I'm an addict of him

Brooklyndreams

Brooklyndreams

Hi everyone. 1st post here. I have been somewhat involved with a guy who is in a relationship. Not married but in a relationship. He started flirting with my heavy on a social media outlet then after about a month in told me he had a gf but that he was very unhappy and i of course chose to believe what I wanted to because well *that* had nothing to do with me and plus I wasn't looking to start anything long term with him because well, he's a cheater so "we" wouldn't work. Well we got together a couple times but for the most part don't get to see each other mostly because of distance and severely conflicting schedules.

Long story short I feel like I am addicted to him. I can't get enough. I know I am the train wreck waiting to happen and will get hurt but at this moment I don't even care. ? He is all I think about every day and the attraction between us is severely high I feel. Like you can all give me all the pep talks in the world, all the " why would you let yourself be disrespected so much" and " if he really loved you or even liked you he would blah blah blah " it doesn't even matter right now. I don't know what to do. I know I should stop contact with him but how can I when I seriously do not want to??

Yeah, you're bragging.

It's not cool, no matter how much you think it is at the moment.

The day will come where you will feel this. I hope.

You get some self control or you don't. Those are really your only two courses of action. No one can help you there.

Mrs. John Adams

If he is in a relationship..you should walk away..period

If he breaks up with her...and is free...thats a different story

perhaps you should contact his girlfriend and ask her what she thinks?

• Author
Brooklyndreams
Yeah, you're bragging.

It's not cool, no matter how much you think it is at the moment.

The day will come where you will feel this. I hope.

a

Bragging? I'm sorry I thought this site was a judgement free zone? A place to come for support? Did I post in the wrong section??

• Author
Brooklyndreams
Yawn. Typical story nothing special. Happens all the time.

Well that was rude. Why bother replying if what you say adds nothing to the topic?

Head on over to the other woman/other man forum. That's what you are is an "other woman".

Spend some time reading some of the stories

-notice how they're all similar to yours

-notice how they all end up

-see what's in your future

Then make healthier decisions

To be honest, if you want to end it but just "can't"....then tell his wife. She'll make sure it ends and he'll dump you like a hot potato and you won't have to worry about being tempted

Save yourself the pain and find a single guy

• Like 1
a

Bragging? I'm sorry I thought this site was a judgement free zone? A place to come for support? Did I post in the wrong section??

Yes. You're in the section where most of the betrayed wives are. So you are unlikely to receive positive replies. You won't receive many positive replies over on the other woman section either but they will relate to you and try to show you why this is a bad idea

Long story short I feel like I am addicted to him. I can't get enough. I know I am the train wreck waiting to happen and will get hurt but at this moment I don't even care. ? He is all I think about every day and the attraction between us is severely high I feel. Like you can all give me all the pep talks in the world, all the " why would you let yourself be disrespected so much" and " if he really loved you or even liked you he would blah blah blah " it doesn't even matter right now. I don't know what to do. I know I should stop contact with him but how can I when I seriously do not want to??

I'm not being judgemental at all, but I have to ask, what is it you want us to say to you? You want what you want, and you don't care if anyone, including yourself, gets hurt. Have fun while it lasts.

Long story short I feel like I am addicted to him.

Forget about him for a minute and think rationally about what you're doing.

You've reduced yourself to booty call status, the side piece in a relationship where he cares about her but is willing to sleep with you when it's convenient for him.

Is that the person you want to be :confused: ?

Mr. Lucky

• Like 1
a

Judgement free zone? Did you think this place was Anytime Fitness? :lmao:

This is a forum for advice, and of course people are going to judge your actions. You're making stupid decisions, and the posters here are going to be straight up about that. But like a previous poster said, you are actually in the wrong section. Head on over to the "Other Man/Woman" forum so you can learn how utterly typical your situation is and how it almost always ends.

• Like 1
  • Author
Brooklyndreams
Yes. You're in the section where most of the betrayed wives are. So you are unlikely to receive positive replies. You won't receive many positive replies over on the other woman section either but they will relate to you and try to show you why this is a bad idea

Then I do apologize for posting in this section.

Just a Guy

Hi Brooklyn, someone else already asked you what exactly you wanted in terms of advice when you've already preempted posters by obviating the likely lines of responses they could offer. So I would like to ask you what kind of answer do you want? Do you want folks on here to cheer you on and say "You go girl" or do you want some serious advice to get you back from the cloud 9 that you're floating on?

If it is the latter then since you say you are addicted to this guy you need to get into some kind of detox program. I would suggest you get into IC to find out what the addiction is due to and address those issues. Otherwise, as you yourself said you are a train wreck waiting to happen. Warm wishes.