LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Been thinking

Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree108Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th December 2017, 2:19 PM   #76
Established Member

Hi Red it's Christmas eve. I do hope you have family close by with whom you can spend the day and celebrate or at least be in congenial company rather than sitting alone at home especially if your stbxhusband is similarly sitting alone in his room. Such occasions can be specially difficult. Hope it works out well for you. Merry Christmas!
Just a Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2018, 6:33 AM   #77
Established Member

Hi Red, now its the New Year. Hope things have been good for you during the past few weeks when it has been a time when folks are celebrating, meeting up, going carol singing, exchanging gifts and so on and so forth. There is a saying 'No news is good news' so I do hope that it has been so for you. In any case the New Year is a time for new beginnings so do make a lot of positive new year resolutions and make them work.

Wish you the very best for 2018!
Old 11th January 2018, 2:36 PM   #78
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guy View Post
Hi Red, now its the New Year. Hope things have been good for you during the past few weeks when it has been a time when folks are celebrating, meeting up, going carol singing, exchanging gifts and so on and so forth. There is a saying 'No news is good news' so I do hope that it has been so for you. In any case the New Year is a time for new beginnings so do make a lot of positive new year resolutions and make them work.

Wish you the very best for 2018!
Thank you. Happy New Year. The holidays were good but tough. His family was here for Christmas, and he waited until they all left to tell them we are separated. I had one private breakdown and said some nasty things to him but otherwise things went well. We had plans for New Years that I told him he wasnít welcome to. I went with friends and although it hurt a bit(first New Years in 21 years without him) I had a great time.
I have been focusing on me and processing all of my feelings surrounding my failed marriage and the loss I feel. I am also still actively detaching from him. Itís funny that I have found it easier than I thought it would be, I didnít realize how much he killed the deep love I have had for him over the past couple of years. So I am working through all the crap and he claims he is numb. I believe that as he is so conflict avoidant that it is very much in line with how he deals with things. So my prediction is that by mid year I will be well on my way to healing and this will just hit truly hit him. Only time will tell. He is traveling next week for work, so I am looking forward to that. For the first time in a long time he is going away and I donít have the nagging feeling of what will he be doing, or who. Step by step I get closer to healing.
Red123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2018, 12:36 AM   #79
Established Member

Hi Red Thank you for responding. I would say that you are definitely well on your way to severing ties with your stbx husband and that, as per your time line, you should have healed enough to be able to look back on everything with equanimity,, albeit with a bit of sadness and be able to move on with your life. Your husband has a lifetime to rue his bad choices but sadly, life throws some unpleasant challenges at us to help us grow and really figure out who we are at the center of our beings. This is applicable to both of you.

Just keep up your good work and keep moving steadily toward your goal. As they say, Time is a great healer and you will find yourself in a happier better place after a while. Warm wishes.
Old 12th January 2018, 3:39 PM   #80
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Guy View Post
Hi Red Thank you for responding. I would say that you are definitely well on your way to severing ties with your stbx husband and that, as per your time line, you should have healed enough to be able to look back on everything with equanimity,, albeit with a bit of sadness and be able to move on with your life. Your husband has a lifetime to rue his bad choices but sadly, life throws some unpleasant challenges at us to help us grow and really figure out who we are at the center of our beings. This is applicable to both of you.

Just keep up your good work and keep moving steadily toward your goal. As they say, Time is a great healer and you will find yourself in a happier better place after a while. Warm wishes.
Thank you for your kind words
Red123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 8:54 AM   #81
Established Member

Hi Red, do hope you are doing well. Please keep updating the forum folks about how things are shaping up for you periodically. Everybody likes a success story and I guess the folks on here are no different. Apart from that, a success story is a morale booster for folks still caught up in their own situations especially those who come to this forum after you. Wish you all the very best going forward.