Found lip gloss in husband's car -- it's not mine!

I found lip gloss in my husbands car and it's not mine, I confronted him and of course he said it was mine and he found it under the seat, IT"S NOT MINE, how do I go about this?

Oh, man. If he'd said, "Oh, you know, I gave So and So a ride the other day. It must be hers," you could relax.

Now you're gonna have to play Nancy Drew.

Could it be a guy's--you know like lip balm rather than gloss? Just don't want you jumping to conclusions needlessly.

I found lip gloss in my husbands car and it's not mine, I confronted him and of course he said it was mine and he found it under the seat, IT"S NOT MINE, how do I go about this?

Used car? Maybe it ws the prior owner's?

He said he found it under the seat. Where did you find it when you discovered it?

Did he say he "thought" it was yours, or did he definitely state that it

"was" yours?

Let's say I am a truly innocent husband and I found a lip gloss under the seat that I can't explain. I'd probably assume it was my wife's, and toss it in the change tray or console, and if my wife saw it, I'd say "I thought it was yours...", or "isn't that yours?" So not that this proves anything, but I have to believe that this explanation is at least consistent with an innocent story.

When you told him it wasn't yours, did he dodge, hem and haw, stammer or anything? Again, if I were an innocent husband, the next thing I would have done was to take a moment and think back to who might have been riding in my car over the past months/years... Did he get defensive at all?

And I agree - used car or new? Do you ever drive it, if so, have you ever given a ride to female friends?

There are several possibilities, for instance....I work with several girls and regularly go to lunch with them which results in me car pooling 3 or 4 people around in my car to head out to lunch at least 2 or 3 days a week. One of them could drop such an item. We go out with friends on the weekends and often car pool so we are in one car, one of our friend's wives could drop such and item. Are there any kids in your family....if so could have been on of the kids. There are several options it could be and unless you have other reasons to believe so I would not be so quick to assume he is automatically screwing around on you.

A kid toy emerged from under one of my seats - and there's been no kids in that car for a couple of years plus I've had it professionally cleaned more than once. So I agree; - there could be a lot of explanations.

CrushedOrgans

he could really have thought it was yours because he doesn't know why it's there either.

but, if he is trying to convince you it's yours when you know it's not, i think that is strange.

he could really have thought it was yours because he doesn't know why it's there either.

but, if he is trying to convince you it's yours when you know it's not, i think that is strange.

I don't think one lip gloss incident means he's cheating. I find things in my car all the time that I don't remember having brought into the car. VERY few other people ride in my car.

One time I found a sparkly hair clip (I NEVER wear them!) under a seat. It turned out it was my best friend's, only it was from about three years ago!

Unless your husband starts acting wierd in other ways, I wouldn't worry too much about the lip gloss.

Signs he's cheating?

He starts dressing completely differently

Starts spending looooong hours at the office...or starts doing weird work hours (evenings, weekend)

You find hairs (not his) on his clothing

He can't meet your eyes when you're talking

Sex suddenly drops off....or suddenly increases

He is on the computer a lot, and diminishes the screen or clicks away from teh screen when you walk in the room

Takes his phone calls outside or somewhere with the door closed

I lost my Palm PDA once, and I was so sure it was in my car that I ransacked it several times over the course of weeks. Never found it. I was so annoyed that I had lost it with all my data on it.

Then one day, about 6 months later, I just found it sitting in the back on the floor. Somehow it had been hiding and broke loose.

A few years ago I found a watch in my hideabed sofa that must have been there for YEARS. And the sofa had been searched, and opened and closed many times since the watch was lost. One day, it just dropped out.

So I agree, if the presence of the lip gloss is the ONLY thing, it ain't nothin'. How old is the car? Did he buy it new? Has it ever been legitimately ridden in by anyone who might have lip gloss?