I knew this time would come

The hurt and anger have subsided somewhat with time, and now I am left with the sadness.

I know I'm better off without him. He was a selfish man. It was a costly affair for all involved. Everyone has suffered. Everyone will continue to suffer.

I still remember the good times we have though, the love and friendship we once had for each other, but it it over, it is done.

I'm going to allow myself to grieve the loss of my child, my relationship, but I will not deny myself happiness or beat myself up incessantly. I'm going to perform "review", but do it the way Rona Subotnik advised and limit it to one hour a day, so I don't drive myself crazy over it.

I am better off now, I've learned a lot and 2008 will be a good year for me. I can feel it.

I just needed to let that out. I don't really want advice, I just want to let people who have been in the position I am right now know that it does get better, you will get stronger, but it takes time.

Good for you for taking the control back and also giving yourself permission to be sad and miss him, miss what you had - And even more so for knowing that you don't want him, ever.

I hope 2008 is a fantasic year for you! Enjoy your life, you're young and have alot of living to do still, so don't let this b@stard get you down!

On a side note, I am sorry again for your loss. That just takes time, but if at some point you feel that part is difficult to move through, don't be afraid to seek some grief counselling. My bestfriend lost her baby at 5 1/2 months, she did that counselling and it definately helped her cope better.

• Author

Thanks, WWIU. I'm going to be OK. I do see a therapist, and I have been for a year now. IT's not grief counseling, but she does know me well, and I'm working through my issues. I know it won't do any good to deny the pain or pretend like it didn't happen. I got sad when I found out Jamie-Lynn Spears was pregnant, and she was 12 weeks...she got farther in her pregnancy than I did. But I will get there, and I'm not going to let him affect me...he is a miserable, sad man...I feel worse for him than I do for me.

I do have a lot of living to do. I have gotten to the point where I felt life wasn't worth living (not over him, but I suffer from depression and have attempted suicide), but I hope NEVER to feel that way again.

• Author

Thank you BNB. I have my religious issues, but sometimes it does give me comfort to think maybe there is someone who cares...someone greater than myself. When I'm not too busy being angry and resentful. :)

Chrome Barracuda

I'm sorry k.

You sound like your in alot of pain. Hopefully things in 2008 will go right for you and you'll be able to move on with your head held high. Those memories will not suffocate you any longer and you will live.

Alot of people think I'm an A**hole but I care, just a little too much. I care about marriages, I care about honesty and real love not having sleazy affairs while your wife is at home taking care of your kids.

I dont mean to come down hard on anybody here at the shack. But it's tough love.

I wish you the best!

• Author

Thanks for your concern, CB. I did have a rough year. A lot of it was self-inflicted, I admit it. But I have learned, and I'm going to move on. I'm not going to beat myself up or think I'm a bad person. I know I'm a good person, that did a bad thing.

I am in pain...but I am hopeful.

GreenEyedLady

(((HUGS)))

Good for you for being able to mourn your loss and begin to move forward...You are a special woman and you will one day find that special man with which to share your life...You are in my prayers...

GEL

KC I think you've had a tough year, but also an awesome one. It's made you who you are and who you are is someone you should rightly feel very proud of.

• Author

Thanks so much, everyone! I really feel pretty good, all in all. I am having my moments. I went last minute Christmas shopping with my friend, and we went to a Carter baby outlet, and I burst into tears in the middle of the store. But I felt better after I let that out. It will be that way for a while, over many things.

Happy holidays to everyone!

GreenEyedLady
Thanks so much, everyone! I really feel pretty good, all in all. I am having my moments. I went last minute Christmas shopping with my friend, and we went to a Carter baby outlet, and I burst into tears in the middle of the store. But I felt better after I let that out. It will be that way for a while, over many things.

Merry Christmas! Allow yourself to feel your emotions! You will make it through!

(((HUGS)))

[COLOR=#00009f]May the pain you have known and the conflict you have experienced give you the strength to walk through life facing each new situation with courage and optimism. ~ author unknown[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00009f][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00009f]I thought of you when I read this quote... Just know that you are a strong, amazing, beautiful person. I think everything happens for a reason, and while right now it's hard to see what that reason was ~ you are making the right decisions in moving on. I know that you will be happier and healthier in 2008.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00009f][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00009f]Merry Christmas!! ((hugs))[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00009f][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#00009f]Sincerely, CMC[/COLOR]

I'm sorry k.

You sound like your in alot of pain. Hopefully things in 2008 will go right for you and you'll be able to move on with your head held high. Those memories will not suffocate you any longer and you will live.

Alot of people think I'm an A**hole but I care, just a little too much. I care about marriages, I care about honesty and real love not having sleazy affairs while your wife is at home taking care of your kids.

I dont mean to come down hard on anybody here at the shack. But it's tough love.

I wish you the best!

God, this post was so nice to see.

((((Hugs, Baby, hugs))))

Merry Christmas and a very, very, happy new year. It WILL be better!

Hi Chia,

I posted on this thread yesterday morning and I see it's not here now. I bet when I press the send button I'll see my old post, lol.

Anyway, I was just going to say you're doing great and I am so proud of you:)

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!