In the dark

Any other OWs out there who thought they were dating a divorced man, only to find out he was married?

Or BS' who had this kind of infidelity in your life? I feel like it's one thing to have a WS and an AP who both know the truth about what they're doing (heck, at least there was a morsel of honesty somewhere). But to be a predator and to lie to everyone involved is another level of *******ry, manipulation, selfishness, narcissism, deceit.

Any WS out there who did this who can offer some perspective into what in the actual fck made you think this was an OK thing to do to innocent human beings (your wife and a trusting partner looking for a real relationship).

Some human beings are utterly disgusting.

• Like 5

Hi NTN, you seem badly hurt. Sorry I cannot offer you any perspective but I do wish you all the very best. I am sure there will be others on this forum who can chip in and help you with your question. You may also try posting in the OM/OW sub forum to see if people have perspectives for you. Warm wishes.

Dear NTN

I think you won't find many WSs here writing about their issues. ESPECIALLY the predatorial type you describe. You see there's nothing wrong with THEM. Just ask them. There are many words that can describe such predators but I can say with complete faith that the serial cheating fkr that I'm divorcing is true NPD.

Look that disorder up and set the shark cage up around yourself.

If you've been an "incidental OW" who didn't know, or who was lead up the garden path then it must be rotten.

Keep reading and posting.

Best wishes

Lion Heart

• Like 1

OP,

I had a few dates with two different men before I found out they were both married. I dropped then both like hot potatoes.

BTW these were dates. No sex stuff or swapping spit ;)

I was very disappointed both times as I thought they were nice guys, but of course they weren't :rolleyes:

LonelyInsomniac

Unintentional OM/betrayed fiance here. First fiance.

Disclaimer: I was a dumb 18 year old in an abusive family, and she was a step up from them believe it or not.

Found out multiple horrors at once.

1. She was engaged to someone else.

2. She'd been in a relationship with him for something like 6 years, overlapping with mine.

3. They started "dating" online when she was 11... and he was 7!

4. I was at fault for "snooping" (I wasn't). I messaged him on social media after she told contradictory stories of who he was. He was nice. She wasn't.

Throughout our relationship, she would accuse me of cheating, threaten to legit rape me (there was a size difference in her favor. I started working out), call me names and lied about her sexual past (not to mention, well, most things in general).

After I found out about her other fiance, she cheated on me and replaced me within a couple months. To this day I have no idea how many people she was involved with simultaneously. I just know she hasn't been loyal to a single partner, ever - she kept hitting on me after we broke up.

It was not reciprocated.

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
language~t
  • Like 1