EA discovered years later husband unrepentant

dollypollylolly

dollypollylolly

He feels he has done no wrong at all.

He saw it as a friendship but I have letters he wrote her going into details of how he wished things where different. Not long discovered. Being very flirty in these letters. He doesn’t see it like that all and doesn’t under stand all the fuss more so because all this time has passed. But it’s all new to me not old and I’m devastated over it.

I’ve asked questions and he has told me he only stayed with her because of his mother doing his nut in?? He told his mother which I find really strange he was an item with her but didn’t have sex with her when staying. He’s adamant he didn’t sleep with her.

If his mother was doing his nut in why didn’t he ask to stay with me for a bit or actually be a grown up and tell her to Butt out of his business.

Plus how do we recover from this as I now have only his word of all of this as we have moved away and have no contact with the other woman. Haven’t had for years now.

I’m stunned over this more so because he had a PA when with his ex wife, not me I might add I came along later.

Do people change for the better or am I better of telling him to sling his hook.

"to do someone's nut in" = "to make someone angry, worried or agitated"

"to sling one's hook" = "to go away"

You really have no way of knowing what happened. But you should assume the worst, because cheating spouses will do just about anything to minimize the extent of their affair. They'll lie and swear on their children's lives, etc.

The fact that he's cheated before suggests that this is a behavior pattern of his. So unless he really has a desire to change and does the necessary work, I think you can assume he's the same person he's always been--a cheat.

If I were you, I'd do his nut in and tell him to sling his hook all in the same sentence.

It's a very worrying sign that he's acting like it wasn't a big deal. He's being defensive and trying to sweep your feelings under the carpet when the right think to do in his shoes is to be spending every waking minute trying to make things right with you.

I suggest printing the following guide out and asking that he read it, then see how he acts after that:

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/365269-things-every-wayward-spouse-needs-know

Welcome to LS....

As to the marriage and EA, how long ago was the events in question and how would you characterize the foundation of the marriage prior to this revelation? I understand you're now looking at history through the glasses of a potential affair discovery but try to be neutral in sharing perspective on it.

As example, was this discovery a shocking surprise in an otherwise healthy and prosperous marriage? Other?

Be aware that there are many adults out there, men and women, who don't consider flirting, ILY's, sharing emotional intimacies, even physical affection, as 'affairs'. I've interacted with dozens of them over the decades and spoken with many more. I added more content to those volumes only recently. Perception is, in general, reality for those perceiving it. Yours, and my, perception on such matters may and likely does differ. The work in the marriage is finding ones way to the middle ground and rebuilding the health of the marriage from a solid foundation. If such a foundation never really existed, IMO don't bother. Plenty of fish in the sea, so to speak. Cut bait.

Your thinking is totally correct...

With the following exception, he is lying to you about everything, it is a certainty.

He slept with her without a doubt. Just like every other cheater he will lie, sometimes when you have actual proof.

The question is, Is he still cheating on you. Answer, more than likely.

It is not that people cannot change, it is that they usually don't.

So the question for you is do you want to stay with him if he does not own up to what he has done, or is you want to be with him at all...

• Like 1

OP, one aspect to consider when making a choice to presume actions not supported by evidence is patterns of behavior. Is your H a predatory male who's always ogling and making sexual comments about women? How does he view women in general? What's his verifiable history? You apparently have some written documents.

As example from my ancient history, when I sent one lady's spouse her love letters and cards, she could have been totally honest in saying she 'never had sex with that guy' (stealing a line from Bill Clinton and changing genders) and that statement would have been global and factual. She didn't. No genital contact at all. Of course, he could believe what he wanted to. She did have, and admitted to, sex with other guys ;)

One choice to decide on is whether this content from the past will rule you in the present. Your call. It's your marriage. The one in my story lasted another 20 years before the lady in question found her perfect exit affair partner (not me) and moved on. I doubt your H is that sinister but of course he could be. Big world lots of people.

How long ago did this happen? I presume you weren't married at the time, because you imply that you were not living together when he stayed with the other woman. What was the status of your relationship back then?

Finally, what has happened since then? Is there a pattern or does this seem like a one time occurrence.

Lots of ifs here: If this was 25 years ago, you were not married, and not committed at the time, its a different scenario than if you were married/engaged/and or committed, and years ago means a couple of years ago.

Yes, he's lying. They slept together. Lying could be because he's an ass, for self preservation, or just because of shame. His behavior since then should give you an indication of which it is. The cheating with the previous Ex does not make this look good.

Edited by Doorstopper

A man who does what his mother says to please her .. Despite the fact be doesn't want to do it...

is a weak spineless one.

It sounds like you're in the UK...so my take in cockney rhyming slang is he's feeding you a load of pork pies... and hoping you'll swallow them.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
dollypollylolly

Sorry for the delay in replying. Internet issues my end. Yes I’m in UK

I sent the link to him as above and another about EA.

He is reading slowly and knows this could be an end to us

We have spoken at length and he sees he was in the wrong here and he is taking on board the hurt but is adamant he didn’t sleep with her at all. That part will fester away I think for me because he stayed over. So I don’t know if I can forgive if that is there if that makes sense.

I need to talk about it and he doesn’t as he sees it was years ago but this is all new through discovery recently.

I’m swinging from telling him we are done to forgiving him, my emotions are all over the shop.

I don't think it matters if they were married when he did this. All that matters is what her expectations of him were when he did this. Is this acceptable to her?

OP - I think a polygraph is the only way to get the truth of what happened back then. If you even want to know. I mean what you already know might be enough to make you want to tell him to go.

Sorry for the delay in replying. Internet issues my end. Yes I’m in UK

I sent the link to him as above and another about EA.

He is reading slowly and knows this could be an end to us

We have spoken at length and he sees he was in the wrong here and he is taking on board the hurt but is adamant he didn’t sleep with her at all. That part will fester away I think for me because he stayed over. So I don’t know if I can forgive if that is there if that makes sense.

I need to talk about it and he doesn’t as he sees it was years ago but this is all new through discovery recently.

I’m swinging from telling him we are done to forgiving him, my emotions are all over the shop.

First off...Cheaters lie, it is just a fact. They lie and lie and lie, until they cannot lie anymore.

So first off, if he stayed over they had sex, if he says other wise, he is lying.

If this is going to reconcile, then the heavy lifting is on him. Not you...

He is the one that has to read the articles and learn how to help you heal, not you.

He needs to read "how to help your spouse heal from your affair", I think that is the title, by McDonald. It will explain what he needs to do. It is a free download pdf.

But understand the if him sleeping with her is a deal breaker, then file for divorce and save yourself the trouble.

Because he did...

• Author
dollypollylolly

We are still together.

We have no children together but I have kids from a previous relationship as does he.

I’m getting annoyed as he gets defensive when I ask questions. I believe I’m in for the trickle truth. All I want is the truth and he isn’t there for some reason.

I’ve given him a deadline which is the 30th December if he doesn’t answer my questions I’m leaving and I will file for divorce. He doesn’t know the latter. I believe he thinks the good wife will back off and stop all this nonsense as it was long ago what does it matter now as we where not married but we where in a committed relationship or so I thought.