The MM, OW and travel..

outofdarkness

Would any of you be willing to share your stories of how you might have used your MM's reward points and/or frequent flier points or companion passes? If so, do you have to show ID for companion pass? How can I tell be looking at the statments if this is so?

How many of you pay for your own travel should you travel together, and how many of your MM's pay for you?

Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to explain...ood:confused:

Hurt & Alone

I do not have anything to share as far as stories but, I would suggest to contact the company the miles are with because each of them have thier own rules on how the miles are distributed/used.

I can't really help with that. Back in the day when we met in another city he was working in, he always paid for hotels (using a separate bill to add the 'extra person' so it didn't turn up on his works account), I always paid for my travel. i.e. all his works account would show was a one-person occupancy. But that wasn't to avoid detection, simply because he doesn't use work to pay for private matters!

I am going to PM you however OOD, because there is a site where you can get a lot more help than here on tracking tips, advice, etc.

PM,

I read your post on the other forum and didin't reply, because I really didn't belong there. It is quite easy to transfer points to others accounts, and the airline company will not give you any information on anyone, companion flyers do have to show idea and athe name is printed on the iternary (will not show on statement if he didn't want it to), however if he is in anyway smart, he just transfers points, that way there is no paper trail. I understand from another post that you think it is someone at the school and not at his work, if this is the case it will be easier to find (if it is someone he works with, it will not be that easy) way to many ways to lie about why the transfer happened can be made up. PM I know a great deal about the travel thing, my mm and I use eachothers points, ect all the time, and we rarely meet in the same state twice. I was also an Exec. assistant for a few years so I know all the in's and out's. If you need any help or information let me know, I can answer questions and help you pull the files. and for what it is worth, in your other post about Friday travel the other girl was right nobody stays Friday night (leaving on Sunday, yes). and IMO he is not taking the OW to the retreat this weekend, unless his whole company knows about her, or it is someone he works for, Everyone would know who was with him, that is if there is a company retreat (and my company, which is pretty big, doesn't pay for spouse to fly, only to stay) I could write forever on the topic, but, why don't you just ask what is on your mind. Good Luck to you and I hope you are doing OK!

Sorry for all the errors above, my computer is doing that thing when I type it doesn't show anything for 2-3 min later, anyways. I wanted to tell you two more things

1> When you use flyer points to take another person, the charge will not show on the statement and as for the Itinerary, you can have it posted on two differnt ones.

2> Most business people that I know that have an OP use a "ghost card" the get a credit card sent to the office, have the company name address and phone number, you would never know about this card, and this is the one they use for OP, they make sure it is always a comapny expense, what most do is schedule meetings where they and OP will meet, then when the meetings are over they go out with OP and just make it look like it was the client. Pull a credit report for ghost card, though if you ask about it, he will just say it's a company card.

• Author
outofdarkness
PM,

I read your post on the other forum and didin't reply, because I really didn't belong there. It is quite easy to transfer points to others accounts, and the airline company will not give you any information on anyone, companion flyers do have to show idea and athe name is printed on the iternary (will not show on statement if he didn't want it to), however if he is in anyway smart, he just transfers points, that way there is no paper trail. I understand from another post that you think it is someone at the school and not at his work, if this is the case it will be easier to find (if it is someone he works with, it will not be that easy) way to many ways to lie about why the transfer happened can be made up. PM I know a great deal about the travel thing, my mm and I use eachothers points, ect all the time, and we rarely meet in the same state twice. I was also an Exec. assistant for a few years so I know all the in's and out's. If you need any help or information let me know, I can answer questions and help you pull the files. and for what it is worth, in your other post about Friday travel the other girl was right nobody stays Friday night (leaving on Sunday, yes). and IMO he is not taking the OW to the retreat this weekend, unless his whole company knows about her, or it is someone he works for, Everyone would know who was with him, that is if there is a company retreat (and my company, which is pretty big, doesn't pay for spouse to fly, only to stay) I could write forever on the topic, but, why don't you just ask what is on your mind. Good Luck to you and I hope you are doing OK!

Thanks for the info..You really helped me to understand some things..I understand about transferring points now, and how easy it is to transfer points to another's account...Also, regarding my thread about an OW at the school..There have been ow's before at our kid's schools, but there are ow's everywhere...He is an addict..If you were to ask him, he would say he has no idea how many there have been, what there names were, etc...So, I was really just asking in general about the reward points..I know that at least there have been emotional affairs at work..Don't know about the physical part, although I highly suspect because addicts are risk takers, and having an A with a subordinate at his co, as high up as he is, would be the ultimate risk...Noone would touch him, but the subordinate would be fired immediately..I know of at least one person at his co. that this has happened to...Don't know for sure if it was because of him due to the fact that she was known to get around w/ the MM's...

