Internet dating site for Cheating.

Have you ever heard of a site called Ashley Madison? I ran across this site this past weekend. It bills it's self as a Dating site for cheating. men and woman in relationships post ads requesting sexual partners. There are a few ads by signals. But by far the ads are for both men and woman who are bored. You place your ad with all your sexual preferences such as just phone or cyber sex, bondage, Blindfolds, oral sex or threesomes. Most of the ads I read by women said they just want a little something extra on the side. They want to remain married but get a little sexual excitement back in their lives. Most of the wives seem bored a great many say they have their days free.

A guy with a night job could spend a lot of time in the suburbs just going from one lonely housewife to another.

I don't work for Ashley Madison. Just thought this was an interesting twist on cheating.

Yup that's old news ;)

Not sure where you are but in Canada there were tv infommercials and everything. pretty sick!!! :sick::sick:

Have you ever heard of a site called Ashley Madison? I ran across this site this past weekend. It bills it's self as a Dating site for cheating. men and woman in relationships post ads requesting sexual partners. There are a few ads by signals. But by far the ads are for both men and woman who are bored. You place your ad with all your sexual preferences such as just phone or cyber sex, bondage, Blindfolds, oral sex or threesomes. Most of the ads I read by women said they just want a little something extra on the side. They want to remain married but get a little sexual excitement back in their lives. Most of the wives seem bored a great many say they have their days free.

A guy with a night job could spend a lot of time in the suburbs just going from one lonely housewife to another.

I don't work for Ashley Madison. Just thought this was an interesting twist on cheating.

Thanks Topper !

I'll look into it :)

• Author

I have an Idea Ashley Madison started in Canada. I did notice a lot of listing from the Great White North. Maybe those long winter nights just give people more time to think about a little romantic Trieste on the side.

So do you think there is more affairs going on out in the suburbs then we realize?

People like that will get what they deserve in the end. And STD, AIDS, whatever.

Only problem, they will take their unsuspecting spouse/partner down with them. Pathetic people.

• Author

Lots of cheating going on out there. I don't wish Aids or an STD on anyone. I'm not here to moralize or Judge.

With more and more woman in the work place we see the number of woman having affairs in the work place climbing. m Think about it most Americans spend more time at work then they do at home with their family. The average work week isn't 40 hours it is closer to 50 hours. Add in commute time and average of 45 min one way and you have a long week. We have maybe 6 hours a day with our family in that 6 hours you have chores to do. fix dinner and even prep to get ready for work the next day. Does that leave much time for a family life? Does that leave much time to be with your spouse? You are spending more time with a co worker then you do with your wife. they even have names for people who are close to each other in the office. You have an Office Husband or an Office Wife.

No wonder so many people in the office start cheating. The office isn't the only place that these affairs are happening. More stay at home Mothers are also reporting have some kind of affair out side the marriage. they are now home alone for 10 to 12 hours in a day. the husband come home he is beat from his job and emotionally unavailable to her. She feels rejected and neglected. Her resentment builds and he now also feels rejected and neglected. The stage is set. A moment of weakness and there you have it, someone is finding some comfort outside the home.

Sites like Ashley Madison are just a reflection of the things that are going on around us.

I have an Idea Ashley Madison started in Canada. I did notice a lot of listing from the Great White North. Maybe those long winter nights just give people more time to think about a little romantic Trieste on the side.

So do you think there is more affairs going on out in the suburbs then we realize?

I believe it's a Toronto based agency..but there are zillions of sites like that on the Internet... even the one that don't specialize in 'affairs' have tons of married people registered....ex. Plenty of Fish, Lavalife, etc.

• Author
I believe it's a Toronto based agency..but there are zillions of sites like that on the Internet... even the one that don't specialize in 'affairs' have tons of married people registered....ex. Plenty of Fish, Lavalife, etc.

lots of married people are trolling on the internet. No question about that.

Ashley Madison, is the only one that I know of that says it is a site for people who want to have an affair. I know there are other sites like adultfriendfinder. but what you se there are a few woman who are looking for an affair or just looking for a sex partner. A lot of pros using the site to attract new clients.

Trialbyfire

OP, while you might not work for the site, this thread is a form of promotion for it.

Are you attempting in some way to justify cheating? I hope not.

One point I would like to make is that back in the days when a greater number of men were cheating, who do you suppose they cheated with?

PandorasBox

Yes, I have heard of Ashley Madison. I have also heard of another too, I think its the same sort of thing, it states extra marital affair website.

I don't even know why, a site would bother saying its a site for cheating. If people are going to cheat, they're going to cheat, period.

lots of married people are trolling on the internet. No question about that.

Ashley Madison, is the only one that I know of that says it is a site for people who want to have an affair. I know there are other sites like adultfriendfinder. but what you se there are a few woman who are looking for an affair or just looking for a sex partner. A lot of pros using the site to attract new clients.

