After 28 year's of marriage

FallonPeace17

FallonPeace17

I was married for 28 years to a abusive husband. I met a man online I ran away with this man he is a long haul truck driver so I went on a 10-day Journey with him... return back to my hometown. Got my own place. I have seen this man one time since July we text and talk on the phone every day. He is also married. This has ripped my family and the guilt I feel is overwhelming. I am so in love with this man that I don't know how to live without him. He tells me he loves me too but I am not sure ?? Was I just a good time for him ?? He refuses to leave his wife.. and the only time he really makes an effort to contact me is when they are having problems.. I am the one more or less that does all the calling and texting first am I being stupid ??

You are a distraction for him nothing more.

Sorry but this happens all the time.

Like an endless broken record.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
  • Like 1
  • Author
FallonPeace17
You are a distraction for him nothing more.

Sorry but this happens all the time.

Like an endless broken record.

thank you so much for the advice Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator

You're welcome. Your value is worth more than this.

Wisdom sometimes comes at a price. You knew it anyway.

Sometimes hearing someone else reaffirm it makes it a lot clearer.

• Like 1
  • Author
FallonPeace17

Yes it does I had the gut feeling he was only using me but now that I have somebody else's opinion I can finally admit it to myself

Edited by FallonPeace17
Wrong spelling
  • Like 1

As you read through a few you'll see so many in denial of what's really happening.

Some hang on for years refusing to see the truth.

You are way ahead of most.

Good for you. Now go make your life what you want it to be.

• Like 1

Hi Fallon, what do they say about sailors having a wife in every port? Truckies are great at picking up lady travelling companions while out on their runs because it breaks the monotony for them, adds spice and fun at no real extra cost, and at the end of the run they go home to their wives/girlfriends and carry on as if everything is normal. Actually, some of the wives and girlfriends also have fun on the side too, because their partners are gone so long and it gets lonely. Never get involved with a travelling man.

I wanted to ask you how old you are and how many children you have if any? Are you qualified to work? You say your family is devastated over what you have done. Who all are included in your family apart from your husband and children, if any? I would think that you should immediately initiate divorce proceedings and not chase after ephemeral fantasies. Your beau got what he wanted and may want some more down the line. Do not oblige him. He is just a rebound love and there is no essence in it. Stay separate, get into IC if you can afford it, recover from the trauma of your long and painful marriage and then when you feel whole again, look for a decent, kind and loving man to settle down with.

On another note, I want to clarify as to whether you are rewriting your marital history just because you came across this man on the internet? You claim your husband was abusive but you stuck it out for 28 years. If it was so bad then I think the five or ten year mark was the right time to make your exit. At 28 years you may be having one of those so called mid life crisis. You will have to give us a more detailed background if you want a more holistic opinion and advice from the folk on here. Warm wishes.

I'm sorry that this has happened to you...

But yes, you were company for the ride and a little sex on the side. You made an obviously incorrect assumption that there were more feelings and that he would leave his wife to be with you. That is obviously not going to happen.

But, good for you for leaving an absuiva marriage. That is not an easy thing to do. Your life is before you now... What do you want to do for the rest of your life? You can find love again... Just not with this trucker... Take care.

• Like 2