LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Marriage & Life Partnerships > Infidelity

Guilt pulling me down, how to move ahead?

Infidelity In an affair or suspect your significant other? Share your experiences and concerns here.

Like Tree527Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th November 2017, 8:11 AM   #451

One of the things my fiancee and I have noticed is the stark difference between posters who have sufferered severe consequences versus those who have not. A lot of WS, whose BS stayed and attempt to reconcile, talk about the AP and the affair. Those who wake up in the morning to a empty bed, divorce proceedings, selling the house, splitting the children and dealing with lawyers, do not greive the AP. They have no time. There is no limerance or fog. It is unlikely you will grieve someone, that has destroyed you.

It is unfortunate that some must learn lessons the hard way. The likelihood that this OP would ever cheat again, is near zero. Trying to figure out the why, may be pointless.

Tnose who are deep in the affair, fighting to get out, or dwelling on the AP during reconcilliation, should instead read and say to yourself , "There, but for the grace of God, go I"
Cullenbohannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2017, 2:43 PM   #452
Established Member

Quote:
Have you not yet seen him? in those few cases you did have contact,how was that going,did he reach out ?write a very emotional letter maybe,you open up totally,but really,not to get him back but to tell what is on your heart
If he loves you maybe one day or even in a year,two he might forgive you and you can proove yourself,but now its too early.If its meant to be it will ,but you need to accept most probably this is the end.Not saying you do not regret this,you will maybe even regret till your death but some people see this as a dealbreaker...and if there is a chance its only when time heals the wounds
I have met him few times. He ghosted me after the d-day for nearly 2 months. Came around after that.

He understands logical language better than emotional language, so emotional letter won't work with him. Already did this. Not sure if he read them.

I am changing myself. I have let go alcohol (one of the reason I am in this mess). He always wanted that. He believes in making decisions right. He has made his decisions and won't sway. My head knows this, heart is just not accepting this. I feel he still loves me, he will someday forgive me and give me another chance. And I have to work to earn that forgiveness.
Deepremorse5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 1:23 AM   #453

Character

Hi Deep:

I have followed your thread for a few days and felt compelled to register today and respond with my first post. Should you read this, I hope it helps, as that's my only intention, ....... to help.

1) As you move forward with your life, eventually you will heal enough to get the urge to date again. You can't see it now, but it'll come. Many young women and men, do not fully understand or are aware of the character traits they should be looking for and cherishing in a mate. Simple immaturity in many cases causes young people (and older unfortunately) to kind of overlook people with outstanding character, or take them for granted. Humility, Contentment, Dependability, Grit, Determination and Diligence, Patience, Honesty, Courage, Compassion, Self-Discipline and Impulse Control, Gratitude and Respect are just a few. These are common words, but are not commonly held in people. I can't state it factually, but your comments and peripheral actions and discussion surrounding your ex lead me to believe he valued and carried quite a few of these traits. People who practice and seek to live a high character life are exceptional regardless of how much they make or how successful. Should you place great value on character, the possibility of infidelity is greatly decreased or made nearly impossible in some cases.

Despite his pain, your ex revealed humility, grit, determination and diligence, patience, courage, compassion, self-discipline, impulse-control and respect. Seek to find a man like this again, but give it the importance it deserves. By the way,high character supersedes physical appearance, so that tall Russian you saw in the picture ......... can be swatted away like a fly by a high-character woman. High character can make an ordinary woman look beautiful and an ordinary man look like a king. Once you have someone like this, your recognition of how special they are can help cancel harmful actions detrimental to the relationship. Furthermore, if or when you seek and greatly value living a high-character life, the strongest of bonds will have been made. I know this seems really trite, elementary and boring and I know I sound like a parent but it's the foundation of admiring, respecting and loving another. Seek this in others and become what you seek.

2) To the best of your ability, imagine your husband having a long term affair with your girlfriend (the one you think is pursuing your ex). Because you haven't experienced it for real, but are just imagining it, you'll far significantly short from feeling your ex's pain. Your stomach may have gotten queasy on two occasions, once when you first noticed your friend reaching out to your ex on FB and the second when you saw him in a pic with the tall, beautiful Russian. You've stated many times, your fear of seeing him with someone else. If you feel this way from only SEEING him with someone, imagine how he feels knowing someone someone repeatedly fxxxed his wife. That hurt me just typing this. The emotional pain gap between you seeing someone with him and him knowing someone sexxed you (his wife) for years cant even be comprehended .......... As painful as that is, until you feel it, you won't come close to coming within any measurable distance to where his emotional state was, is and may continue to be some time. It's a hurt that may exceed yours by a long distance. That may help put some things in perspective.

I hope this helps you, as intended. May peace be with you.
Colin Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2017, 2:27 AM   #454
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepremorse5 View Post
I have met him few times. He ghosted me after the d-day for nearly 2 months. Came around after that.

He understands logical language better than emotional language, so emotional letter won't work with him. Already did this. Not sure if he read them.

I am changing myself. I have let go alcohol (one of the reason I am in this mess). He always wanted that. He believes in making decisions right. He has made his decisions and won't sway. My head knows this, heart is just not accepting this. I feel he still loves me, he will someday forgive me and give me another chance. And I have to work to earn that forgiveness.
Then work on changing,he is intelligent so you can not get him by these kind of actions.You can get him only if he sees you are changed not for him but for yourself not him

Last edited by adna89; 13th November 2017 at 2:35 AM..
adna89 is offline   Reply With Quote