Interesting new novel about an affair...

WasOtherWoman

WasOtherWoman

Just finished reading it, Couple Mechanics by Nelly Alard.

Wow .... Really really good book , has anyone read ?

Just finished reading it, Couple Mechanics by Nelly Alard.

Wow .... Really really good book , has anyone read ?

Here's a review from The Economist - interestingly non-commital, depending on which cultural perspective you're taking into consideration - the British reviewer's or the French author's?

Here's a whole page of recent books from around the world dealing with the same subject on a literary website hosted by the Library Journal.

do you mind spoiling it for me? i started reading it a while back but it was a little too much Pablo Picasso like for me (as in - man enjoying two women fighting over him, Picasso's favourite hobby)... so I kinda gave up. LOL.

• Author
WasOtherWoman

Sure (everyone else look away!) I won't give away the actual ending though here in the open, just in case someone wants to read it.

This was written by the perspective of the BW, but gave a really good look at the inside of a marriage after discovery has happened. It is conflict avoidance at its worst. I started out wanting to punch the MM, then soon really wanted to shake the BS as well. Very soon after that was appalled at the OW's behavior,

As she became extremely persistent and really stalkerish.

It is a really interesting view into how a person's general conflict avoidance can really cause the aftermath of an affair to been way worse on both the BS and AP.

What also made it interesting to me is that it is set in France, which traditionally seems to have a different view than we do here in the US where I live.

• Like 3
  • Author
WasOtherWoman
do you mind spoiling it for me? i started reading it a while back but it was a little too much Pablo Picasso like for me (as in - man enjoying two women fighting over him, Picasso's favourite hobby)... so I kinda gave up. LOL.

Absolutely, between his conflict avoidance, which he directed actually towards both his wife and his affair partner, and what must've been enjoyment in having two women wanting him, I just wanted to scream both at ladies to run like hell.

• Like 1