Hoping to turn this trigger into something fun

My husband met his exAP participating in a hobby that took him to the bar once a week. Before marriage and kids I used to go with him. I don't play but always just hung out, had a few drinks, did a little studying. H would come give me a kiss or make chit chat when he was on a break. I stopped going because it just wasn't possible to take a night off with three little kids.

When H told me about the A we agreed that he wouldn't play anymore. It didn't matter that she was no longer there. At the time it was just very painful for me to even think about. That was TWO years ago.

We decided he is going to rejoin. However we are going back to the way things used to be. Our kids are older and can hang with a babysitter one night a week. I will go and hopefully we can turn this back into an "us" thing.

I am still upset that the A ruin something that was such a happy dating memory for me. Fingers crossed that we get it back.

• Like 1

The best way to get over a trigger is to reclaim it for you!!!

I wish you luck!

What game? We go weekly for a quiz game

I still re-read your post about you smiling to your H's ex-AP when you first saw her. Forgive me but I still find it humorous hahaha!!

I am very happy (genuinely) on this update. Seems like you are one of those couples who were able to survive infidelity. Learn from the people's experience here and take everything slowly. The road to recovery will be very long but as long as it is steady and good, it all should be fine.

Like what the person above me said, reclaim it!

• Like 1