Saw the OW for the first time...

I saw the OW for the first time since I discovered the A and I SMILED at her. Yuck! Out of all my imaginary 'running into her' scenarios I swear smiling at her never occurred to me.

I was hosting a fundraiser. I have resting b**** face so I was making a huge effort to smile at everyone. LOL. I came around the corner with a bright smile on my face because I could hear footsteps and BAM! There she was... I was so stunned I just kept smiling and walking. She had the nerve to smile back at me.

I swear 5 seconds after it happened I wanted to run back up to her and say "That smile was not for you".....and then shout every dirty word I have ever learned.

Oh well, maybe next time. And I suppose smiling is better than slapping her silly at a fundraiser for my kids school. LOL.

• Like 12

I still wanted to punch my daughters moms EA (PA?) AP in the face, 15 years later. I pretty much made peace with it, until last year, when he tried to shake my hand and be all buddy buddy. I simply said, Dude, I am not shaking your hand. He started to say something, but he could tell if he said the wrong thing, a right cross was coming. He slinked away. I enjoyed that.

• Like 2
I saw the OW for the first time since I discovered the A and I SMILED at her. Yuck! Out of all my imaginary 'running into her' scenarios I swear smiling at her never occurred to me.

I was hosting a fundraiser. I have resting b**** face so I was making a huge effort to smile at everyone. LOL. I came around the corner with a bright smile on my face because I could hear footsteps and BAM! There she was... I was so stunned I just kept smiling and walking. She had the nerve to smile back at me.

I swear 5 seconds after it happened I wanted to run back up to her and say "That smile was not for you".....and then shout every dirty word I have ever learned.

Oh well, maybe next time. And I suppose smiling is better than slapping her silly at a fundraiser for my kids school. LOL.

It was probably more effective than anything else you could have done. Now she has seen that you're totally in control, even under provocation. Win.

• Like 10
Jersey born raised

Yep, actually a healthy emotional response. a BS should never judge themselves by their WS. It is their actual actions in the reaction to the WS adultery that counts. The most painful and necessary is owning your issues.

I recall a poster saying he was surprised his father refused to shake his uncle hand. The father said a handshake was a symbol of mutual respect. His uncle deserved none. I agree. I've been told in the US military a salute is not a sign of submission but a demand to be acknowledged and respected.

• Like 2
Miss Clavel

there are smiles and then there are smiles. if it happens again, and it will, practice keeping your eyes cold. pull your lips back from your teeth.

extra points if you can manage to make it appear that something about her smells bad.

good luck

• Like 3

I've been told in the US military a salute is not a sign of submission but a demand to be acknowledged and respected.

As the legend is told, the origin of the military hand salute originates from medieval times back in the days of the knights.

If two knights in armor would encounter each other and were not intending to engage in battle, they would raise their visor to show their face as a gesture of respect and honor as well as to show they were not aggressive.

Today's salute is based on a code of the gentleman warrior as a sign of mutual recognition and respect. It is not a sign of domination and submission.

The under ranking soldier initiates the salute, but the ranking officer is also required to return it.

A commanding general may walk by and ignore a civilian no matter how rich and famous that person may. But if he/she encounters a private on his/her first day of basic training and that private comes to attention and salutes him, he must acknowledge and return the salute to the private.

So yes, as this relates to encountering an AP, dispensing with standard greetings of mutual respect is warranted.

• Like 2
Oberfeldwebel

I'm no Miss Manners, but I believe that biotch slapping someone at a school fundraiser is considered in poor taste, even if they deserve it. The best revenge live a life she can only dream of and envy. Don't stoop to her level, lift your head high, put on your best smile and let the world know how special you really are as a woman.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...
Honourably honest

A horrible situation, which I personally think was handled well, and most importantly with decorum. Well done you, you are better than this woman in every way and should look to a happier and more fruitful future.#

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You actually did the best thing you could of done.

Her seeing you smile has got to be making her wonder....wtf?? why is she happy??

I told my H's AP that she could have him and good luck :) LOL..she thought she was winning him :sick:

I took myself out of the equation and suddenly she didn't look that good to him anymore...go figure.

As others have said, the best thing you can do, the best revenge is to be happy!

• Like 1
yodelwithyu

I've been meaning to tell you, and I always forget to post, that when I read this, is actually made me laugh out loud for the first time in a very long time. You sound really sweet!

• Like 3
stilltrying16
I've been meaning to tell you, and I always forget to post, that when I read this, is actually made me laugh out loud for the first time in a very long time. You sound really sweet!

So glad you said this, yodelwy, because I thought the same thing & didn't post. OP, OW probably felt quite outclassed by you.

I saw something on acorntv recently with Judi Dench- something from the 70s. She was the BW. OP, your reaction reminded me of her for some reason- at least her initial reaction did.

How are you doing?

Yeah, well it's never too late to tell her husband, if you haven't done it. I would suggest the burning bag of poo on the porch, but that's probably too light of a reaction, even if it could be blamed on teenagers.