And I thought I was PO'ed...

So my MM left to go back to work today. I thought I was p*ssed that he came all this way and didn't have time to see me...Well get this; he's not going home for Christmas!!! What's his excuse? Business! Of course! He'll be about 1 hr flight from home, but he's decided to be with friends for Christmas instead of his family.

I didn't ask, but I get the feeling that something isn't going well at home. A few months ago he told me that he promised his wife he'd be home (for good) at Christmas. Well not only is he still working abroad, but he's not even going home. Despite being an aweful MM/husband I know he really loves his kids, so I have a hard time seeing what would keep him from being with them. I wonder if she's leaving him...HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

So my MM left to go back to work today. I thought I was p*ssed that he came all this way and didn't have time to see me...Well get this; he's not going home for Christmas!!! What's his excuse? Business! Of course! He'll be about 1 hr flight from home, but he's decided to be with friends for Christmas instead of his family.

I didn't ask, but I get the feeling that something isn't going well at home. A few months ago he told me that he promised his wife he'd be home (for good) at Christmas. Well not only is he still working abroad, but he's not even going home. Despite being an aweful MM/husband I know he really loves his kids, so I have a hard time seeing what would keep him from being with them. I wonder if she's leaving him...HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Well.. I get that he's not seeing you or his family... just his friends?... Ouch!

He should be with you instead of being with his friends if he doesn't want to be home with his W....

Maybe I misunderstood your post.. :confused:

• Author
Well.. I get that he's not seeing you or his family... just his friends?... Ouch!

He should be with you instead of being with his friends if he doesn't want to be home with his W....

Maybe I misunderstood your post.. :confused:

Well, I suppose if we talked "distance" it would make more sense. He's half way across the globe from me while he's at work and at the moment he's going half that distance for another business meeting (which is near to his 'home'). So in other words we are regularly VERY far from each other (which is probably a good thing).

I don't expect him to spend the holidays with me. Afterall we are only in a EA at the moment - just friends kind of a deal. PLUS, unlike him, I'm going home to see my family which is also far in the opposite direction of where he is going.

His excuse for all of this - not seeing me, his family, etc is business. Which I accept, running an international company with big problems is very time consuming job, but really, no Christmas at home?