AM is not the only site to promote infidelity or affairs... just google 'Internet Infidelity Sites' or Cheating sites... LOL

Yep, Ashley Madison site was on the news here not long ago. About how a wife caught her husband on that site. She gathered all the info she needed, and busted him, exposed him too. He was teacher if I remember correctly. had it on the news, he was on there, his face was blurred out and his voice. They were asking him questions. Of course he was very sorry for what he had done blah blah blah. Not really, I'm sure he was just sorry he got caught.

Yep, Ashley Madison site was on the news here not long ago. About how a wife caught her husband on that site. She gathered all the info she needed, and busted him, exposed him too. He was teacher if I remember correctly. had it on the news, he was on there, his face was blurred out and his voice. They were asking him questions. Of course he was very sorry for what he had done blah blah blah. Not really, I'm sure he was just sorry he got caught.

Aren't you the newlywed? How come you're spending so much time on LS? Does your wife knows you post here? Does she read your posts?

Aren't you the newlywed? How come you're spending so much time on LS? Does your wife knows you post here? Does she read your posts?

Yes.

There are days I work from home, and come on here.

Yes, she knows I'm on here. And yes she reads my posts.

We just had dinner, and I'm finsihing up some work on here, and stuck my head in LS door. :)

But thanks for asking.

RecordProducer
Aren't you the newlywed? How come you're spending so much time on LS?
People start with the Dating section; then move to the Getting Married. From there they move to the Marriage forum, to Infidelity, and finally the Divorce forum. Luckily, they go back to the Dating section again afterwards. :laugh:
  • Author

I am not promoting cheating. the Fact is those that wish to stray are going to stay. i just see a whole new dynamic going on. When you here a term such as "Office Wife" or "Office husband" Often this is in a joking manor. Denoting a man and a woman who work closely together. Those two often spend more time together then they do with their wife or husband at home. No wonder office affairs are way up.

We as a society on one hand promote monogamous relationships . While on the other we promote that we need things to make us happy. The more things we have the happier we are. To get these things we have to work harder and longer. The longer we work the less time we have for a home life the more stress and distance develops. We become dissatisfied with the lack of quality time with our mate. People start looking for other sources of happiness. We are a selfish people we went what we want.

Why are so many of us so unhappy at home? AM could not exist if people were happy with their home life. if their emotional needs were being met. If divorce were a disease in this country it would be a major epidemic.

• Author
People start with the Dating section; then move to the Getting Married. From there they move to the Marriage forum, to Infidelity, and finally the Divorce forum. Luckily, they go back to the Dating section again afterwards. :laugh:

Is that the LS circle of life?

this is most likely a scam and money making vehicle for someone.....i doubt few people answer those ads and its probably mostly desperate males.

What I don't get is, if it's a known site for cheating there were even commercials for in on TV then who in their right mind would post a picture of themselves on there looking for an A???? That doesn't sound too discreet to me at all. it sounds retarded actually!?!?

I was so shocked that they would do something so blantantly disgusting when I first saw the adds for it on tv.

Soo true! Thanks for the giggle. :laugh:

Craigslist has casual encounters. H and I troll it occasionally to see how crazy the posts are. There are always people there looking for "discreet" fun. Once there was a guy who stated he was married and posted his picture. I mean come on, how bad do these people want to get caught.

• Author

I'm single so I did post an ad on Ashley Madison. In the past I have had profiles on other dating sites match and true,com. true claims to screen out married people or with a criminal background.

Here is the thing in less then 3 days I have had 5 woman e mail me. 3 claiming to be single and two who are married and looking for some fun.

This is the best response, in the shortest time I have even gotten from a post on a dating site.

By the way, I won't knowingly have an affair with a married woman again.

I'm single so I did post an ad on Ashley Madison. In the past I have had profiles on other dating sites match and true,com. true claims to screen out married people or with a criminal background.

Here is the thing in less then 3 days I have had 5 woman e mail me. 3 claiming to be single and two who are married and looking for some fun.

This is the best response, in the shortest time I have even gotten from a post on a dating site.

By the way, I won't knowingly have an affair with a married woman again.

If you don't have affairs with married women, then why post an ad on AM?

I have an ad on there too but I haven't been there for months... as soon as a woman posts an ad... men can see it's a new ad..they come flocking with messages... it's insane... I find it too much work... LOL

• Author

Why did I post there? Some part of me was intrigued by the whole idea. You might call it a test. There is also the little bit of an ego boost. It feels nice to have a woman drop mea line makeing first contact. It could also be a little naughty guilty pleasure. The Idea of having another man wife if I really wanted her. You could say that I am a student of sociology. Human behaviour is fascinating. I have been reading and giving a lot of thought to what the true nature of marriage is in The United States and how did we get here.

One thing the struck me is that in the US once an an Affair is discovered by the wife chances are the marriage will end in a divorce. If a husband finds out about his wife cheating there is less of a chance the marriage will end in divorce. Why is that?

In France and other parts of Europe an affair is seen as a rough patch that can most likely be over come. There is far less divorce over infidelity then in the US what is it about our attitudes that makes it something that can't be over come? As more woman enter the work place more are cheating. the numbers are almost as high as men cheating and this is in less then 10 years. Yes opportunity is now there, you still need motivation.