MW accepts ring from H

I have told my story, but I will recap:

I have known MW for 5 years. I work with her, but not in the same office. Quick friendship followed by EA by early 2006 Two kids (7-10), and one verbally abusive H. MW has been going to therapy for over a year, and it is helping her with her guilt issues.

Push-pull over the last 1 1/2 years. Mentioned D to H in January 2007. At that point, H became the model husband for a month, then reverted back to old ways. During that time, MW said that she would give H the chance he deserved. By March 2007, MW interested in D again, and has been making serious plans to do so. MW told me that she would serve H papers by September 2007, and was through with marriage.

Well, last Friday, on H's birthday, H called MW at work, and insisted that MW go to lunch with H. Well, at the lunch, H provided long sob-story letter, cried the whole lunch, and gave MW 3 1/2 carat diamond ring.

MW e-mailed me about lunch, and said that she was very confused. I stopped to see MW that afternoon at her office, and she was wearing the ring, and four times said, "It is beautiful, isn't it?" I grimaced each time, and she did say that it didn't mean anything to her. I later e-mailed her, telling her that it upset me that she accepted the ring. MW then told me that the ring means nothing, and she is still on with her plans to D.

What does everyone think? I think she shouldn't have accepted ring from H, and told him at the very least to hold on to it, because the marriage was pobably not going to work. Or, when I did see her, why did she not have it stored away in a box or something?

Now MW is upset that I would think that the ring would cause her to reconsider her marriage.

I hate to say this but it looks like she is staying, she would not have acepted ring otherwise. So she is feeding you lies, all cheaters do, I am learning the hard way too:(

By March 2007, MW interested in D again, and has been making serious plans to do so

Serious plans? Like what?

Has she seen a lawyer? Has she discussed financial matters and custody with her lawyer? Has she been looking for a place to rent where she will be near the kids' school? Has she been getting estimates from movers on moving her stuff? Has she figured out a budget for the first year? Has she TOLD her Husband?

If she hasn't done those things, she's not making serious plans. She's not doing anything. She's living with her H and accepting diamonds from him.

I hate to say this but it looks like she is staying, she would not have acepted ring otherwise. So she is feeding you lies, all cheaters do, I am learning the hard way too:(

Sound's to me too as if she plan's to stay in the M. I think your wasting your time on her BKRPM. Excepting a ring IMOP say's to me she want's to make thing's right with H and where would that leave you in the picture?

AP:)

• Author

As for what MW has done so far, she has told H that she is through, and H told MW that he found a place to rent. MW has also told her children already. MW spoke to a lawyer in January, but I don't think she has seen him again. But then, there are periods where MW says that H is being so nice, and that she still is proceeding with D, but MW feels guilty about leaving H.

LucreziaBorgia

I wouldn't believe a single thing she says, until she shows you the signed and notarized divorce papers, all of her H's stuff is out of the house and H has his own place. Words are cheap - especially in these types of situations. Let's see if any of those words actually adds up to something.

• 2 weeks later...
whichwayisup

Her actions do not meet her words. She says she's getting a D, but she has accepted his ring. Unless she's playing a malcious game to screw him over big time and stringing him along until she serves him papers - I seriously doubt she's ending the marriage.

Sorry, I know this hurts you, but it doesn't look she's acting like a person who is on the way to getting a divorce. Again, watch for her actions, not what she says.