Anyone ever thought of a new marriage ceremony

sylviaguardian

sylviaguardian

Something the last poster said made me think: is there anyone out there who survived an affair and then went on to renew their wedding vows?

If so, how and when did you do it?

We've not done so, but we did buy new wedding bands to replace the ones that we'd lost over the years.

And, we've agreed to renew our vows two years from now on our 20th anniversary. We've selected a VERY nice wedding set for then, and will renew our vows with those.

ThumbingMyWay

I took my wife to Chicago for our 10th wed aniv in Sept 2004. Of course this was a few months after d-day 1, she was still in her affair at the time, although I did not know it.

Anyways. I got her a 3 diamond 10 year aniv ring, set up a super quick thingy at St James downtown. Email the pastor a few weeks prior and and he let me speak my new vows to her. I thought it was very nice and romantic, cause we were in this small chappel, that reminded me of a cave with columns and stuff craved out...kinda midevil, but cool...she made the comment that the renewal was one sided....cause it was all my doing and my own new vows to her....but she was very surprised and thankful

As I think back....it kind pisses me off, cause she was in the height of her A at that time :(

But....I do plan on someday having a REAL wedding renewal.....

D*** Thumbs, that hurts.

MW's A was ongoing at the time of our 15th. I made her a DVD slide show of photos from our life together. Took me hours and hours to go through old albums and scan photos. Added more recent digital and put it to music from our wedding.

I have definitely thought about this Syl and it is something I would like to do. Would rock my world if she suggested we renew our vows.

ThumbingMyWay
D*** Thumbs, that hurts.

tell me about. I sold a small boat and pool table to pay for it.

BUT....she does LOVE the ring and things between us are better now....its just the fact of knowing now what I didnt know then....I had 8 months of deception until d-day 2....so I anyalize alot of what happened in that time frame....

I like the buying new rings idea.. Very cool..

Not to be negative but the vows were worthless the first time around and I would think they really would have heavy thump to them if you made your vows the second time around.. They wouldn't mean much

BUT....she does LOVE the ring and things between us are better now....its just the fact of knowing now what I didnt know then....I had 8 months of deception until d-day 2....so I anyalize alot of what happened in that time frame....

Good to know you realized what you had and made it right !! Always heard that affair can make or break a marriage guess in your case it made it good to hear!!!;):bunny:

slubberdegullion

smacks TMW upside the head

ThumbingMyWay
smacks TMW upside the head

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

not too concerned about the pool table....but I could of used that boat this summer....aaarrrggghh