Is it really over or just beginning?

I'm sorry for all of you who have been cheated on. I know how much it hurts cause it's happened to me several times. But I find myself on the other end the the relationship this time. I met this girl at work, and we kind of hit it off right away. But she had a boyfriend and one of our first conversations was how I could never be the OG and she could never cheat on her BF. So we never expected anything to happen like it did.

It started with us hanging out after work, we sat in her car and listened to music and talked for hours. We'd sit on the phone for hours on end, hell one night we were on the phone for 6 and a half hours until I just needed to go to bed.

Anyways, She's been with him for the last two years. Yet there not like that happy couple that always sees each other and were just "fighting" when we met. I know because I've actually seen them. As she puts it they are an old cranky couple, they rarley talk for more than a few minutes and never see each other because the live at opposite end of the state, but within driving distance. I've met some really a**hole BF but this guy is by far the worst. No one deserves to be treated the way she does.

After the last six months of "seeing" her, we've became really close. She was always calling me and wanting to hang out, and well you know. She even came out and said that she doesn't love him anymore but she loves me and was going to break up with him. But because of whatever you want to call it, her mother overheard one of our conversations and kicked her out of the house for a lot reasons not just for what she was doing with me. She has no family around where we live and all her friends are away at college. So her choices were limited to living out of her car or moving in with him until either her mom lets her back or the summer when her best friend comes back. I still live with my father and he wants me out even more than her mother so staying with me isn't an option.

So for the last three weeks she's been staying with him. Now he actually knows about me because she told him one night that she was confused and needed time to think about who she wanted to be with. That and he also knows my phone number from their cell bill, which was like every other number on the bill. So I can't call her while she's living with him because he'll find out and give her the boot and she won't have a place to go.

So right now I don't know what to do. I've never been so miserable in my whole life, I haven't stop thinking about her since she left which is insane because I've never been stuck on a girl like this before. She called me and came over about a week after she left because she was in town, oh yeah he lives about 2 hours away from where I do. And she told me basically the same how miserable she was without me. She said that I needed to be strong and if we can get through this we can get through anything, and to look at it like she's just going away for a semester.

I guess what I want to know is if she really feels the way she said she does about me then how can she put the both of us through this? What is she going through?When the time comes for her to came back, will she still feel the same way about me even though we won't even be in contact until then? Is there anythng I can do or say so that we can still talk even if its just through e-mail, cause not having her be a part of my life is killing me. Is it over between us and she just couldn't break my heart by telling me?

Anyones opion would be greatly appreciated, I just can't stand feeling like she left ten minutes ago when it's been three weeks now.

addicted2love

The waiting to hear from her is the hardest part. If she doesn't love this guy and he is as you say the biggest jerk you've ever met then I would think that living with him would be miserable for her. Give it time. Fortunately you are both young and not commited by marriage.

I think that if she loves you and misses you and truly doesn't love the bf anymore then in time things will work out between the two of you. Also be prepared if it doesn't. She might not be telling you everything involving her life with the bf.

Are there any colleges or universities near you? It's possible she might be able to sublet for a few months, or rent a room in a house. Check Craig'slist for rooms to share. I assume since you met at work, that she has a job that would allow her to pay for some rent.

Or...can you two get a place together? I usually wouldn't recommend it for new couples, but her current situation seems pretty bad.

If not, then you just have to take one day at a time. How things will turn out between you depends on the strength of your relationship - you seem to feel both of you really want to be together, so hold on to that thought.