Should I stay or should I go?

lickitysplitss

I met a guy who I have a lot in common with: we always have a lot to talk about, have similar political views, and enjoy a lot of the same outdoor activities. The catch is that he's in a relationship of 6 months and I have a crush on him. I don't want to lose a friend but also have no interest in interferring with his relationship.

He mentions his girlfriend from time to time, I'm not sure if he wants to put some distance between us by noting that he's taken or if he's really nuts about his other half. Even so, I'm never sure what to say when he tells me he'd rather spend time with me than out with a group.

I imagine his behavior will be the best indicator of all as to whether or not he's the kind of person I want to have as a friend but still I wonder if I should hang around...

Don't try and split up his R. If you get involved it could mean all kinds of heartache.

He isn't available, so you either deal with that and remain friends, or if you can't cope with that, you may have to consider forgetting about him.

I think it speaks a little about what kind of guy he if he would rather spend time with you than with his GF, or with his other friends.

There is nothing wrong with preferring the company of individuals over large groups, but I know if my BF was spending more time with another girl (friend) than me, I would not be happy.

If he is really worth it, and if he is into you, then he will do the honourable thing and break up with his GF before pursuing you.

Accept nothing less.

It's hard to say... if I were you, I would just go with the flow and wait... if he's interested he'll make a move.

Just be friend for now...don't read too much into it... he might just be friendly (charmer).

PoshPrincess
Don't try and split up his R. If you get involved it could mean all kinds of heartache.

He isn't available, so you either deal with that and remain friends, or if you can't cope with that, you may have to consider forgetting about him.

I think it speaks a little about what kind of guy he if he would rather spend time with you than with his GF, or with his other friends.

There is nothing wrong with preferring the company of individuals over large groups, but I know if my BF was spending more time with another girl (friend) than me, I would not be happy.

If he is really worth it, and if he is into you, then he will do the honourable thing and break up with his GF before pursuing you.

Accept nothing less.[/quote]

I agree, particularly with this last line. I am hoping you wouldn't consider less anyway but remember you are worth far more!

• Author
lickitysplitss

I agree. As in my initial post I'm not interested in interferring with his relationship; they're hard enough without some single minx meddling:rolleyes:.

Good call Lizzie60.

PoshPrincess
I agree. As in my initial post I'm not interested in interferring with his relationship; they're hard enough without some single minx meddling:rolleyes:.

Good call Lizzie60.

Well done Lickity! Glad to see you have more strength that some of us lot! ;) Keep up the good work!