txt messages...

I'm not for certain, but I think text messages only show up on the phone. You can call the cell provider and inquire for about it.

Why were you wondering if the W can see what the H is doing? Perhaps the H is doing something he doesn't want the W to know about? If thats the case, she will know at some point anyway. Just a thought.

outofdarkness
Hey, does anyone know if the content of text messages is available online or if it is just on phone? Can it be accessed by W if she is on shared account with H?

yes, she can access it if it is a shared act.

The messages are not available, I went through this already. The numbers and times are available, that really all you need to get started. Look for times when you weren't around and your S/O spent ungodly minutes or hours on the phone.

This is how I found out about my EX cheating. I finally went to a phone booth and dialed the number she was texting to, and the person that answered was the person I suspected.

Cheers!

The actual txt only appears on the phone. Once its deleted its gone. The bill will only show the number , date and time.

If MM's cell phone account is only under his name, does wife have access to it? I don't ever remember my bill showing the phone numbers that I've texted messages to. It just shows how many messages and the fee incurred.

If you can get hold of the phone you can read deleted text messages. So if they reckon they have nothing to hide and are willing to hand over the phone and someone feels they can become a bit of a techy it is possible.

Search on a well known search engine for "retrieving deleted text messages". I'm sure you could find something useful, so someone else could find it as well if they were that way inclined.

Also I send most of my text messages via my laptop using the mobile phone software so if someone else uses it they could be read from there as well.

Verizon now prints the to and from number on the bill for all text, photo msgs...not the messsage but the incoming and destination number.

Hey, does anyone know if the content of text messages is available online or if it is just on phone? Can it be accessed by W if she is on shared account with H?
Verizon now prints the to and from number on the bill for all text, photo msgs...not the messsage but the incoming and destination number.

Thats who we both have Verizon...And that what is shows the number , the time, date...I really wish it didnt...Would save us alot of headaches

I expect cell carriers will start providing more and more detail....the only way to maintain any privacy is going to be the "pay for minutes as you go" type cell phones. They're expensive, lot of trouble but somewhat traceless. But even with that...at some point we all get caught no matter how secret. Wish I hadn't felt so invincible eight months ago!!

Thats who we both have Verizon...And that what is shows the number , the time, date...I really wish it didnt...Would save us alot of headaches
I expect cell carriers will start providing more and more detail....the only way to maintain any privacy is going to be the "pay for minutes as you go" type cell phones. They're expensive, lot of trouble but somewhat traceless. But even with that...at some point we all get caught no matter how secret. Wish I hadn't felt so invincible eight months ago!!

I know about getting caught...Been there done that...Soon I wont have to woory about that anymore...( I hope) :)

I know about getting caught...Been there done that...Soon I wont have to woory about that anymore...( I hope) :)

As wise man would say...

Don't do it, and you won't get caught.