First appointment with marriage councelor.

madamdragonfly

madamdragonfly

Hey all...hope you have managed a good holiday season!

I made it through mine with some joy...and lots of positive thinking and deep breathing, lol. I think I will attribute that to the first visit that we had with the councelor. It's good to have somebody to give you ideas on how to handle the invading thoughts and bitterness.

Our first appointment was waaaaay different that I had expected. He made us sit facing each other and I don't think that I realized how long it had been since I had actually looked into his eyes. Painful and yet very theraputic. I had to face his demons head on and he had to face my pain and tears without the distraction of looking out a window or at his hands.

I figured that it would be a session of "this happened" and "that happened" and I expected to have to sit and listen to him blame it on everything other than what it was in the name of "fairness". Was I surprised when the councelor jumped all over him for trying to play the victim. Of course, he also got on me for asking unfair questions too...all in all, I think the man knows what he is doing and I feel confident, for the first time, that this might help my marriage heal.

Well, I just wanted to share someting positive this time. take care and I wish you all a good day.