Re: The OW at the co retreat...I suspect that he took this OW thinking that he was going to leave me, and introduced her as his GF or W...and that he would never have to explain, as I would never show up at anything b/c we would not be together...That is the scenerio that makes the most sense to me given the picture on his desk and all...He would't worry about it because they would never lay eyes on ME!!! Things just don't always turn out the way you THINK they will, do they? I imagine he found himself in quite a spot when D day arrived, I received a letter from the main 10 year OW, and all was exposed...I am quite sure that he did NOT expect to be married to me when all of it came out...Hope I made sense...Thanks again for the support and advice...ood

Hurt & Alone

Maybe you should make yourself known to his co-workers. Show up at work for lunch or a break and introduce yorself as his wife. It may say alot if you receive strange looks and if it is someone he is working with sees you they may think twice about the A.

If you make yourself known at company you will not get strange looks, most people that work in the company's see this way to often and stay out of it (sorry to say that) Nobody will think bad about you, trust me, NOBODY WILL THINK BAD ABOUT YOU! but, they will not involve themselves in anyway with the business of you two.

Story: one of the people in office had to go to vegas for a show, he went to a strip club (very shady strip club) Next morning I get a call from him, he is freaking out, says to me, I did something really bad please help me, He went to the srip club maxed out his Credit card on sex and drugs, but he used the wrong card, he didn't use the ghost card, he used his debt card, his wife checked the bank in the morning seen all of the charges told him to get on a plane right now, me being the good little assistant I am, callled the company had all the charges taken off and resubmitted onto his other card before he got home, so all he had to do is lie, no harm no foul.

• Author
outofdarkness

I mean made myself known at his office..Recently, our daughter and I had to go pick up a check...He was out of town..Let me just say that it was not money that he was happy to give up..He didn't tell me that I would have to sign for it..VERY EMBARRASSING!! Noone had any idea who we were...He changes offices every so often b/c he travels so much and doesn't need a "permenant space", so I had to ask which office was his...The young girl that was standing in the cubicle next to his office looked puzzled and a bit alarmed when I asked which office was his, and that I had to pick up a check...Admittedly, I was nervous and a bit edgy..I hated being there, again not knowing what in the world he's told these people, or who else has been there to see him...Our daughter and I proceeded to head to his office to look for the check, when the receptionist came running back to tell us that she had it ready for me to sign..In the mean time, the pretty young woman in the cubicle, had rushed into his office looking panicked to see what in the word we were doing in his office..It was awkward and very uncomfortable..Our daughter also noticed the stares and strange looks...

So, I used to know everyone for years at his former place of employment..We socialized quite a bit and attended many formal functions including much travel...It's been at least 5 years since those days..I had nothing in common w/ the people at his "fun" job where he just basically just sat, played, made no money and let this start up company pick his brain...So, I never saw them..The co. that he is w/ now is based in another city...Basically, he just keeps an office here..He can work from anywhere...I do know a few people that work there just from being a native of our city...The rest are strangers...We don't go to the co. Xmas party, or conferences, etc...We don't go to lunch anymore like we used to..I don't WANT to be around him in these situations b/c I never know who he's been with..I'd rather fly under the radar...If he's cheating, and I'm sure in some form, he is, at least I can say that I have done nothing but stay quiet and take care of my family...I am NOT going to make a fool out of myself anymore by sticking by his side at functions like everything is ok while everyone knows what he's doing and laughs at me...I just won't do it again...Yes, it's true, the W is always the last to know...

Thanks again for the advice...As I said, I will consider going if the two things that I mentioned earlier can be worked out...:o

Impudent Oyster

(((OOD)))

I'm just thinking here...can you afford a PI? If not, is there anyone who can do surveillance for you?

I just get the impression that your husband is really, really, a bad guy and needs to be accountable. I'm sorry if that offends you.

If he lived near me I'd follow him!

• Author
outofdarkness
(((OOD)))

I'm just thinking here...can you afford a PI? If not, is there anyone who can do surveillance for you?

I just get the impression that your husband is really, really, a bad guy and needs to be accountable. I'm sorry if that offends you.

If he lived near me I'd follow him!

I will pm you to tell you what was suggested to me in place of a pi...as I can't afford one any time soon...ood