I met the ex gf of my husband and im jealous..

smoochygirl

My husband and i just recently got married last year. Im jealous of His ex gf for 6 years. They live together for at least 2 years. This other women used to be a model but was never successful. Last week i was at the bar with my husband, i saw this pretty women, blond hair and tall but a little bit chunky. She really caught my attention. My husband told me that the girl I'm looking at is his ex gf he is telling me about. I was in shock. I told my husband that he can say hi to her and i don't mind it (deep inside i was hoping he would not do so because i am already extremely jealous just knowing she is right there in front of us), Well as soon as this women saw my husband she walk toward us and talk to my husband. By the look on her face she was very shock when my husband introduce my as his wife. She started telling me that my husband mom is very nice and she always stick to her whenever she and my husband fight. I just think that she shouldn't even reminisced her past with my husband in front of me. Then she keep inviting us for dinner with her husband of-course as i don't want to be rude i said yes hopefully someday but I'm not planning any special dinner with her. what should i do to stop this jealous i just can't get over it.

Not_That_Innocent

What exactly are you jealous of and is it rational? Are you jealous because she's attractive? Are you jealous because she used to be with your husband? Jealousy = fear. What are you afraid of? Answer that and you will likely find that your mind is just being irrational and that you have nothing to fear.

As far as her talking about your MIL - it was probably just a way to get through a tough conversation, you know, small talk. If she's married, too she probably didn't mean any disrespect.

whichwayisup

You are his wife, she is not only his ex, but already has a husband.

Sorry to say this, but I think you're letting your jealously, insecure feelings and anxiety get in the way.

You have to trust your husband. Do you trust him? Or do you think he's going to be stupid and take the plunge and cheat on you with her?

Talk to your H but don't turn it around on him...This really is your issue UNLESS your H is doing something obvious (like talking to her/seeing her/emailing her often) to make you wonder WTF is going on. But, until then, you need to give him the benefit of doubt.

I told my husband that he can say hi to her and i don't mind it (deep inside i was hoping he would not do so because i am already extremely jealous just knowing she is right there in front of us),

How could he not say hello to her when she saw him? I mean if she hadn't seen him at all, then yes, no need to go say "hi", but she came over WITH her husband...So, he wasn't going to be rude and not say a word to her.

Try not to worry and just know that YOU are the one with the ring on your finger, married to him. NOT her.