• Author

Thank you, all :) As for MM, I am not finished with him. I still haven't spoken to him since we last saw each other on Saturday, and since then, I sent him an email with the answers to his questions--how do you feel about me. I gave him the answers and now he isn't responding. Of course we argued about it at first, and now I do have "some" regrets about how I handled the situation, but you know, he's a big boy and needs to own up to his mistakes. I am extremely appalled by his childish behavoir. I will be seeing him this coming Saturday and hopefully he and I can straighten out whatever the problem is. Why do I Want to do that? Well because I have to deal with him at his job, and I don't want to feel uncomfortable around him.

• Author
Wow Gwen, you think his behavior is childish. Isn't that what some of us have been saying about his treatment of his family?:confused: You are a smart girl and I think you are starting to see somethings that you don't like too much. Keep your eyes open.

Thank you, BNB. That means a Lot coming from you :)

Yeah, I am keeping my eyes open. No matter how over we are, ignoring me is not necessary. He didn't hear the words he wanted to hear last week so he's reverting back to his juvenile behavoir. I won't stand for it, and I am so tired of men acting this way toward women. I thought maybe it was just me, but I often hear my friends complain, and also other women on here, complain how the man is ignoring them. These men need to realize that it will only drive a woman to craziness when they are ignoring us.

:sick:

• Author
Could it be that he has done some of the same things to his wife when he didn't get his way? Usually behaviors don't start with one person, they are a pattern that they use throughout life. Maybe this would explain some of the things she does. If she has had to learn to live with a man who acts like a child when he doesn't get his way, then maybe she has developed a thick skin and some retaliatory behaviors of her own. Just a thought.

He's generally juvenile. For example, he said that a customer of his didn't give him a Christmas gift this year like he always does, so he isn't going to do this guy any more favors. I told him to get over it lol. It seems that when he's disappointed or doesn't get his way, he becomes a child. I wonder if this is what he's doing with me. Either way, I will see him either Saturday or some time during the week next week when I pass by his work.

I won't tolerate this kind of behavoir and I will keep bugging him until he gives me answers. That is just the way I am whether it's a former lover or a friend. I do not like being ignored by someone who I gave a lot of my time to.